The other mob

MisterC

32 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

There is no hope on this earth that their back 4 is worse than ours 

Carter Vickers the only one that starts for me in a combined back 4.

Tav is better than Johnston

Goldson is better than Scales/Walsh/Lagerbielke

Yilmaz is better than Taylor

6 minutes ago, OrangeRab said:

From a defensive standpoint it’s probably debatable if Tav is better than Johnston, but we aren’t expecting to keep Tav and Goldson so you should try comparing our predicted back 4 to theirs 

2 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

From a defensive standpoint it’s probably debatable if Tav is better than Johnston, but we aren’t expecting to keep Tav and Goldson so you should try comparing our predicted back 4 to theirs 

Wasn’t guessing what our back four would be. Tav and Goldson still with us.

But agreed if you take those 2 out, what we’re left with is pretty bleak as it stands

4 hours ago, OrangeRab said:

Lol I really don’t want to debate this,  but that’s a mental take. 

16 minutes ago, plymouthranger said:

Lol I really don’t want to debate this,  but that’s a mental take. 

What’s mental about it?

Yilmaz/Taylor I get can be argued both ways. Personally think Taylor is bang average 

22 minutes ago, OrangeRab said:

What’s mental about it?

Yilmaz/Taylor I get can be argued both ways. Personally think Taylor is bang average 

The fact youv compared Goldson with probably there worst 3 CBs, uf your doing a straight comparison of both back 4s you could maybe debate the 2 full back positions but you aren't taking Goldson over Carter Vickers and as average as he is Scales had a better season last year than any of our other CBs.

52 minutes ago, SuperLeeMcCulloch said:

The fact youv compared Goldson with probably there worst 3 CBs, uf your doing a straight comparison of both back 4s you could maybe debate the 2 full back positions but you aren't taking Goldson over Carter Vickers and as average as he is Scales had a better season last year than any of our other CBs.

I literally said Carter vickers. It’s not up for debate, he’s the best cb in the league.

I’d take Goldson over Liam Scales or whoever else they’d pick.

Our goals conceded pre the split before Goldson was out was better than theirs. Same for the cups.

Going forward, our goals contributions from our full backs was significantly better.

We were top of the league going into the stretch. That wasn’t because our attack or midfield was better was it..

2 hours ago, OrangeRab said:

I literally said Carter vickers. It’s not up for debate, he’s the best cb in the league.

Our goals conceded pre the split before Goldson was out was better than theirs. Same for the cups.

Going forward, our goals contributions from our full backs was significantly better.

We were top of the league going into the stretch. That wasn’t because our attack or midfield was better was it..

Goldson was dropped before injury ended his season because his form was that poor.

5 hours ago, OrangeRab said:

I'm backing you up on this, mate.

Anybody arguing Johnson is better than Tav, either in attack or defence, is talking out his arse. 

Ridvan/Taylor is definitely a debate - neither particularly stands out above the other.

Carter-Vickers is better than Goldson (although both players at the same age is maybe another conversation) but Goldson is better than the rest of their defence. I'd also argue that all of Souttar, Balogun and Davies are better than Scales and Lagerbielke 

On 24/07/2024 at 15:33, Rangers_no1 said:

Ban this fanny fs

I’d love to be surprised when the league starts, but they’re substantially far ahead of us at present. Denying that would have set me up for even more disappointment after the loss to a League One club a couple of days ago.

On 24/07/2024 at 23:10, BigDak said:

I'm backing you up on this, mate.

Anybody arguing Johnson is better than Tav, either in attack or defence, is talking out his arse. 

Ridvan/Taylor is definitely a debate - neither particularly stands out above the other.

Carter-Vickers is better than Goldson (although both players at the same age is maybe another conversation) but Goldson is better than the rest of their defence. I'd also argue that all of Souttar, Balogun and Davies are better than Scales and Lagerbielke 

I don't watch the tarriers enough to make a reasonable opinion on h2h debate, outside of the Old Firm games. 

Tav is fucking garbage and been the root cause of literally dozens of goals against the scum in Johnson's time at the scum alone, never mind Tav's time. Johnson looked poor against us last season and still not been anywhere near as bad as Tav in any of them he's been involved in. Tav seems to be a blindspot for so many because he can take a penalty. 

Ridvan better than Taylor for me. 

Carter Vickers is miles better than Goldson. 

We are all moaning about the transfers in and out but we seem t be doing more business than them.

They have replaced two keepers but apart from that they are still negotiating for Bernardo to become permanent.

I know we need to make ground on them but it's still nice to see.

6 hours ago, Blueshoff said:

We are all moaning about the transfers in and out but we seem t be doing more business than them.

They have replaced two keepers but apart from that they are still negotiating for Bernardo to become permanent.

I know we need to make ground on them but it's still nice to see.

We REALLY need to, though.

On 25/07/2024 at 20:12, NehruTheDamaja said:

I’d love to be surprised when the league starts, but they’re substantially far ahead of us at present. Denying that would have set me up for even more disappointment after the loss to a League One club a couple of days ago.

Aye yer a pape

On 25/07/2024 at 20:12, NehruTheDamaja said:

images (1).jpeg

17 minutes ago, RFC55 said:

Aye and some it's no even just a first 11, it's a few good squad players as well.

Clement isn't inspiring me with confidence either though :( 

Lets hope hes got it in him to do what hes done elsewhere.

18 minutes ago, RFC55 said:

Aye and some it's no even just a first 11, it's a few good squad players as well.

Clement isn't inspiring me with confidence either though :( 

Think he will once he gets his own squad in, he’s had a mass clearout at every club he’s been successful with.