The other mob

MisterC

1 hour ago, Jamie0202 said:

I spoke to my mate before the game. Slovan were 12/1.

This is supposed to be the Champions league where we're watching the best teams in Europe competing.  Honestly embarrassing.

The odds are generally shorter domestically which tells a story. 

They were extremely lucky with their draws. Fucking Killie would have made it through.

1 hour ago, RM Monitor And Standards Officer said:

Wild man 

I think every win and draw should be the same across all three competitions, you already get the big gap in finances with participation fees, so I think the win/draw bonuses should be equal.

6 hours ago, NixonRFC said:

I think every win and draw should be the same across all three competitions, you already get the big gap in finances with participation fees, so I think the win/draw bonuses should be equal.

Totally disagree on this.

Although the new format and draws comparison between us and them has made it harder for us. On paper you should play harder sides in the CL so the money for wins should be larger.

7 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Totally disagree on this.

Although the new format and draws comparison between us and them has made it harder for us. On paper you should play harder sides in the CL so the money for wins should be larger.

Yes but by definition, you too should be of much higher standard to be in the UCL too, so all this does is make the rich richer, teams who play in the Conference would likely be of poorer standard than UCL clubs, obviously there'll be some exceptions, but they'll be playing teams of similar standard, meaning any successes is are just as hard fought, coefficient points for wins/draws are the same regardless of competition, that's why I think prize money for wins/draws should be too.

The big money is in participation fees and the 5 and 10 year coefficient and the market share, prize money is moderate in comparison.

Just my take on it tbf, understand if folk don't agree.

If it wasn’t for a fucking horrendous VAR decision on Saturday then the incarnation of Brazil 1970 would’ve struggled at home to beat bottom of the league Hearts. Unfortunately the situation at the moment is we are in that much of a fucking mess we are struggling to challenge them.

2 hours ago, MacBoyd said:

Hopefully another bigger club like Leicester go for Rogers I find when his teams are confident we have no chance with the financial gap. We blew it last year when the fans still hated him.

Realistically and as much as this sticks in my throat, I think our best bet right now is just to build a team capable enough of competing and exploiting them when he does leave, the thing about the tims is they'll never pull too far away, as big as the gap feels right now, they're in a perpetual rebuild mode, whether it be their top players or better managers, they don't do longer than 2/3 years, they're 1.5yrs into this latest Rodgers project and at most, they only have another 1.5yrs of that left, IMO, so I think we should be building with the focus of hurting them the next time they have that big change.

20 minutes ago, NixonRFC said:

Realistically and as much as this sticks in my throat, I think our best bet right now is just to build a team capable enough of competing and exploiting them when he does leave, the thing about the tims is they'll never pull too far away, as big as the gap feels right now, they're in a perpetual rebuild mode, whether it be their top players or better managers, they don't do longer than 2/3 years, they're 1.5yrs into this latest Rodgers project and at most, they only have another 1.5yrs of that left, IMO, so I think we should be building with the focus of hurting them the next time they have that big change.

I think he would leave at first opportunity again. Not sure how high his stock is in down south anymore however

8 hours ago, NixonRFC said:

UEFA have totally skewed competition in its smaller member countries with the difference in all its payments between its  competitions. For example when they are giving out £40 million to a team live slovan bratislava they are effectively ensuring that they will be uncatchable for years domestically. It doesnt matter so much in the "big 5" countries where there are far bigger domestic tv revenues. Not that UEFA will care but they supposedly have a duty to foster the game in all its member countries  including "nurturing competitiveness". As long as they prevent  a breakaway league then its all good though.

2 hours ago, Albertz85 said:

I think he would leave at first opportunity again. Not sure how high his stock is in down south anymore however

That win last night will have raised it slightly , it’s annoying as fuck I’d rather he was here for when we next win a league so we can finally humble the smug bastard 

You have to laugh at their weirdness regards the atmosphere at CP. There's some number of videos going about captioned something like 'look at the faces of the Bratislava players/Kasper Schmeichel. They're so in awe of/mentally broken by the CP roar'. 

Then the video starts and they're all just standing there with run-of-the-mill expressions on their faces. I don't know if sellic fans are just hugely self-deluded or if it's some weird effort at propaganda to perpetuate the 'best in the world' myth. Pretty tragic either way.

16 minutes ago, Inigo said:

You have to laugh at their weirdness regards the atmosphere at CP. There's some number of videos going about captioned something like 'look at the faces of the Bratislava players/Kasper Schmeichel. They're so in awe of/mentally broken by the CP roar'. 

Then the video starts and they're all just standing there with run-of-the-mill expressions on their faces. I don't know if sellic fans are just hugely self-deluded or if it's some weird effort at propaganda to perpetuate the 'best in the world' myth. Pretty tragic either way.

There are similar videos about Real and Inter at CP. How the likes of Modric being 'blown away' by ra sellik fans, aye right.

I think last night as fine for them it was, may actually lead to over confidence in the other games, esp at home.

35 minutes ago, Inigo said:

They were so obviously jealous of the kind of atmospheres we had on our run to Seville and they want that for themselves, but as they’re generally utter shite in Europe they can’t really do that, so they delude themselves that beating Slovan Bratislava in the group stages is just as good as us beating Dortmund or Leipzig in terms of atmosphere.

It’s hilarious tbh.