Next Manager Discussion Thread

superallysbears

Just now, The Ibrox Derry said:

Away and Shite

Sorry but I wont be taking advice on football managers from the guy who yesterday was praising the tarrier manager then having a go at Rangers fans for giving him stick

Parasite

1 minute ago, The Specky Liar said:

Someone who has managed around 15 games and was a part of multiple failures here as a coach is also a massive gamble

There would be little settle in period because he knows the place and the majority of players. That's a huge factor imo.

He is a sought-after manager (at least by Wolves) in the biggest league in the world. I think that speaks volumes despite his lack of experience.

Sean Dyche will come here and play two defensive midfielders. Not for me.

14 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Neil McCann & Kevin Thomson as interim until the WC and break the bank to negotiate for Beale in the meantime.

I don't think his loyalty to QPR stretches beyond us.

He is the logical choice. The ones I read are random and gambles.

If we sack Gio and pay off his staff with 2.5 years left on their contracts we will have £0 to pay QPR.

3 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

There would be little settle in period because he knows the place and the majority of players. That's a huge factor imo.

He is a sought-after manager (at least by Wolves) in the biggest league in the world. I think that speaks volumes despite his lack of experience.

Sean Dyche will come here and play two defensive midfielders. Not for me.

You have no idea if that's true or not.

1 minute ago, The Ibrox Derry said:

The Tarrier Manager who has sussed us out umpteen times.

Scum

Serhiy Rebrov for me still. His record domestically and in Europe with both Dynamo Kiev and Ferencvaros is superb, in fact pretty much flawless out with his final year with Dynamo.

Manages a high pressing structured game and has his teams extremely fit. Most of what was the good bits about the previous management team with trophies to back it up.

Even if we had the money I do wonder who we would attract. They’d have to beat a Sellick team that has just about everyone’s number in this tinpot league, and do so with seemingly little money and a shit squad of players. Any intelligent manager would say “fuck that” you’d imagine, unless they have some sort of connection with us. Why take a reputational gamble like that?

Maybe I’m being too pessimistic but it feels like we’ll end up with someone trying to make a reputation rather than someone with a reputation. Of course, the board may just sit tight and do fuck all and pray the results and performances improve.

Rebrov and Seone the only realistic options that would excite me but equally both huge risks to the extent I just can't see the club going or them.

If we're going to keep going 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-3 Michael Laudrup is too long out of managing but his style of play in Spain and then at Swansea would be how I'd want us to play.

1 minute ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Rebrov and Seone the only realistic options that would excite me but equally both huge risks to the extent I just can't see the club going or them.

If we're going to keep going 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-3 Michael Laudrup is too long out of managing but his style of play in Spain and then at Swansea would be how I'd want us to play.

He's be a fucking disaster 

3 minutes ago, BlueThunder said:

Even if we had the money I do wonder who we would attract. They’d have to beat a Sellick team that has just about everyone’s number in this tinpot league, and do so with seemingly little money and a shit squad of players. Any intelligent manager would say “fuck that” you’d imagine, unless they have some sort of connection with us. Why take a reputational gamble like that?

Maybe I’m being too pessimistic but it feels like we’ll end up with someone trying to make a reputation rather than someone with a reputation. Of course, the board may just sit tight and do fuck all and pray the results and performances improve.

Look I personally prefer thar type of manager/player normally. I hated resigning old unmotivated players the last few summers for example. But dunno I think our best chance of instant success is a dyche or big sam