Next Manager Discussion Thread

superallysbears

7 hours ago, RFC55 said:

Seems many have a hardon for this guy, wonder how many would want him had they not beat the fenians? I canā€™t think of a time that Rangers fans would ever have wanted a Norwegian manager who has won 2 titles in 20 years in the game and has his side 15 points or more behind in the league, it just wouldnā€™t happen.

they play in the Antarctic, their pitch is worse than livi and killies and actually seems like a lot of their excellent home record is down to this.

itā€™s a 2 hour flight or 9 hour trek from Rosenborg to glimtĀ 

To be fair they also put 6 by Roma

Is Bielsa a realistic possibility? I would have thought thatā€™s the obvious one. Sets high standards, proven that he can build a squad. His teams are incredibly fit. He seems to assemble young teams. Plays attacking football that would work against the spl dross. Was unlucky in his last season at Leeds. Would probably command respect of the dressing room. Wouldnā€™t stand for any nonsense from the board

Serhiy Rebrov or Pedro Martins. However the latter moved to a Qatari team yesterday (so a good manager missed out on). Maybe by the time we actually decide we want a new manager he will be more available as he is only there for 18 months.

18 minutes ago, OrangeRab said:

Is Bielsa a realistic possibility? I would have thought thatā€™s the obvious one. Sets high standards, proven that he can build a squad. His teams are incredibly fit. He seems to assemble young teams. Plays attacking football that would work against the spl dross. Was unlucky in his last season at Leeds. Would probably command respect of the dressing room. Wouldnā€™t stand for any nonsense from the board

Then he's no chance, the board only want yes men that toe the line.

4 minutes ago, onlythestrongsurvive said:

When we played Liverpool etc.Ā  wasn't their first team

I know they pumped us whatā€™s your point? The Roma team wasnā€™t on anywhere near a level of that Liverpool sideĀ 

Number 1 choice - BielsaĀ 

Number 2 choice - dycheĀ 

Number 3 choice - scott Parker

Back up - Chris Wilder, his use of over lapping cbs was class and new/fresh. Actually has a style of play and did really well at Sheffield utd. Also would like to see us play 3 5 2 which he likes

2 hours ago, SIRB_72 said:

Serhiy Rebrov or Pedro Martins. However the latter moved to a Qatari team yesterday (so a good manager missed out on). Maybe by the time we actually decide we want a new manager he will be more available as he is only there for 18 months.

Ā 

no-noooo.gif

1 hour ago, The Ibrox Derry said:

Inspired me more in 2 minutes than Van Brockhorst has done in 1 full year.

Starting to lean towards the big fella meĀ 

Hed bring fight, desire and orgainisation. Only bad thing is a "Sean" as manager of Rangers.

Warburton friendly since 2015 when he came to Ibrox twice for warm up games.

1 hour ago, falkirkNS said:

Hed bring fight, desire and orgainisation. Only bad thing is a "Sean" as manager of Rangers.

Warburton friendly since 2015 when he came to Ibrox twice for warm up games.

We just want a good manager in, no need for bigotry.

What other huge clubs in world football prioritize fight, desire and organization when looking for a new manager?

Not saying you don't need those things but there can't be many clubs wanting to win their leagues who rate these qualities highest of all the way that about half our support do.