Next Manager Discussion Thread

superallysbears

Just now, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Mate it's not me ridiculing managers based on their last season.

Exactly, at what point in your life would you see a clamour for a manager who has his team almost 20 points behind in the Norwegian premier league and guided his side to a 1 0 loss at linfield, a 3 1 loss in which bodo were very lucky to sneak through ( @johanvanhentzecan confirm) vs KI in the faroes and an absolute hammering by Zagreb.

when would a Rangers support ever demand that this is the direction we are going down? 

3 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

The new manager needs to be someone with a big personality who can basically carry the whole club.

I fear it’s going to be some foreign coach working under Wilson who will get eaten up the same way that Gio ultimately has.

Needs to be gerrardesque like you said who can basically unite and carry everyone at the club 

At the moment the Club are in talks with Ryan Jack about a new deal. The issue with the DOF remaining is that this will probably remain when he picks our new coach.

Any new manager should be getting carte blanche to absolutely empty the place not still have Wilson giving input regarding players he likes or deems good around changing room.

1 minute ago, RFC55 said:

Exactly, at what point in your life would you see a clamour for a manager who has his team almost 20 points behind in the Norwegian premier league and guided his side to a 1 0 loss at linfield, a 3 1 loss in which bodo were very lucky to sneak through ( @johanvanhentzecan confirm) vs KI in the faroes and an absolute hammering by Zagreb.

when would a Rangers support ever demand that this is the direction we are going down? 

I don't want Knutsen.

The point I was making is that there are a good handful of managers who sections of the support want or lean towards who's very recent record has been poor.

There sadly isn't one outstanding known about candidate.

1 minute ago, STEPPS BOY said:

At the moment the Club are in talks with Ryan Jack about a new deal. The issue with the DOF remaining is that this will probably remain when he picks our new coach.

Any new manager should be getting carte blanche to absolutely empty the place not still have Wilson giving input regarding players he likes or deems good around changing room.

Wilson should be out the door right alongside gio. The transfer record alone should be enough. 

His only contribution is player sales and that's what the board are probably happy with. 

If he's allowed to continue calling shots under a new manager we'll be back here again in no time. 

Just now, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

I don't want Knutsen.

The point I was making is that there are a good handful of managers who sections of the support want or lean towards who's very recent record has been poor.

There sadly isn't one outstanding known about candidate.

There is none that we know about, however the board need to get this correct and not do what they done with gio and ride the wave the support create.

gio was an obvious one that about 90% wanted but the feyenoord fans warnings were ignored and it seems they were more than correct about him 

Just now, BlueKnight87 said:

Wilson should be out the door right alongside gio. The transfer record alone should be enough. 

His only contribution is player sales and that's what the board are probably happy with. 

If he's allowed to continue calling shots under a new manager we'll be back here again in no time. 

I said the other day that from boards POV Wilson bringing in £40 million would see him keep his job. I fully agree with your last paragraph.

Just now, RFC55 said:

There is none that we know about, however the board need to get this correct and not do what they done with gio and ride the wave the support create.

gio was an obvious one that about 90% wanted but the feyenoord fans warnings were ignored and it seems they were more than correct about him 

Agreed.

The most qualified and probably best for our situation regarding players who could play a system the manager could implement quickly would be Dyche.  He'd also command a lot of respect being a Premier League manager with a lot of knowledge of British football and probably be less of a yes man to Wilson. 

Knutsen would probably bring more attacking flair to the club in time but he'd need to adapt to the Scottish league and bring in players that could play his system which judging by our transfer record under WIlson is unlikely.