Should we be looking for a new manager now?

MadSasa

16 minutes ago, ElBufalo20 said:

This is probably the most bizarre post I’ve ever seen.

How does any team across the world win a league without hoping their rivals drop points and you get something against them.

They’ll batter us at their place and probably batter a lot of the league. Think it’s pretty clear what my post meant 

Us staying in the race depends entirely upon them dropping silly points because we are going to drop quite a few 

1 hour ago, Ibroxholm said:

Far too early in the season to sack him, I think.  Champions League has been an embarrassment but we were never going to do anything in it anyway.  The League is our bread and butter and as long as we are in touching distance with them, I think it would be foolhardy to do anything to disrupt things.  Let’s face it being gubbed in Europe and hanging on in there in the League to when it matters, despite rubbish performances, is reminiscent of much of Walter’s reign.
The cost of getting rid of him and his backroom team and bringing in a new manager/team would also likely mean we wouldn’t be able to spend on players in January.  

CL was always going to be very difficult, but the abject surrenders we've seen aren't acceptable.

Re Walter's style of play in his second spell - we accepted it because of his previous successful spell and the simple fact we won the league. If we didn't win the league it would have been a different matter, and as it stands I'm not nearly as confident as I was when Walter was in charge.

And as for us spending money in January - seems a bit ambitious. 

1 hour ago, BlueKnight87 said:

While he's still within distance of the taigs or better he's not in any danger. 

Board have already confirmed via the tav apology that the champions league is a bonus. Results there won't matter to them. 

Only if the league becomes out of reach will a change even be discussed. I definitely think money plays an issue there as well. It won't be cheap to sack gio and his staff. Then hire a new manager and staff. Especially if they move for a currently employed replacement.

Unfortunately, I think you're correct.

Personally I think we are now in “when” rather than “if” territory regarding his tenure.  

While on any given game the result is always more important than the performance, we have gone pretty much the entire season domestically relying on that mantra and doing just enough far too often and have been hanging on towards the end of games that really should have been more comfortable. That can happen to the best of teams that you have the off game that the finishing isn’t there / breaks don’t go your way but it is becoming a pattern for us.

We has been unlucky with injuries, however I think his general philosophy hinders us and stops our most influential players to impact the game.  Even our more comfortable wins have been more about grinding down the opposition than giving the opposition a drubbing.

Most importantly I don’t think the players are buying into his tactics / style, his stubbornness in selection of certain players who aren’t performing and totally freezing others out for weeks and then bringing them back in for a game or two before dropping them again is having an impact on the overall harmony of the squad.

I hope I am proven wrong and we go win every game left this season and win a treble and Gio forces all those who have doubted him to hold their hands up and say we got it wrong, but I can’t see it happening and see a more realistic long drawn out death where the section of the support getting more and more disgruntled seeing the same issues getting repeated grows and causes devisions within the support between those who’ve had enough and those who want to show loyalty.

It depressingly reminds me of the end to McCoist’s reign, where many could see where it was heading but he was doing just enough to keep his job until it was apparent he wasn’t getting us promoted, by which point it was too late to save the season.

3 hours ago, .Williamson. said:

We are basically hoping that they drop points elsewhere and we can limp along winning, while getting results against them at Ibrox. That’s where we are in terms of a title challenge this season 

If we do that the league goes down to the wire then which is a lot better than some of the forecasts on here.

Since Gio came in against the rest he's 1 point worse off compared to celtic and right now we're 1 point ahead of them. Pick up points, more over wins, against them at Ibrox then we do have a strong title challenge.

12 hours ago, MadSasa said:

That was absolutely terrible today, we won but I’m finished with GvB. When we play them I fear it will be another 3/4-0 defeat if he’s still here so should we act now before the world cup and get a new man in?

The simple answer is yes or no as we keep hearing via podcasts et al Gio never sanctioned one of the summer signings.

Its an absolute shit show, players look out on their feet before kick off.

You play as well as any of the others if not better then get binned.

The players we actually have cash invested in are imposters or not quoted.

The style of play is what? 
Bore them into submission?

” not going well, drowsy lacklustre team?

Take Gio 60

Left Wing, Right Wing & Centre. 

Mr V Bronckhorst says this works for me “

There are no easy solutions to this we are that far down the rabbit hole with this squad.

Look unfit, uninterested and don’t appear to follow instructions according to the Manager.

And they have a bad mentality. ?????

Sorry Rant over.

11 hours ago, McEwan's Lager said:

08/09 was pretty dire. 

We never really got our shit together until the last 8 games or so of the season. They were ahead one stage by 7 points. We slowly ground out wins playing some pretty horrible football while they dropped points to reel them in and it wasn't convincing at all.

We played really good football up until Thomson got injured. Usually any games that had Stevie Smith out wide was a chore 😂 

14 hours ago, WWTC said:

You calm down. I’m not suggesting he’s the answer or that that I want him. I’m pointing out that him being on a shortlist now is pretty obvious under the current board given the fact that he was on the last list, like it or not. 

The jury’s out on Gio regardless. 

Who said Neilson was on the short list last year?

I've never heard that before

12 hours ago, ianb1547 said:

Not read the thread. But to answer the question posed, No.

Agreed.

Not because I think van Bronckhorst should stay but rather because a competent board should already have identified a shortlist for our next manager and made provisional approaches.

28 minutes ago, the cry was no said:

ive just realised he said ' you calm down' :lol:

it seems hes just another poster who can talk to people like that on the net but wont do it in the street, he'll fit right in with the rest of the fannies on here

38 minutes ago, Colin Traive said:

Agreed.

Not because I think van Bronckhorst should stay but rather because a competent board should already have identified a shortlist for our next manager and made provisional approaches.

Rumour on twitter at the weekend beale was being monitored to replace gio. 

But no chance the board are thinking of sacking gio just now. 

Our shortlist last time as well after Gerrard left was just gio. You'll never convince me the board seriously looked at anyone else. 

15 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

Rumour on twitter at the weekend beale was being monitored to replace gio. 

But no chance the board are thinking of sacking gio just now. 

Our shortlist last time as well after Gerrard left was just gio. You'll never convince me the board seriously looked at anyone else. 

Sadly, I think your right.

Long term strategy thinking consists of “Indian or Chinese tonight?”

Beale being linked with Wolves apparently.

40 minutes ago, Colin Traive said:

Sadly, I think your right.

Long term strategy thinking consists of “Indian or Chinese tonight?”

Beale being linked with Wolves apparently.

If there was a long term strategy/structure in place, which was the point of having a dof. 

We would have had a shortlist of managers that could implement an approach we had been working on for years. Beale would have suited that. Amazed if he did get wolves job. 

I still think the board seen our support wanted gio and opted for an easy win. 

3 hours ago, the cry was no said:

He was, i’m saying it now if its not been said before. We spoke to Neilson when we took on Gio thats a fact. 

2 hours ago, Rowley Birkin said:

ive just realised he said ' you calm down' :lol:

it seems hes just another poster who can talk to people like that on the net but wont do it in the street, he'll fit right in with the rest of the fannies on here

I said “you calm down” to a respected member who’ve ive had plenty of discussions with on here, good and bad. He didnt take offence to it as none was intended, and I misunderstood his point which is why i “liked” his comment. Ive no idea why you’ve decided to reas further into it and your assessment of its fuckin laugable to be honest. Ive been “fitting in well” on here for 10+ years. 😂

sorry “big man” 😂

30 minutes ago, WWTC said:

I said “you calm down” to a respected member who’ve ive had plenty of discussions with on here, good and bad. He didnt take offence to it as none was intended, and I misunderstood his point which is why i “liked” his comment. Ive no idea why you’ve decided to reas further into it and your assessment of its fuckin laugable to be honest. Ive been “fitting in well” on here for 10+ years. 😂

sorry “big man” 😂

jesus fuck respected member you should take it out your mouth he'll be needing a piss soon:lol: