Should we be looking for a new manager now?

MadSasa

Just now, MadSasa said:

That was absolutely terrible today, we won but I’m finished with GvB. When we play them I fear it will be another 3/4-0 defeat if he’s still here so should we act now before the world cup and get a new man in?

Only if you clean your window sill first 

According to Ross Wilson when we hired GVB we always have/had 3 candidates ready for every eventuality so don’t see why this certainly wouldn’t be the case just now. 

Although with the way our board behave id take the above with a massive pinch of salt.  

Realistically we should have been looking for another manager long ago, regardless of how Gio was doing. We should be approaching them now however with the view to get them in at the break. Give them a month to get bedded in before we return after the WC.

We won’t though, we’ll wait until we are 15 points behind and out the cups before making a move. Goals have been achieved this season, CL qualification.

We should always be forward planning and looking for replacement for every key department of the club.

Manager should be no different as he could leave at any moment be that being sacked, resigning or going to another team.

My comment isn't specifically about Gio and more just in general.

Approaching other managers however when Gio is still in the job would be disrespectful and not something I'd want us to do.

I was just talking to my pal earlier. Gio hasn't really put his mark on this squad. Almost like he's a caretaker manager. Most new managers pull players from the leagues they have worked in before, the fat guy brought in Japs. I'm always surprised we haven't seen a single Dutch player in the squad

To make a change now would be madness when we are only two points behind in the League.  Never mind the financial cost, it would likely cause at least 2-3weeks disruption and, going by previous seasons when we changed manager, would likely lead to poor results in that period putting us well behind.  
Not sure it’s all the manager’s fault anyway, our recent recruitment has been abysmal.

16 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

If he keeps to within 2 points of them (or better) I can't see how he could justifiably not get until the next game against them, despite how turgid the performances may be.

I thought winning was all that matters at Rangers?

You think we’ll win against the scum?

31 minutes ago, jackg93 said:

According to Ross Wilson when we hired GVB we always have/had 3 candidates ready for every eventuality so don’t see why this certainly wouldn’t be the case just now. 

Although with the way our board behave id take the above with a massive pinch of salt.  

Wonder how many alternative Directors of Football we have lined up to replace that charlatan.

39 minutes ago, Ibroxholm said:

To make a change now would be madness when we are only two points behind in the League.  Never mind the financial cost, it would likely cause at least 2-3weeks disruption and, going by previous seasons when we changed manager, would likely lead to poor results in that period putting us well behind.  
Not sure it’s all the manager’s fault anyway, our recent recruitment has been abysmal.

I suppose it comes down to the questions - can we afford to sack him? And Can we afford not to sack him?

I'm leaning towards no to the second question?

I don't think it will work out long term. He's far too stubborn to change approach and I'm not convinced the players are fully behind him. 

Sacking him while still only 2 points behind but is never going to happen. 

Board confirmed via tav apology that Europe is a bonus so they'll only be looking at the domestic form. 

If he stays within touch of the taigs he's safe. Any dropped points but between now and the WC break I can see our support turning on him. 

28 minutes ago, MadSasa said:

You think we’ll win against the scum?

Not based on what we're seeing no.

But I don't think the board will sack him whilst we keep winning domestically. They'll also be considering the mitigating circumstances e.g. how many players we have out.

Surely the board know enough about football to watch today's game and realise we aren't getting better, we are getting worse and persevering with him is not going to give us success in the long run.

Then again, it is OUR board I'm talking about here so they probably think all is well because we won today.