Mcabbi Haifa Manager linked with summer move to Rangers

RFC55

42 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

I think English being your first language is a big help in this country.

Look at us and the filth, ‘foreign’ managers haven’t historically done particularly well. 

You need to be able to speak it but it doesn't necessarily need to be your first language.

That wasn't what @KingKirk was saying anyway.

52 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

Why I've been on this planet 32 years Advocaat back by tens of millions was our last foreign success. 

Because it's far too simplistic.

i.e. if the only British coaches who are willing to come are of the level of those currently managing in Scotland, or an Alex Neil or someone are you arguing we should go for one of them rather than a demonstrably better foreign option? I doubt it and hope not.

It should be the best coach/manager and fit for the club whether British or from overseas.

The managers that work the best in football now are the ones that get ridiculed before they step into the hotseat.

Not asking for a world cup winning manager but a manager that has an eye for a player and plays good attacking football which is enjoyable to watch and also knows how to set a team up to defend and can change tactics and has an identity on a way he wants to play.

Is that a lot to ask for? 

3 minutes ago, BlueboyG said:

I don't think it matters who the fuck we bring in with the set up we have just now,  unless they get picking their own signings and are backed by the board there's not a great deal to work with.

We'll struggle to attract a decent manager if the board don't generate funds for them to bring in their own players. 

Dont see it happening . 

But if it did , I'd say we should be looking at a British manager as our success rate of European ones is pretty poor with 3 out of 4 struggling , and even Advocaat struggled after his second season . 

Funnily enough, I had actually looked at this guy as a potential manager for us, but didn’t really consider him over Rebrov or Seoane as he’d never managed outside of Israel.

If he could come here and replicate what he’s done there then he’d be great, difficult to tell if he would though.

6 hours ago, RFC55 said:

It’s amazing though that we have gone from 55 in the style we did to now thinking this next appointment is absolutely massive not just for now but for the coming 3 or 4 seasons.

that fat cunt has put guys from the J league who let’s be honest are limited in his side and has people raving about them like a 1970s Brazil, their results in Europe have shown what they are, but at the end of the day it’s really what happens here that matters 

Exactly right, just want to beat these entitled cunts in the league every season, anything else afterwards is a bonus. 

4 hours ago, gmcf said:

Dont see it happening . 

But if it did , I'd say we should be looking at a British manager as our success rate of European ones is pretty poor with 3 out of 4 struggling , and even Advocaat struggled after his second season . 

I wonder what British manager knows these players, would have these players playing for him,raises the profile of the club, A huge name in football, would be affordable,available and knows the demands of the club.

28 minutes ago, Kylegib said:

I wonder what British manager knows these players, would have these players playing for him,raises the profile of the club, A huge name in football, would be affordable,available and knows the demands of the club.

Mate you're honestly a fucking joke. On a par with specky but opposite ends of the spectrum. 

39 minutes ago, Kylegib said:

You’re the least well disguised troller on here 

37 minutes ago, Blue72 said:

You’re the least well disguised troller on here 

OK m8 I'll ask and I'm not trolling. Would you not agree that it is imperative that we get our next managerial appointment correct or we could find ourselves falling further behind celtic again?

16 minutes ago, Kylegib said:

OK m8 I'll ask and I'm not trolling. Would you not agree that it is imperative that we get our next managerial appointment correct or we could find ourselves falling further behind celtic again?

Yes - but you know as well as anyone else the guy that left mid season, looked spent here as far as team form, didn’t get on well with the board and failed at villa (despite significant investment) ain’t the answer