Annual accounts are out

RFC55

11 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

On the SD case, how the fuck is James Blair still at club.

Be better with Ally Mcbeal.

In all seriousness though I can't comment on his professional capabilities but I've spoken to him on a couple of occasions and he seems a decent and likeable guy. Much more personable than some of the other people I have unfortunately had interactions with.

In my own background I've worked in the same area in two places as the company secretary and the Group Legal Officer / General Counsel and in my experience while they provide advice and draw up documents, the strategy on how it is actually carried out is left to the executive team and board. I highly doubt he for example advised the club to go down a path of non-performance with the revised SD contract. He probably set out the options available and others would have taken the decisions on which way to take it.

25 minutes ago, Kylegib said:

Yes because had it not been for our previous manager or current manager doing so well in Europe we'd likely be in administration again, the board are as guilty as any manager for us being where we are now.

20 minutes ago, Kylegib said:

It was actually the fans that stepped up buying season tickets etc from that time we even bought season tickets for games we didn't even get to attend during covid and we were buying them in record numbers that's what saved the club.

You're banging on about us not backing the manager with enough funds constantly whilst now also saying we needed saved and could have been in administration. Which is it?

16 minutes ago, RFC55 said:

The fans bought season tickets every season from way back till now bar the boycott season.

we haven’t put the money in that these guys have let’s not try and downplay their funding of the club, there’s much to hate about how they run it but they have provided working capital for a vast amount of time, our season tickets don’t cover that.

They'll all get their money back probably with interest,shares etc. It's an excuse that gets trotted out regularly the same as they're all supposed to be real Rangers men that's another that gets trotted out regularly. 

10 minutes ago, Moody Blue said:

Cba reading the full set but headline details paint a more positive picture than we’ve seen in recent seasons. They seem to praise themselves for that, which makes it all the more ludicrous that they showcase player trading yet renewed OAP’s in the summer (wage bill at record levels) and have let some contracts run down where the assets will leave for nothing. Adopt a strategy to trade players and stick with it!

Business model on the right track, still needs improving, but they will find out soon enough that it all becomes irrelevant if your product on the park is pish. 

And the product on the park is pish mate. 👍

5 minutes ago, Kylegib said:

They'll all get their money back probably with interest,shares etc. It's an excuse that gets trotted out regularly the same as they're all supposed to be real Rangers men that's another that gets trotted out regularly. 

Aye mate none of them support Rangers nor did they travel all over with us.

1 minute ago, RFC55 said:

Aye mate none of them support Rangers nor did they travel all over with us.

They could have travelled with us to Australia to play celtic in a friendly I suppose being real Rangers men or of course they could've fleeced more out the fans for the champions league package as clearly that's what real Rangers men would do.:headwall:

Just now, Kylegib said:

They could have travelled with us to Australia to play celtic in a friendly I suppose being real Rangers men or of course they could've fleeced more out the fans for the champions league package as clearly that's what real Rangers men would do.:headwall:

Shut up ya mongo 

42 minutes ago, Kylegib said:

Yes because had it not been for our previous manager or current manager doing so well in Europe we'd likely be in administration again, the board are as guilty as any manager for us being where we are now.

Fucking hell, admin again when the board have covered multi millions of losses with share conversions

3 hours ago, RFC55 said:

His car business is not at our expense.

we get you don’t want the manager but fuck me yer like a wee scorned lover.

this board have got us back to a level we need to be, they have faults, they probably can’t take us any further and will need to move on and allow someone who can take us to the next level to do so. These guys stepped up when really they didn’t have to 

rancid as you like to call is was 2011 through to 2016.

Is there anyone who can actually take us forward that are willing to essentially write off huge sums for scottish football

Not a defence of the current board, but given our capacity and exposure we are probably close to maxed out in terms of commercial and ticket income

I know bisgrove gets it tight for all the sponsorship shite he did, but if he can sell two sleeve sponsorships for a quarter mill a season each, thats a 10k a week players wages right there

Unless someone came in and sponsored ibrox for mega millions a year, we probs are lookinh at dribs and drabs in terms of new income

Just now, Jimbeamjunior said:

Is there anyone who can actually take us forward that are willing to essentially write off huge sums for scottish football

Not a defence of the current board, but given our capacity and exposure we are probably close to maxed out in terms of commercial and ticket income

I know bisgrove gets it tight for all the sponsorship shite he did, but if he can sell two sleeve sponsorships for a quarter mill a season each, thats a 10k a week players wages right there

Unless someone came in and sponsored ibrox for mega millions a year, we probs are lookinh at dribs and drabs in terms of new income

Genuinely my thoughts too.

The board are genuinely doing what they can while we are hamstrung by where we are based.

We grew up in an era where Rangers being a massive club, with huge numbers coming through the gates meant we could compete at a decent level.

World football has moved on. Distorted by the mega money on offer in other leagues.

Having 50k through the gates these days allows you to get mostly cheap gambles and championship level journeymen, where as Brighton and the likes could drop £30m on a player if they wanted.

The board can't be expected to take us back to any form of glory day unless there is a massive shakeup to football through some form of financially doped up superleague.

I would be seriously worried if this US group shows a serious interest in us, as I don't see what is in it for them. Only way it would make sense is for them to cut us to the bone and syphon off revenue.

There is no real money to be made from us whilst making us a real challenger.

We need people in charge who are primarily concerned with success on the field and profit comes second.

This board give us that.

Go with someone else and there will be absolutely no ambition to make us topple Celtic. It will purely be about return on investment. If that means coming a distant second each year, they will do that.

Sure GVB has been a flop this season and some of our signings have been poor value for money so far. This US lot take us over and I can't help but feel we will be more targeting the Lee Hodgson instead of Ridvan Yilmaz type market.

4 hours ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

And people wanted us to spend millions in the summer lol

You’ve provably already been told this, but I can’t be bothered going through 7 pages of the thread this doesn’t include aribo and bassey sales, nor does it include CL money. 

2 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Genuinely my thoughts too.

The board are genuinely doing what they can while we are hamstrung by where we are based.

We grew up in an era where Rangers being a massive club, with huge numbers coming through the gates meant we could compete at a decent level.

World football has moved on. Distorted by the mega money on offer in other leagues.

Having 50k through the gates these days allows you to get mostly cheap gambles and championship level journeymen, where as Brighton and the likes could drop £30m on a player if they wanted.

The board can't be expected to take us back to any form of glory day unless there is a massive shakeup to football through some form of financially doped up superleague.

I would be seriously worried if this US group shows a serious interest in us, as I don't see what is in it for them. Only way it would make sense is for them to cut us to the bone and syphon off revenue.

There is no real money to be made from us whilst making us a real challenger.

We need people in charge who are primarily concerned with success on the field and profit comes second.

This board give us that.

Go with someone else and there will be absolutely no ambition to make us topple Celtic. It will purely be about return on investment. If that means coming a distant second each year, they will do that.

Sure GVB has been a flop this season and some of our signings have been poor value for money so far. This US lot take us over and I can't help but feel we will be more targeting the Lee Hodgson instead of Ridvan Yilmaz type market.

I think the US investors etc would still target decent signings etc, but make no mistake they'd have absolutely no care for the club, ibrox renamed in a fucking heartbeat if it allowed them to pump in more money to boost their profile, get better players and a bigger return on their investment

But aye currently we are stuck, even stadium wise, ibrox is fucking tremendous, but its holding us back financially 

4 hours ago, STEPPS BOY said:

14.3 million paid back in loans is eyewatering tbh.

A significant chunk spent on Capital expenditure (£10 million) with another £9 million set aside for more.

I thought these loans were going to be exchanged for shares. 

2 minutes ago, GOAT said:

You’ve provably already been told this, but I can’t be bothered going through 7 pages of the thread this doesn’t include aribo and bassey sales, nor does it include CL money. 

And? Do we not have expenses this season, wages were 55mill last season since then we have sold two likely lower wage players, reduced (hopefully) 3 first team players wages, while signing 7 additions to the wages that will probably cost us in the region of 5mill a season extra at the top end

And? Do we not have expenses this season, wages were 55mill last season since then we have sold two likely lower wage players, reduced (hopefully) 3 first team players wages, while signing 7 additions to the wages that will probably cost us in the region of 5mill a season extra at the top end

And?  Well for starters we’ve already made more money from our CL run than we would have for our entire run to the EL final last season.  So aye we should have spent fucking money and it’s madness we didn’t.  It’s cost us big time.  In the league and in Europe. 

2 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Aribo was on a reported £20,000 a week. He wasn’t a lower wage player.

Just think, see in the same period we made record revenue figures for rangers.  Reached a European final.  Celtic still made more money than us and managed to spend £40m on players in that spell. 

let that sink in.

1 minute ago, GOAT said:

And?  Well for starters we’ve already made more money from our CL run than we would have for our entire run to the EL final last season.  So aye we should have spent fucking money and it’s madness we didn’t.  It’s cost us big time.  In the league and in Europe. 

But we did spend money, and not only is our wage bill bloated, but so is the first team squad, we need rid of a good chunk of them first before we start bringing in high wage players

But we did spend money, and not only is our wage bill bloated, but so is the first team squad, we need rid of a good chunk of them first before we start bringing in high wage players

We spent fuck all in the grand scheme of things made the CL and didn’t spend a fucking penny off it.  Anyone defending that can give me peace as far as I’m concerned it was a disgrace.  

1 minute ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

Aribo was on a reported £20,000 a week. He wasn’t a lower wage player.

Davies will take easily that maybe more, and given aribo was on his first deal with us, 20k seems far too high given where we got him from and his profile at the time

Bassey will have been 10k max, probs less, Lawrence will have that and more, then colak, tillman, Matondo, yilmaz, souttar will be on at least 10k a week, probs close to 15 given he's an international player

I think the US investors etc would still target decent signings etc, but make no mistake they'd have absolutely no care for the club, ibrox renamed in a fucking heartbeat if it allowed them to pump in more money to boost their profile, get better players and a bigger return on their investment

But aye currently we are stuck, even stadium wise, ibrox is fucking tremendous, but its holding us back financially 

Hope you are right, but I don't see it.

Most of these types come in, buy the club with an eye watering loan taken out against the club, putting our debt through the roof. They then cut costs to the fucking bone giving us a wage bill which is purely at the level of our gaurunteed income. I.e. season ticket income and TV rights etc.

Any money from things like Euro participation is taken right back out as profit for them, where they have not spent a fucking penny as the club effectively paid for them to takeover.

We would be where we are now, with a fraction of the current wage bill.

They never want to risk gaurunteed income and have a gamble to start making big money through spending vast amounts and hoping for CL money. They will always take the easy money and use this to do their next scheme with some other business.

The current board offer us the safety of knowing that whatever we bring in will either go straight back into the club or go back to paying off money they actually put in themselves.

After these last few years, I'll always pick guys to run is who have our interests at heart, not the drive to make money for themselves as the primary reason.