Annual accounts are out

RFC55

Little to no return on a record wage bill across the whole club is honestly incredible. £55m in wages, probably a third at least either highly incompetent in their roles across the club, not good enough to play for us or injured. 

How nobody has been sacked for any of these things is mental. 

1 minute ago, esquire8 said:

Bennett still due £10m at 6% interest until 2028 despite us paying him back £6.55m :lol:

People cut him a lot of slack for that car crash interview. It’s what I’d be saying if I took £6.5m out the club and wanted my £10m back with interest. He’s a cunt like the rest of them

46 minutes ago, Colin Traive said:

To be fair, a proper club museum is a must for a club of any standing and, given the visitors who will see it, I don’t want it done on the cheap.

It is not something we’ll be building again for a long time.

That’s great in principle but 13/14 million on a project when team aren’t doing well is a really hard sell.

6 minutes ago, The Specky Liar said:

We didn't have any money last summer coming out of covid 

Which is why our player trading model should've been implemented sooner. We had a number of sellable assets last year that we did nothing about and it has impacted us massively.

3 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

That’s great in principle but 13/14 million on a project when team aren’t doing well is a really hard sell.

Especially when the financial reward for strong league performance is greater than ever.

I understand there will never be an ideal time to spend so much money on stuff that won't lead to improved performance, but this seems the completely wrong time. 

4 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

This is my main issue. It would be great to have paid off all these things if the team wasn't needing a massive overhaul in the summer and we had sellable assets. The fact we have neither right now is a worry for our transfer strategy in the summer.

1 minute ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Not quite sure that’s a stick to beat him with tbh.

The guy is willing to put his money up when required.

He has just given the club a bigger loan with more interest on it than you would get if that money was sitting in a bank during a time when the club is breaking even while paying back other loans. 

Turn it into equity if you really want good from it. Otherwise it's just another money maker for him.

1 minute ago, TheKingObv said:

Especially when the financial reward for strong league performance is greater than ever.

I understand there will never be an ideal time to spend so much money on stuff that won't lead to improved performance, but this seems the completely wrong time. 

It was costed originally at £6 million with part sale of Albion car park to fund half of it.

The albion sale never happened, materials and costs went through roof and we’re now looking at a project that will take around 15 years before we’re in profit from it.

Just now, STEPPS BOY said:

You can’t expect investors to just keep ploughing Millions in and turning it to equity.

I’d also Rather have a loan from a Rangers fan than any bank.

I meant he will earn more by loaning it to the club than he would if was just sitting in a bank. 

5 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

He has just given the club a bigger loan with more interest on it than you would get if that money was sitting in a bank during a time when the club is breaking even while paying back other loans. 

Turn it into equity if you really want good from it. Otherwise it's just another money maker for him.

:lol: 

The player trading model over the last decade is terrible reading, even worse when compared to those horrible cunts.

Overall a decent set of numbers but when we are behind in the league, been mauled in the CL and some poor performances since September it becomes difficult to square off against significant expenditure off pitch.

From the statement as well as Ross Wilson going nowhere, I think things will have to get a lot worse for any decision to be made on GvB future.

9 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

So what if it's a money maker for him? That's literally the point of making an investment 

10 minutes ago, TheKingObv said:

I'm sure it's to do with the Uefa financial fair play.

We could not go out and spend that money on players as it would take our spending above what was allowed and we would be sanctioned.

You are however allowed to spend the money on infrastructure to grow the club, so things like this and stadium upgrades etc.

Spending the money to grow future revenue is actually a good thing to do, but don't know enough about how profitable this EH thing will be.

Understand totally why they went for something like this though.

16 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

I understand that but this is a significant, long term investment, a commitment to which can’t be dependent on the team’s form.

”Hold on a minute Sandy, the team’s just dropped another two points, take that cable reel back to Screwfix…”