Transfers, rumours, wants etc

RoboBearToo

10 minutes ago, OrangeRab said:

Injury thing is a red herring? I don’t think you’re a journalist. I think you’re secretly our club doctor with that pish.

There’s a 1 in 4 chance of sustaining a second ACL injury after primary anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) reconstruction. That’s for players under 25. Higher the older you get. 

There’s also much higher risk of graft rupture and knee related injury. As well as some risk that players never regain full muscle strength and capability

I'm not 100% sure those stats make sense.

If a player has a ACL injury at age 37 why would he be more likely than a player who has one at 21 to have another one.

Surely a guy who plays on for another day 15 years is more likely to have a second ACL than someone who is going to chuck it in a year?

4 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

I'm not 100% sure those stats make sense.

If a player has a ACL injury at age 37 why would he be more likely than a player who has one at 21 to have another one.

Surely a guy who plays on for another day 15 years is more likely to have a second ACL than someone who is going to chuck it in a year?

Sorry should have specified. That’s within 5 years post injury.

He tore his meniscus as well.

Anyways personally I’d stay clear of signing these players. We don’t seem to have the most advanced sports science team in identifying and managing these injuries. We have enough players with recurring knee and ankle injuries as it is.

I’d focus on building a fit and healthy squad for a bit

6 minutes ago, SPWF said:

The inane bickering over inconsequential nonsense in this thread  is tedious as fuck. 

Applies across the whole forum tbh. Full of people who just don’t want to admit that they might be wrong so the arguments become more tedious because people worn back down. :lol:

26 minutes ago, SPWF said:

The inane bickering over inconsequential nonsense in this thread  is tedious as fuck. 

No it isn't 

20 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

Applies across the whole forum tbh. Full of people who just don’t want to admit that they might be wrong so the arguments become more tedious because people worn back down. :lol:

It is not 

1 hour ago, OrangeRab said:

Isn’t that what the last 10 pages of this thread have been. People wanting Nisbet. Then people not wanting Kent

No it’s been about Dude arguing with someone whether or not Morelos has had enough time to get fit by now…after all he returned the 4th week in July (not the middle)

Just now, Big Al 55 said:

No it’s been about Dude arguing with someone whether or not Morelos has had enough time to get fit by now…after all he returned the 4th week in July (not the middle)

Much more fun than that in the last 10 pages. Got @Johnnyem's meltdown and @Laudrupsleftfoot making himself look like a cunt.

2 hours ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Don’t buy this. Both brilliant in that second half via Hibs, Kent very good all game.

Agree with this. Under Gio Kent was our only player the team looked to create something. Everything was on him to do something. Opposition teams seen that and had 3 men on him regularly. He also seemed to be asked to stay wide, which also helped opponents to mark him easily out of a game… I felt his European performances were night and day compared to league games… 

I reckon we’ll see a lot more of Kent now he seems to have more freedom to move around the pitch. And in 6 months most will be gutted if he leaves. 

Morelos needs players closer to him to get the best out of him… again I think he could well have an excellent 6 months out of him with the shape we now want to play. As ever mentality and fitness will be the question mark over him…

If we lose both on frees I’d be gutted and if I could only pick one to stay, it would be Kent but I’d love both to be here next season…

3 hours ago, STEPPS BOY said:

If i was MB i’d be livid if no signings in January.

Let’s no kid ourselves, if tarriers extend lead in league and win the treble, Beale goes into next season under real pressure. A bad start next season in league, like Gio had, and we could be back in same place this time next year.

We could be but the size of the rebuild next summer if done properly I don't see us winning the league. This should've been the season of upheaval bedding in a new team etc instead we are sitting with a team that's done 9pts behind and the upheaval to come next summer. 

Like the summer we won 55 they couldn't possibly expect the following year to win the league unless we give them it that's exactly what happened..

I think that's where we will be come pre season. 

1 minute ago, KingKirk said:

We could be but the size of the rebuild next summer if done properly I don't see us winning the league. This should've been the season of upheaval bedding in a new team etc instead we are sitting with a team that's done 9pts behind and the upheaval to come next summer. 

Like the summer we won 55 they couldn't possibly expect the following year to win the league unless we give them it that's exactly what happened..

More reason to get 2-3 in this window instead of wasting it.

The priority has to be on first 11 players. 

2 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

More reason to get 2-3 in this window instead of wasting it.

The priority has to be on first 11 players. 

Agree I just don't see it happening the manager today says by next international break will be a fair time to judge the squad. Hopefully saying something completely different behind the scenes. 

19 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

It was. We signed seven players, and all of them looked like they were likely to be starters on paper

21 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

Agree I just don't see it happening the manager today says by next international break will be a fair time to judge the squad. Hopefully saying something completely different behind the scenes. 

If we don’t have signings already lined up for January then it just sums up how badly ran we are.

A blind man can see that we need midfielders. If we go with Jack, A half arsed Kamara, Lundstram then we’ll deserve everything we get tbh.

11 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

It was. We signed seven players, and all of them looked like they were likely to be starters on paper

The  spine really remained tho next summer that needs rebuilt. 

Am happy enough with Davies Goldson as the 2 main CBs

The rest including goalkeepers needs refreshed 

Interesting to look at the games we’ve dropped points in this year. A third of the team has been muck/wouldn’t look out of place playing for Livi. Starters then subs in brackets:

Hibs: Matondo, Sands, Mclaughlin, (Davis, Arfield, King)

celtic: Davis, Sands, McLaughlin, (wright, Sakala, Arfield)

Livingston: King, McGregor, Davis, Arfield (Matondo, Sands, Sakala)

St Johnstone: King, Sands, McGregor, Sakala (Matondo, Wright, Arfield)

St Mirren: Sands, King, McGregor, Wright (Ure, Arfield)

I don’t remember many of the 55 games starting 4 players who were really off it. When we beat celtic everyone was starting 11 quality. 

I think the old guard Kent, kamara, Morelos, tav, Goldson etc are good enough if Beale can get them fit and motivated. It’s the dross around them that needs improving.

Then he can focus his 15million or whatever he gets on a keeper, a right forward and a CM. Get a Scottish CB back up on a free and move on Davis, McGregor and a few of the other filler. Think that’s a good enough team to win the league. 

If he goes and gets rid of Kent, Morelos, tav, kamara etc. that’s a massive ask because then he needs 6-7 starters.

26 minutes ago, NorthernLights said:

I do understand the people who don’t think Morelos or Kent are worth £30k+ a week. If we let them leave then we will probably have to pay decent transfer fees to replace them, though, so £30k and no transfer fees isn’t the end of the world in my opinion. 

:lol: We don’t even get value for money out of Kent at his current wage never mind thirty grand a week.