Kemar Roofe

Loyal72

4 minutes ago, Number5 said:

Without googling the stats etc I'll have to believe you. 

However, as said, a leeds Uitd fan told me,,after we signed Roofe, what he thought of him.

He may have played 30+ games but he wasnt the same player for 25/50% of those games due to the injuries and the recovery to get back to the levels he could be at.

It rang true when he came here.

My point is, there is 99% chance we get a max of 15/20 good games out of Roofe between now and when his 25k a week contract ends.

When folk say " You cannae guarantee this will happen".

A bit like saying if Maya Jama walks around a club looking for a ride you cannae guarantee she'll get one!?

He wasn't regularly injured. I'm not sure what it is you don't understand about that. He missed 2 isolated games in his first season. A run of 6 near the end of the second, when he came back he scored 2 and assisted 1 in the last 6 games. In his final season he missed 6 near the start of the season, 7 near the end, which was his best season goals wise. Nothing about that says he's injury prone or takes time to recover.

I'll take that "injury prone" record for any player. It's fairly run of the mill as far injuries go.

18 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

Money wise? Of course cash is good, king infact - let’s his wife get some fancy earrings and a pearl necklace whilst he’s away   Kids can follow his antics on instagram   Great for his family all that lolly

BUT

I said perhaps his family should have moved earlier which may have helped his recovery, mentally and physically 

Unless his wife is a world class sports scientist I can't see her helping him recover from injury faster. 

21 minutes ago, Roy Hobbs said:

He wasn't regularly injured. I'm not sure what it is you don't understand about that. He missed 2 isolated games in his first season. A run of 6 near the end of the second, when he came back he scored 2 and assisted 1 in the last 6 games. In his final season he missed 6 near the start of the season, 7 near the end, which was his best season goals wise. Nothing about that says he's injury prone or takes time to recover.

I'll take that "injury prone" record for any player. It's fairly run of the mill as far injuries go.

I'm going off nothing other than a Leeds Utd season ticket holder and a good footballing man who told me that he saw decline.

Whatever the figures are stated on Wiki etc, the boy told me he wasnt the same player after the knocks he took. 

Whatever you go on to tell me about stats etc, he was proven right (maybe by chance) that his career has been blighted by injuries otherwise he'd be playing top flight and not in the Championship in England, the Belgium league and now the SPL.

23 minutes ago, Colin Traive said:

To be fair to Roofe, it can’t always be easy finding a new home for your family close to an A&E Department.

Theres a campervan for sale in scotland was a hundred grand but you'll probs get it for around 60k now in the police auction 

He could use that 

53 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

And roofe has only JUST got an operation that apparently he's needed for years to finally clear up his injuries 

Fuck she been doing for years with him lol

Washing his pants and socks and sending him on his way while she spends his cash on looking flash and striving your attention 

4 hours ago, Number5 said:

I'm going off nothing other than a Leeds Utd season ticket holder and a good footballing man who told me that he saw decline.

Whatever the figures are stated on Wiki etc, the boy told me he wasnt the same player after the knocks he took. 

Whatever you go on to tell me about stats etc, he was proven right (maybe by chance) that his career has been blighted by injuries otherwise he'd be playing top flight and not in the Championship in England, the Belgium league and now the SPL.

I used to speak to Leeds fans every single day for years in my job, my dispatch team was based down there.  Every one of them told me he would be a fantastic signing and no idea how lucky we are to get him.  Granted a bit injury prone towards the end of his time at Leeds, but he would tear it up, up here.

42 minutes ago, GOAT said:

I used to speak to Leeds fans every single day for years in my job, my dispatch team was based down there.  Every one of them told me he would be a fantastic signing and no idea how lucky we are to get him.  Granted a bit injury prone towards the end of his time at Leeds, but he would tear it up, up here.

My mate got it spot on. Told me he was a level above Leeds in the Championship but his injuries would cost him a career at the very top. 

Dont know what inside info he had on Roofe if his injury record wasnt bad at Leeds but he told me pretty much exactly what we're seeing before our very eyes today.

What we even talking about now?

How much a waste of talent/wage he is.

Has he gave us value for money at £25k a week? Will he give us anything?

Just another absolute carnage of a  signing?

Frustrating as fuck. Some player and the few times this season he has came back from injury he has got goals straight away.

To be brutal but he's a luxury we can't afford and we all know he will not be able to play 6 month straight. Need to get rid if possible. And I don't like it cos I rate the guy. 

11 hours ago, Roy Hobbs said:

He averaged 37 games a season in the championship.

They stats don't tell the truth, he started 28 out of a possible 46 in his 1st season with Leeds coming off the bench 14 times averaging 59 mins per game. 

2nd season he started 27 games of a possible 46 coming off the bench 9 times averaging 67 mins per game. 

3rd season he started 27 games of a possible 46 coming off the bench 5 times averaging 76 mins per game. 

The stats do show a reduced amount of availability for whatever reason which maybe backs up what @Number5 is saying. 

1 hour ago, Ross-Gazza genius said:

They stats don't tell the truth, he started 28 out of a possible 46 in his 1st season with Leeds coming off the bench 14 times averaging 59 mins per game. 

2nd season he started 27 games of a possible 46 coming off the bench 9 times averaging 67 mins per game. 

3rd season he started 27 games of a possible 46 coming off the bench 5 times averaging 76 mins per game. 

The stats do show a reduced amount of availability for whatever reason which maybe backs up what @Number5 is saying. 

The first season he'd just came from league 2 into the championship. It's really not odd that he wasn't a regular starter. He still played in 42 games, so he's not injured. 

The stats do not show reduced availablity. That's just daft.

4 hours ago, Roy Hobbs said:

The first season he'd just came from league 2 into the championship. It's really not odd that he wasn't a regular starter. He still played in 42 games, so he's not injured. 

The stats do not show reduced availablity. That's just daft.

Eh the stats do show reduced availability, 1st season he was involved in 42 games, then 36 and then 32. He may also have been on the bench due to niggles.

Tbh I can't believe you are arguing over a Leeds fan saying he was injury prone for him to come to us and be injury prone. 

51 minutes ago, Ross-Gazza genius said:

Eh the stats do show reduced availability, 1st season he was involved in 42 games, then 36 and then 32. He may also have been on the bench due to niggles.

Tbh I can't believe you are arguing over a Leeds fan saying he was injury prone for him to come to us and be injury prone. 

Because he wasn't injury prone. He had some minor injuries over his 3 years there. I posted all that earlier. No different to most players. If 32 league games minimum is injury prone, I'll take it for any player.

I read your post as him only playing reduced minutes in his first season, was what you meant by reduced availability.