Kemar Roofe

Loyal72

1 minute ago, Darth Bear said:

You seem to be failing to understand that you are not saving a single penny with your scenario.

No i do, what I'm trying to say is that while ww have a bigger income this season, it might be better using that to clear the deadwood so beale can actually start a rebuild, 

Our first team squad is huge, but half of it is pointless, our wage bill is extremely high for what we are getting in return, so even if we have cash spare for a transfer, the squad space and wage space is most likely not there, 

Yeah paying him off is a big chunk, but it frees up space in the squad and a weekly wage that can go towards a signing for beale, 

1 minute ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

No i do, what I'm trying to say is that while ww have a bigger income this season, it might be better using that to clear the deadwood so beale can actually start a rebuild, 

Our first team squad is huge, but half of it is pointless, our wage bill is extremely high for what we are getting in return, so even if we have cash spare for a transfer, the squad space and wage space is most likely not there, 

Yeah paying him off is a big chunk, but it frees up space in the squad and a weekly wage that can go towards a signing for beale, 

It makes absolutely no difference whatsoever.

1 minute ago, Darth Bear said:

It makes absolutely no difference whatsoever.

Of course it does, our first team squad is about 30 players the now, we cant keep adding to it without getting rid

Roofe, souttar, helander, 3 players who have contributed absolutely nothing bar roofes goal at the weekend there this season, we're nearly into February and 3 players on probably a combined 50 grand a week have gave us one goal and fuck all else this season

Just now, Jimbeamjunior said:

Of course it does, our first team squad is about 30 players the now, we cant keep adding to it without getting rid

Roofe, souttar, helander, 3 players who have contributed absolutely nothing bar roofes goal at the weekend there this season, we're nearly into February and 3 players on probably a combined 50 grand a week have gave us one goal and fuck all else this season

It still doesn't give us more money. All the rest of that means fuck all.

If we pay off Roofe for £2m and then bring in a new player on the same £25k per week it will cost us £4m over the next 18 months.

If we keep Roofe and bring in a player on £25k per week it will cost us £4m over the next 18 months.

Wages and Transfers come out of the same finances, they're not separate things.

Anyway this conversation has went on too long and it's going nowhere.

On 15/01/2023 at 18:39, McEwan's Lager said:

Type of injury, like an ankle roll, you can get if you haven’t been playing for a while. Mainly because your body hasn’t been regularly taking knocks, falling over, usual football rough and tumble.

Shite luck for him but it’s a symptom of hardly kicking a ball for a year. 

:tu:

Right on the money.

🇬🇧

Just now, Bobby Hume said:

:tu:

Right on the money.

🇬🇧

I remember a couple of years ago Nicky Butt claiming that at the Man Utd academy they had an increase of broken arms and things like that and it had been put down to kids no longer climbing trees and playing like previous generations did when they were younger as you get used to falling over and not putting your arms in certain ways.

Just now, McEwan's Lager said:

Rotator cuff or ligament damage possibly?

I was thinking ligament damage too - depending on how bad it is he could either be back in 3-4 weeks or that could be his season over

4 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

I was thinking ligament damage too - depending on how bad it is he could either be back in 3-4 weeks or that could be his season over

3 minutes ago, Ayrshire Blue said:

FFS - that’ll be months 😡

Aye if it's not broken, it's not dislocated, and it's more than a bruise, then tendon or ligament damage are the only things I can think of? 

Been about 18 years since I did any anatomy / sports injury lessons though :lol: 

Fuck I'm getting old :lol: 

3 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

What is really annoying about this one is normally Roofe takes a while to get up to speed after injury but this time he looked to have come back really sharp and firing.

that may have been his last act as a Rangers player on sunday 

4 minutes ago, RFC55 said:

that may have been his last act as a Rangers player on sunday 

Bit too early for that is it not? Still got another year left on his deal.

It could just be really heavy bruising and an MRI clears that up? If that's the case then he's back in a few weeks. Worst case scenario we see him in May or next season?

2 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Bit too early for that is it not? Still got another year left on his deal.

It could just be really heavy bruising and an MRI clears that up? If that's the case then he's back in a few weeks. Worst case scenario we see him in May or next season?

if it’s a serious injury, i can’t see him being here by the summer tbh he’s a good player but will be another huge chunk of time missed, can see him heading back down the road this summer