Kemar Roofe

Loyal72

5 minutes ago, Amokachi said:

Waste of time to hardly worthwhile ? 

A goal every few months or something isn't reliable or sustainable.

We need players fit and contributing week in week out with goals.

We have one fit striker right now. It's laughable and a football club of the size we are, shouldn't be in that position.

Roofe is a hindrance.

1 hour ago, graeme_4 said:

It’s shame, because he’s our best striker by a million miles, just can’t stay fit. Movement, finishing and linking the play are all first class. 

I’d guess we might need to go down the loan route if Colak is out for a while too. 

Best forward but not our best striker and there’s a distinct difference. 

Kemar is a great player as one of the 10s in a Beale/Gerrard system, but he lacks the physicality or the hold up play to play in the Morelos role.

We really need to replace Alfie as even he struggles these days, but that big battering ram of a forward who holds up the ball and causes chaos in the box is what we miss. Players like Roofe are built around that, but aren’t the piece of the puzzle we need the most right now…

1 hour ago, plymouthranger said:

Best forward but not our best striker and there’s a distinct difference. 

Kemar is a great player as one of the 10s in a Beale/Gerrard system, but he lacks the physicality or the hold up play to play in the Morelos role.

We really need to replace Alfie as even he struggles these days, but that big battering ram of a forward who holds up the ball and causes chaos in the box is what we miss. Players like Roofe are built around that, but aren’t the piece of the puzzle we need the most right now…

I don’t know, I think he’s quite good up top on his own. Think of the OF semi last year. Can do both roles pretty well IMO.

Needing to replace Morleos is really difficult as there’s not many that play the way he used to. Probably needs a tweak to the system rather than a direct replacement. 

1 minute ago, esquire8 said:

"Kemar has decided that....."

Guy is mentally crocked. 

Keep him injury free until June then offer to clubs for free. Complete fraud.

That headline is very deceiving.

The actual quotes are around the fact that it could need surgery but he's decided not to have surgery so that he can be back earlier.

4 minutes ago, Somemightsay7 said:

That headline is very deceiving.

The actual quotes are around the fact that it could need surgery but he's decided not to have surgery so that he can be back earlier.

Why's he doing things like that? I know his body's fucked as it is, but surely something that needs surgery, should get surgery?

Not trying to come back and play through it.

3 hours ago, esquire8 said:

"Kemar has decided that....."

Guy is mentally crocked. 

Keep him injury free until June then offer to clubs for free. Complete fraud.

I said the same on the match thread. Guy is physically and mentally weak. Can you imagine players of the past like Souness deciding theyd take 4 weeks off with a wee bruised arm