Edmiston House finally opening its doors

esquire8

In at the shop/ cafe during the week later afternoon. Virtually empty. Don't know how that compares to other teams fan zone buildings during the non football days but hard to imagine it's making much money at those times. Early days and a rainy afternoon in February I know but hard to see it being sustainable 7 days a week at current opening hours. Maybe when the museum is operational it'll be more of an attractive prospect.

14 hours ago, KingKirk said:

The tickets are £10 for the final I'll be giving it a miss. Basically go behave or you'll be asked to leave information passed to Rangers and you'll be banned  from Ibrox 😮

It's not surprising. There will be journos waiting for people to sing certain songs so they can be filmed and circulated. The press will lap it up and we will have to take a very hard stance on it.

36 minutes ago, maverick1200 said:

It's not surprising. There will be journos waiting for people to sing certain songs so they can be filmed and circulated. The press will lap it up and we will have to take a very hard stance on it.

That will happen regardless. Sadly social media likes are more important than enjoying the moment some wetwipe will be recording 

On 18/02/2023 at 00:45, holdnudgehold said:

In at the shop/ cafe during the week later afternoon. Virtually empty. Don't know how that compares to other teams fan zone buildings during the non football days but hard to imagine it's making much money at those times. Early days and a rainy afternoon in February I know but hard to see it being sustainable 7 days a week at current opening hours. Maybe when the museum is operational it'll be more of an attractive prospect.

How as the food? Do they do square suasage? 

I think it will pick up when people know it is there. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
37 minutes ago, ayro said:

I go to about 10-15 gigs a year, went to Saint Phnx tonight which is a good bit away from my musical taste but wanted to see what NEH was like.

100% bang on, stage was raised, bar was accessible and sound was fine.

Hopefully the venue can grab a few bands to increase the profile and this generates income for the club.

By all accounts people seem to be very happy with the venue. Hopefully it really takes off. Holds about 1200-1300, right? There is probably a gap in the market for those kind of crowds, actually, which will hopefully draw quite a few bands.

28 minutes ago, Nameless Ghoul said:

Small venues always seem to produce the best gigs. Hopefully see a lot more bands signing up but I worry most bands will automatically assume a venue attached to a football team will put off half the potential clientele of Glasgow. 

Resident band - Wet Wet Wet it is then 

8 hours ago, johanhentze said:

By all accounts people seem to be very happy with the venue. Hopefully it really takes off. Holds about 1200-1300, right? There is probably a gap in the market for those kind of crowds, actually, which will hopefully draw quite a few bands.

Yeah holds 1300.

2 hours ago, Nameless Ghoul said:

Small venues always seem to produce the best gigs. Hopefully see a lot more bands signing up but I worry most bands will automatically assume a venue attached to a football team will put off half the potential clientele of Glasgow. 

In my opinion venues over 5000 are usually shit. Barrowlands is a good size. Very difficult to get good sound in venues that are big (10-20.000). Especially if the music is fast(er). Slow works better.

1 hour ago, KingKirk said:

Will the Manchester City v Liverpool or bayern dortmund game be on in NEH today 

I understand it's only games after ours that get shown because of the fanzone stuff on the stage. So Chelsea v Aston Villa later.

I'm in the fanzone now. First time, looks and sounds good.