Edmiston House finally opening its doors

esquire8

34 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

Most bands will play venues with capacities between 1200 and 2000 people if they’re below arena level and touring quite regularly. 

1300 is a decent crowd at a gig. Doesn’t sound much in football terms but gigging terms it looks good and it’s a decent crowd. End of the day all people going to gigs care about is sound, accessibility and is there a bar. No cunt Google’s who owns the venue :lol:

Its two Rangers supporting acts opening it so they probably thought it was quite fitting in that sense. They probably could have asked Amy MacDonald aswell tbf 

The same Amy Macdonald that sold out the Hydro less than a year ago? Aye ok 

4 minutes ago, SPWF said:

I do think it’s a vanity project for the board, and Specky Robertson in particular, for sure. But I did also say I still think it’ll do well. 

It's definitely something that's been missing from the Ibrox experience. I suspect most people that see it as a vanity thing do so because they don't like this Board, but I think it's probably harsh.

It's a positive addition that a club like ours should have had a long time ago.

1 minute ago, Inigo said:

It's definitely something that's been missing from the Ibrox experience. I suspect most people that see it as a vanity thing do so because they don't like this Board, but I think it's probably harsh.

Its definitely something we should have had years ago, and the museum will be cracking when its opened. I dont think it's a vanity project but we are kidding ourselves if we think big name artists will do shows there 

13 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Had one at the St Johnstone game, fuck knows what’s happened to them. They used to have a nice wee relish, bit of lettuce and tomato.

Absolutely horrendous. Wife was going to kick me out the house after my farts were that bad. 

Is this in the stadium or the vans outside?

6 minutes ago, Inigo said:

Before my time too but a lot of older Bears speak fondly of the old Ed House and how well it was used. Probably a few people having the new one on a downer can't remember that or never experienced it - I mean it has been nearly 20-30 odd years since it existed as a venue?

7 minutes ago, Inigo said:

I feel both ways tbh. It’s definitely someone a club our size should have, so I’m pleased. But it’s definitely diverted funds away from the playing squad, and we still don’t have the money to finish it :lol:

4 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Before my time too but a lot of older Bears speak fondly of the old Ed House and how well it was used. Probably a few people having the new one on a downer can't remember that or never experienced it - I mean it has been nearly 20-30 odd years since it existed as a venue?

Was only in it a couple of times when I was young, but barely remember it. 

Parents speak of it as something that was a good facility to have. In general seems like a good thing for fans to be able to have a broader interaction with the club. Will make the whole matchday experience better, I think 

3 minutes ago, SPWF said:

I feel both ways tbh. It’s definitely someone a club our size should have, so I’m pleased. But it’s definitely diverted funds away from the playing squad, and we still don’t have the money to finish it :lol:

That's true, but if we look at it that way these things will probably never get built. A club like ours is never going to be all that flush.

11 minutes ago, Madina said:

Its definitely something we should have had years ago, and the museum will be cracking when its opened. I dont think it's a vanity project but we are kidding ourselves if we think big name artists will do shows there 

Think we might be surprised tbh. The MD of EH has a pretty impressive CV. Hopefully puts his contacts and experience to decent use.

Decent start with those two bands tbh.

Just now, Inigo said:

Think we might be surprised tbh. The MD of EH has a pretty impressive CV. Hopefully puts his contacts and experience to decent use.

Decent start with those two bands tbh.

I hope I'm wrong. I just think some bands may steer clear or it to avoid any OF bias. Would I want to go see a band at a celtic venue and give that club money? Hell no, but maybe I'm just bitter. I reckon many bands/singers would chose another venue to prevent any earache from the taigs 

2 minutes ago, Madina said:

I hope I'm wrong. I just think some bands may steer clear or it to avoid any OF bias. Would I want to go see a band at a celtic venue and give that club money? Hell no, but maybe I'm just bitter. I reckon many bands/singers would chose another venue to prevent any earache from the taigs 

It's like Harry Styles, though. Alot of people care more about seeing certain bands than about the Rangers-celtic issue. Good bands would sell out regardless.

There's not that many good venues of that size in Glasgow, so I think it has a chance.

1 hour ago, .Williamson. said:

Not necessarily true though is it? If a venue is a decent size and has a decent sound there is absolutely no reason why mid level bands wouldn’t play there. 

You’re being negative for the sake of it 

I think the one big thing you're forgetting is that by playing here you will be effectively decreasing your potential audience by almost half. celtic fans aren't going to go there, so why would they choose EH over a similar (or larger) sized venue elsewhere?

They'd be choosing to make less money for no real upside. 

I can't see it being a huge venue for music. I think 90% of it will be Rangers related events.

10 minutes ago, Inigo said:

Was only in it a couple of times when I was young, but barely remember it. 

Parents speak of it as something that was a good facility to have. In general seems like a good thing for fans to be able to have a broader interaction with the club. Will make the whole matchday experience better, I think 

Aye the only time I ever got near it was picking up tickets with my Dad when they had ticket pick up in there.

1 minute ago, Somemightsay7 said:

I think the one big thing you're forgetting is that by playing here you will be effectively decreasing your potential audience by almost half. celtic fans aren't going to go there, so why would they choose EH over a similar (or larger) sized venue elsewhere?

I can't see it being a huge venue for music. I think 90% of it will be Rangers related events.

The average fan of music whatever it is will be wanting to go see the act that's performing, they'll not be worrying about putting money into Rangers ffs, yes there might be the odd stinking tarrier not going for said reason but half?

If it's a music success or not it'll be down to the venue and nothing to do with the club imo.

2 minutes ago, Inigo said:

It's like Harry Styles, though. Alot of people care more about seeing certain bands than about the Rangers-celtic issue. Good bands would sell out regardless.

There's not that many good venues of that size in Glasgow, so I think it has a chance.

But isn't Harry Styles the perfect example, stadium events are always at Hampden for this exact reason, OF stadiums almost never have them, hence why there's not been one at Ibrox in 15+ years and I don't think there's any planned in the future. I think Styles was able to do it as he's huge but also his audience is mainly young girls. I'd imagine 80% of bands aren't easily selling out venues and can't afford to limit their audience, especially bands that are more male focused.

I hope I'm wrong but just can't see it. I wouldn't go to see a band if celtic had an event space and I'm sure most people here would be the same.

14 minutes ago, Inigo said:

I think with Harry Styles, his fan base is predominately young girls so they tend not to be as tribal about football as older folk are. I hope EH can attract good artists. It's in a great location in regards to parking/subway

28 minutes ago, Somemightsay7 said:

The barras is slap bang in the middle of a republican shitehole but doesnt stop anycunt playing there 

6 minutes ago, ger4life_1872 said:

The barras is slap bang in the middle of a republican shitehole but doesnt stop anycunt playing there 

It may be a taig haven in that area but as far as I'm aware the Barrowlands dont give bar takings, their stage fee etc to celtic. I may be wrong 

1 hour ago, Somemightsay7 said:

You realise the world isn’t just Rangers and Celtic? Like if a band appears that I want to see I couldn’t care less the area or town the venue is in as long as the sound and accessibility is good.

Ive been to countless gigs in and around the Republic of Ireland and the fact there’s probably very few Rangers fans in the crowd with me has literally zero bearing. I would go to a gig beside their shite hole if a venue opened and a band I wanted to see played it

9 minutes ago, Somemightsay7 said:

But isn't Harry Styles the perfect example, stadium events are always at Hampden for this exact reason, OF stadiums almost never have them, hence why there's not been one at Ibrox in 15+ years and I don't think there's any planned in the future. I think Styles was able to do it as he's huge but also his audience is mainly young girls. I'd imagine 80% of bands aren't easily selling out venues and can't afford to limit their audience, especially bands that are more male focused.

I hope I'm wrong but just can't see it. I wouldn't go to see a band if celtic had an event space and I'm sure most people here would be the same.

Sure, but those girls have parents that pay for it, so I'd suspect from the ages of alot them.

I suspect Hampden has been used first and foremost because we haven't been actively seeking the use of Ibrox as a venue recently, although, yeah, some bands may choose it to be seen as non-partizan. Don't think all bands would care, though

I'm sure some people would avoid either ground for partizan reasons, but I suspect for most if it was something they had to do to see a band, they'd do it. Same if folk need a car, they'd generally go for the cheapest, even if that's Dougie Park's business.

If I had to go to CP to see a band I really wanted to see, I'd go if that's the only place I could see them locally, and I think most would.  

Like I say, I think it might do alright.

3 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

You realise the world isn’t just Rangers and celtic? Like if a band appears that I want to see I couldn’t care less the area or town the venue is in as long as the sound and accessibility is good.

Ive been to countless gigs in and around the Republic of Ireland and the fact there’s probably very few Rangers fans in the crowd with me it has literally zero bearing. I would go to a gig beside their shite hole if a venue opened and a band I wanted to see played it 

Surely you see a difference between going to a gig in Ireland vs going to a gig at a celtic themed venue owned by celtic next to celtic park?

1 minute ago, Somemightsay7 said:

Surely you see a difference between going to a gig in Ireland vs going to a gig at a celtic themed venue owned by celtic?

You might wish it was elsewhere, but most people that like music would do it no bother, in my experience.

3 minutes ago, Somemightsay7 said:

Surely you see a difference between going to a gig in Ireland vs going to a gig at a celtic themed venue owned by celtic next to celtic park?

You seem to think this venue will only be visited by Rangers fans. There’s a large majority of gig goers that couldn’t care less about football mate. Like on this forum alone there’s only about 10 of us that seem to regularly attend gigs.

If they built a venue I would probably just go to a different date in the UK that the artist played, but the largest chunk of people wouldn’t give a fuck about the footballing aspect 

Do you think the bands are going to say things like thank you Rangers? :lol: