Perspective

1 hour ago, Bobby Hume said:

In the words of an out and out winner .... Graeme Souness himself .... "Show me a good loser and I'll show you a loser".

There is not a thing we can say or do to ease the pain of losing a game .... especially to that mob .... but we are entitled to express our disappointment in any way we feel online.

What worries me the most is the ratio of trophies to years that we are constantly letting slip through our fingers.

The Manager and the board need to seriously wake the fuck up and end this pathetic run of events.

Only first is good enough.

🇬🇧

That was our mentality for many years unfortunately we're now being conditioned to think due to them having better finances that 2nd will be good enough. I think the board, manager and players are about to find out that 2nd will never be acceptable for us.

I think the anti beale reaction has been ott, people talking about him leaving already etc saying he's not ready. It suggests they've had that opinion brewing and waited till we finally lost. 

We have lost many finals before, with successful manager, unfortunately you can't win every game. celtic are a good team with a manager who's tactics have thus far been unstoppable in our domestic football really. They are riding tye crest of a wave though and it's very possible they won't have so many points this time next year, which helps that's undeniable.

In terms of bottling it, I don't really think he did, I can just about after hearing his explanation understand his team, I accept the lack of subs at half time was mental.

One things for sure this negative reaction will be multiplied hugely if we don't retain the Scottish cup and beat celtic at least one time. I'm not convinced he wouldn't deserve next season if we didn't but he will be a dead man walking and it will be like start of this season where if it goes wrong early the fans revolt. Not a good place for a manager trusted with a squad overall to be.

On a personal level, he needs to shut down his pressers and stop with the constant comments every 3 days. Of course he needs to stop his players doing it too. Arguments with nobodies in the media, and wee boys with a banner is unhelpful, do your talking on the pitch with wins and trophies.

On 27/02/2023 at 14:05, mitre_mouldmaster said:

We lost one game.

It was 2-1, a pretty even game with us coming within the width of a post of equalising and various other chances.

Its was a hard fought game that could have went either way.

It was the first loss of Beale's tenure.

He has spent fuck all so far to bring in Raskin and Cantwell, meanwhile across the city, they have spent about £50m on players under their manger.

People need to calm it with the doom and gloom, with ridiculous claims like people wanting Beale removed etc.

Losing always hurts, especially with that lot, but holy fuck, calm down with the hysteria. 

Sorry but this is absolute nonsense. All that's missing is "remember where we came from". 

The Perspective is that Beale was the brains behind Gerrard's tactics and look at how much we won during that time. Beale is now in the big chair, do we expect anything different in the way of tactics to come from the same man?

On 27/02/2023 at 17:15, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Not got time to read the rest of the thread at the minute but agree with Mitre’s first post.

That said, the defeat is seismic in terms of momentum and the whole club will be an utter cesspit if the gap gets bigger and we don’t win the SC. 

Personally want celtic in the final though - fuck the shitebags who are praying Hearts or someone else knock them out (though obviously no sleep lost if they do).

:lol::lol::lol:

6 hours ago, MacBoyd said:

I think the anti beale reaction has been ott, people talking about him leaving already etc saying he's not ready. It suggests they've had that opinion brewing and waited till we finally lost. 

We have lost many finals before, with successful manager, unfortunately you can't win every game. celtic are a good team with a manager who's tactics have thus far been unstoppable in our domestic football really. They are riding tye crest of a wave though and it's very possible they won't have so many points this time next year, which helps that's undeniable.

In terms of bottling it, I don't really think he did, I can just about after hearing his explanation understand his team, I accept the lack of subs at half time was mental.

One things for sure this negative reaction will be multiplied hugely if we don't retain the Scottish cup and beat celtic at least one time. I'm not convinced he wouldn't deserve next season if we didn't but he will be a dead man walking and it will be like start of this season where if it goes wrong early the fans revolt. Not a good place for a manager trusted with a squad overall to be.

On a personal level, he needs to shut down his pressers and stop with the constant comments every 3 days. Of course he needs to stop his players doing it too. Arguments with nobodies in the media, and wee boys with a banner is unhelpful, do your talking on the pitch with wins and trophies.

I haven’t seen anything anti Beale but just some clear warning signs . His big test have been the two Celtic games and he has failed both down to his own tactics subs and line ups . The memory of Warburton , Pedro , Murty and even Gerrard to an extent still lingers. Great sound bites in press conferences but not producing on the pitch. Fans are right to be on edge after all these projects . If Beale turns out to be another failed one then the board should be forced out the door 

On 27/02/2023 at 14:05, mitre_mouldmaster said:

We lost one game.

It was 2-1, a pretty even game with us coming within the width of a post of equalising and various other chances.

Its was a hard fought game that could have went either way.

It was the first loss of Beale's tenure.

He has spent fuck all so far to bring in Raskin and Cantwell, meanwhile across the city, they have spent about £50m on players under their manger.

People need to calm it with the doom and gloom, with ridiculous claims like people wanting Beale removed etc.

Losing always hurts, especially with that lot, but holy fuck, calm down with the hysteria. 

The game was decided when he picked the team. It wasn’t going either way at all.

2 minutes ago, GersInCanada said:

Beale inherited this mess and he has to be given time to sort it out. I reckon that a year and 2 more windows is about right. We should know by then whether or not he is the man for the job.

1 defeat so far tells me he will do ok, but we really need to be winning the Scottish Cup. Trophies are our bread and butter and we need to get winning consistently. 

4 minutes ago, GersInCanada said:

Beale inherited this mess and he has to be given time to sort it out. I reckon that a year and 2 more windows is about right. We should know by then whether or not he is the man for the job.

:lol: 2 more windows? GVB never even got that and he got us a European final, Champions League and a Scottish Cup.

1 minute ago, ForeverAndEver said:

:lol: 2 more windows? GVB never even got that and he got us a European final, Champions League and a Scottish Cup.

See when you see that written down like that, it's nuts. You would say thats a decent enough first season but wasn't enough. 

6 minutes ago, GersInCanada said:

The fans won't allow 2 more windows and understandbly so. Celtic were an absolute mess at the beginning of last year and look how that turned out.

6 minutes ago, GersInCanada said:

Time is not something he'll get unfortunately especially with celtic chasing down our trophy record. I'm not in any way against Beale I just think he needs to toughen up to be our manager especially if he wants to be a successful Rangers manager. 

6 minutes ago, The Specky Liar said:

He did lose two titles in the space of a year though.

Of course, but we could realistically finish 15+ points behind, lose the Scottish Cup, the next season, not reach the Champions League, be 9 points behind and not win the League Cup, would he still deserve that 2nd window? 

Point was more giving set amounts of time and transfer windows is stupid.

1 minute ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Of course, but we could realistically finish 15+ points behind, lose the Scottish Cup, the next season, not reach the Champions League, be 9 points behind and not win the League Cup, would he still deserve that 2nd window? 

Point was more giving set amounts of time and transfer windows is stupid.

No.

2 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Go on…

If anything ever summed up your mentality it would be not wanting us to have the best chance of winning a trophy. Anyone who wouldn't be absolutely buzzing with Hearts beating them is a fool.

6 minutes ago, The Specky Liar said:

If anything ever summed up your mentality it would be not wanting us to have the best chance of winning a trophy. Anyone who wouldn't be absolutely buzzing with Hearts beating them is a fool.

Beating someone like Killie in the final won’t come anywhere close to the high of beating them.

I don’t care if Hearts put them out but if given the choice I’d choose to face them in the final and think we’d beat them.

Different proposition if we’re talking about when we were clearly weaker under Warburton/Murty/Pedro or whoever.

Just now, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Beating someone like Killie in the final won’t come anywhere close to the high of beating them.

I don’t care if Hearts put them out but if given the choice I’d choose to face them in the final and think we’d beat them.

Different proposition if we’re talking about when we were clearly weaker under Warburton/Murty/Pedro or whoever.

If 'the high' of winning our third trophy in over a decade is dependent on be the opposition then I really don't know what to say to that. 

Also thinking we would beat them is just pure delusion at this point.

Just now, The Specky Liar said:

If 'the high' of winning our third trophy in over a decade is dependent on be the opposition then I really don't know what to say to that. 

Also thinking we would beat them is just pure delusion at this point.

Mate you’re being the obtuse little dickhead that you are just for the sake of it.