Perspective

Just now, Hadron Collider said:

I don’t think too many people are calling for Beales head. What people are angry about is his team selection and how every Rangers fan watching that pish knew we needed changes before they scored their first goal. To make the changes after they went 2 up was when he finally opened his eyes? To take Alfie, Malik, and Fashion off when we needed a goal was sickening. This is the rage the fans are feeling. It was a kick in the stones. 

Only the lunatics of the forum who spent the whole of January saying we'd sign nobody, hardly a surprise to see they've embraced the next meltdown.

2 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Sorry, but this post just completely vindicates my point.

This to me is absolutely fucking bonkers. Proper toys out the pram, spoiled child shit.

People can argue all they like about me being wrong, but I can just point to this one post to demonstrate what I mean. 

Mate, you don't have a point. You are going against what 99% of the fan base thinks today. Perhaps you just like the sound of your own voice.

9 minutes ago, bluenose244 said:

I've not called for the manager's head, but he deserves every bit of criticism he's receiving and was fully aware of what he was signing up for when he took the roll.

Sunday was a massive opportunity wasted and it's not as simple as "we will learn from it and go away and get ready for the next game" 

Sunday WAS the game and it's gone.

Exactly where I am on it 👍

1 hour ago, graeme_4 said:

What yesterday told me is that they aren’t that good, but that we’re even worse.

As a minimum their players always burst a gut, while ours either can’t or won’t match it.

And our manager has fucked it twice against them in the space of 2 months, making it a very miserable run in to the end of the season. 

I don't even know if it's lack of effort by our players. I think (at worst) we're scared of them or (at best) we give them far too much respect.

We only seen to respond in any way when we're behind. It's like they're thinking 'oh well that's them got the inevitable lead, we may as well give it a go as there's nothing to lose now'

Does my fucking nut in that a Rangers team aren't brave enough to go at it from the first whistle.

1 hour ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Everyone before yesterdays final was on a high. People utterly convinced we were going to give them a doing.

Everyone banging on with posts about how we had actually won so many of the last Old Firm games with far fewer defeats etc. Didnt hear many people talking about them dominating us and expecting us to get thrashed 2 days ago.

Yes they are richer than us at the minute. Yes they have went out and spent £50m+ on players in the last few seasons and we have not. This gives them an advantage.

Yes the board have made mistakes, but for the number of people to be coming out and claiming Beale is a dud and we should get rid of him is utterly fucking mental.

Like it or not, but we dont have the money that that mob have. They used the 10 years we were away (Or rebuilding) to cement themselves financially. 

Like it or not, but this means we go in every season as underdogs until we change it. That will require probably a combination of us getting things right, as we appear to have done with Beale on current showing, and also them to fuck things up a bit.

If their board and football department do things right, and our board and football department do things right, then they are still favourites and will likely win. We have to cease the opportunity at the point they make a mistake to make it count.

Yesterday was not the gulf that many are making it seem. They did not give us a battering like we seen under GVB. We did not see two teams £50m apart.

This season is about building a platform for next season. Next season is about building a platform for the one after. It will likely take them getting a bit stale, or the manager leaving for another post, and at that point, we have to be ready to take advantage of the turmoil and hope they dont get lucky with whatever solution they find.

That is the reality of where we are.

We cant just sack the board, bring in a Billionaire fan to take over and fuck off Uefa FFP rules and spend £50m.

Get real people.  

The teams weren't 50mill apart because transfer fees arent the be all and end all

Out of the two left backs playing yesterday ours was the most expensive yet theirs wasnt any worse 

Kent cost 7mill, they got hatate and abada for that combined 

The midfielder who created their first goal was a freebie

But the fact is we were miles off the pace again to the point where our full midfield needed subbed off, we arent talking about no mark midfielders either, ones a proven international player and the other has epl experience 

1 minute ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

The teams weren't 50mill apart because transfer fees arent the be all and end all

Out of the two left backs playing yesterday ours was the most expensive yet theirs wasnt any worse 

Kent cost 7mill, they got hatate and abada for that combined 

The midfielder who created their first goal was a freebie

But the fact is we were miles off the pace again to the point where our full midfield needed subbed off, we arent talking about no mark midfielders either, ones a proven international player and the other has epl experience 

I think the main difference is Fat Ange was allowed to sign the players he wants to sign to for his system.

We’ve got, or have had, a signings by committee approach which just leads to compromise because nobody is really getting what they want. 

48 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Mate, you don't have a point. You are going against what 99% of the fan base thinks today. Perhaps you just like the sound of your own voice.

I disagree.

I think if 99% of the fanbase want the board and Beale removed then there would be protests and all sorts going on.

Instead what we have is a few banners from some wee boys slating our manager before a cup final and a few people on social media making a bit of noise.

Im as entitled to voice my opinion as anyone else.

Beale fucked it yes, but Lundstram and Kamara have to take a big chunk of the blame aswell, 2 seasoned professionals and they were like 2 men down. A pair of disgraces. I hope Beale learns that sentiment will cost him his job at Rangers, that, and playing guys, who have A) Lost interest B) Recovering from injury or C) Have a proven track record of shitting the bed In high profile games.

The above criteria covers many players currently in this squad.

So yes Beale, Lundstram and Kamara are rightly taking the flack for yesterday, but there are many others who are equally as culpable.

2 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

I disagree.

I think if 99% of the forum want the board and Beale removed then there would be protests and all sorts going on.

Instead what we have is a few banners from some wee boys slating our manager before a cup final and a few people on social media making a bit of noise.

Im as entitled to voice my opinion as anyone else.

Who's talking about removing Beale? I believe he will get it right, but his team selection was all wrong. We lost yet another cup final (or sometimes semi-final.) The same players bottling time and time again. A captain comes out for the umpteenth time and says, "I would like to apologize to the fans. It was unacceptable."

And yet you try to diminish the loss and find perspective.

I absolutely agree that yesterday was a cup final that we narrowly lost. We weren’t THAT much worse than they were and we certainly didn’t get a doing.

BUT

When the manager bluffs all week about Tillmans fitness, you better fucking hope he’s actually fit to play when he does, otherwise the bluffing was for nothing and you look like a fool. It just screams of him trying a ‘gotcha’ that ended up backfiring in his face.

Secondly, when the manager plays a half-fit Tillman alongside Glen fucking Kamara and some player that used to be John Lundstram ahead of two fit players he explicitly told us would be first pick starters, it brings into question his ability to assess the squad.

Thirdly, how many times do we need to hear ‘we need to apologise to the fans’ before it just becomes white noise with no impact? Nah wait we are already there.

1 minute ago, Bydo said:

I absolutely agree that yesterday was a cup final that we narrowly lost. We weren’t THAT much worse than they were and we certainly didn’t get a doing.

BUT

When the manager bluffs all week about Tillmans fitness, you better fucking hope he’s actually fit to play when he does, otherwise the bluffing was for nothing and you look like a fool. It just screams of him trying a ‘gotcha’ that ended up backfiring in his face.

Secondly, when the manager plays a half-fit Tillman alongside Glen fucking Kamara and some player that used to be John Lundstram ahead of two fit players he explicitly told us would be first pick starters, it brings into question his ability to assess the squad.

Thirdly, how many times do we need to hear ‘we need to apologise to the fans’ before it just becomes white noise with no impact? Nah wait we are already there.

Good post.

Nailed it with the last 2 paragraphs.

37 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

I think winning all but 2 games since he has come in, and a loss and draw against them show a massive closing of the gap and I think he will.

Its fucking bonkers to call for his head now.

I'm not calling for his head, though I know a small minority are.

He's not doing well enough to overtake them, in fact goal difference since he's came in is in their favour I'm sure. Plus the draw was at home so unless we at least match that when playing away then its further advantage them.

I'm likely to give him longer than many, but need to see the rate of progression as one that I reckon can catch them within a reasonable time frame. I need to see the gap narrowing. And it's not so far, we're not playing as well as them, and Beale is making mistakes. He needs to improve imo.

31 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

I think the main difference is Fat Ange was allowed to sign the players he wants to sign to for his system.

We’ve got, or have had, a signings by committee approach which just leads to compromise because nobody is really getting what they want. 

This is spot on. Every signing they’ve made has been picked to fit in with the strategy and play style. Yet people go mental that we can’t play the same way. Because we haven’t got the fucking players to do it. 

Our last 10 signings before Raskin have just been random finger in the air signings. That Liverpool team that sort of nailed the high press that celtic are doing.

It was successful after they got a mobile keeper who could play from the back, two fast CB (VVD) who could play a high line because they have the pace to recover. And then pace up front to go behind.

We signed Colak, no keeper and 2 injured CB. And people expect us to rock up and go toe to toe with the same system. It doesn’t work like that

There’s been no clear strategy to our signings.

If we tried to play a high line on our half way line we would be slaughtered against good teams

1 hour ago, Jamie0202 said:

Some of that isn't true.

Screenshot_20230227_150507_Sofascore.thumb.jpg.17455aedf465b8a8e00af07475f67de3.jpg

Not sure who you're using for your stats but they're not correct. Anyone watching that game could tell you we didn't have more possession.

Skysports, Fotmob, Google and BBC all have the stats I showed.

https://www.skysports.com/football/Rangers-vs-celtic/stats/480686

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/64688959

image.thumb.png.7aa0a77f49037b25bba80032c794e636.png

1 minute ago, OrangeRab said:

This is spot on. Every signing they’ve made has been picked to fit in with the strategy. Yet people go mental that we can’t play the same way. Because we haven’t got the fucking players to do it. 

Our last 10 signings before Raskin have just been random finger in the air signings

Where their players don't work out quickly, in most cases that player seems to be moved on one way or another within a transfer window or two.  Can't think of many other than McCarthy who are likely to be expensive duds who aren't really contributing.

Comparing that approach to ours would make you greet.

4 minutes ago, OrangeRab said:

This is spot on. Every signing they’ve made has been picked to fit in with the strategy. Yet people go mental that we can’t play the same way. Because we haven’t got the fucking players to do it. 

Our last 10 signings before Raskin have just been random finger in the air signings

Our signings have been a classic - We need a striker, sign a striker. We need a midfielder, sign a midfielder.

No consideration of the type of way we want to play and the type of player that would fit into it. That's what Beale seems to be very good with, but it's now going to take him time to get the right players.

Why the fuck did he not start with Raskin and Cantwell? and why did he not man mark / get someone to crunch kyogo in the first five minutes?

Jack and Lundstrum on for Cantwell and Raskin when they had emptied the tank, I am sure that Raskin would have played Tillman in a few times.

Don't get it - ' I will only sign players who will be first pick' - then leave them on the fucking bench?

2 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Where their players don't work out quickly, in most cases that player seems to be moved on one way or another within a transfer window or two.  Can't think of many other than McCarthy who are likely to be expensive duds who aren't really contributing.

Comparing that approach to ours would make you greet.

They have had quite a few duds over the years that linger. Barkas being the biggest. Not that it is a consolation.

There's an old saying in football that teams of nice boys never win anything and perhaps our eagerness to give Thistle a consolation goal a few weeks back says a bit more about what's going on at Ibrox than we would want to admit?

Look at the forward line yesterday Morelos, Kent and Sakala is it not obvious by now that they're just not good enough ... we really do make the rat catchers look good and I'm sick of it  :ang:

Issue is we've seen this story too often. Yet another cup exit while the scumbags add another trophy to the tally. 

Beale messed up yesterday with his selection. Going with Lundstram who hasn't kicked a ball in 3 weeks in a game you know is going to be high tempo. It's horrible decision making from beale. 

The board deserves it's fair share of criticism as well. After 55 we were in a position of strength, they had to rebuild. A season and a half later they have 3 trophies and we're back to chasing them. It's not acceptable.