Perspective

23 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Not making subs earlier is Beale’s fault.

Not actually changing anything with his subs is Beale’s fault. Taking Tillman off instead of Kent/Sakala and putting Tillman further forward is Beale’s fault.

Taking Morelos off instead of going 2 up top Beale’s fault.

Easy with the benefit of hindsight and everyone would do things differently. Tillman playing in the cm had done a huge amount of running. They had 70% possession first half. The last 10 minutes of the first half we clearly dropped off them more as our 3 cm tired. Kamara, Lundstrum and Tillman weren’t getting near them.

I agree Tillman is wasted playing deeper. Argument it’s pointless even starting him the way we set up. Bring him on in the second half when they drop off and we get further up the pitch where he’s effective.

We aren’t privy to the fitness of the players. But I’d argue Kent and Sakala are our 2 fittest players and had more legs left in them than Tillman and Morelos. Especially when you consider the fact if we’d equalised they needed to play another 30. 

For me that’s all wood from the trees though. The bigger picture is how we match them in the first half where we are cumulatively 11-1 down in the last 7 matches. And that’s a result of extremely poor squad management under Wilson

25 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Raskin has the potential to be a good player, but people are going way overboard thinking we have signed a player leagues above Kamara etc.

There is not all that much between the players. Give it a few months and folk will probably giving him all sorts of grief as well.

Kamara is still a player valued in the multiple millions range.

No matter how often cunts want to pretend he is not worth £50k, does not make it true.

Don’t disagree

26 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Raskin has the potential to be a good player, but people are going way overboard thinking we have signed a player leagues above Kamara etc.

There is not all that much between the players. Give it a few months and folk will probably giving him all sorts of grief as well.

Kamara is still a player valued in the multiple millions range.

No matter how often cunts want to pretend he is not worth £50k, does not make it true.

He’s certainly currently leagues above Kamara, and there’s plenty between the players. But I do hope Kamara is valued in the multiple millions range, so we can sell him and make an excellent profit.

52 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Thats all well and good, but they didnt win 20 of the fuckers yesterday.

It is the absolute meltdown at losing one game that im objecting to.

It was a cup final, it could have went either fucking way. 

It's not an absolute meltdown at one game though is it.

It's another trophy to them and another we've let slip do you see the pattern? 

Perhaps In the context of the traditional landscape of football in Scotland where the trophies regularly moved between our trophy case and theirs year on year your argument would stand up, but it's ALL one way.

8 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

We have people saying that Raskin is a 'Potential Superstar' based on his performance against Partick.

This is the bipolar nature of this place. The board have to do better than signing superstars within our budget.

I'm not really sure what your argument is here? Because we've signed one guy who folk think may be a player (disregarding the hype and bandwagon around him, which I am guilty of jumping on), the board have therefore ticked the recruitement box and shouldn't get any flak?

They've presided over a squad screaming out for investment for years, along with employing managers and a DoF that are responsible for refreshing said squad. One potential gem != job done or eradicate the multiple failures.

2 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

They’ve won 15 trophies since we came back to the top flight. Even with a bit of “allowance” for us to find our feet again that’s disgraceful. There’s no excuse for it anymore.

Yes they have. But as much as people refuse to admit it, they have been quite good for the majority of that period.

Brendan Rogers was a coup for them, Lennon a disaster and annoyingly they got it right with this Aussie.

If you have a big financial advantage along with good managers, then you have a hell of a head start in the race and should expect to win most of them.

Since Beale came in, we have dropped 2 points in the league, against them. We have beaten every singe team we have come up against in the cups outside of one final against them.

So far the only club we have not beaten is the club who happens to have more money than us. And even then, the games have been close. A draw we should have won and a narrow loss.

Since Beale has come in we are going toe to toe with them in the league, and not losing to underdogs in the cups. this is not underachieving.

Like it or not, but under Murray we had a massive financial advantage and this showed with the trophies we won. Now we are second financially and they are winning more trophies than us.

People that expect us to be winning more than anyone else, whilst playing second fiddle financially are just not in the real world.

Its going to take time, its going to require us to take advantage when they make mistakes. Them winning things does not mean our board or manager is failing. It means they are in a stronger position than us, and they are meeting their goals.

9 minutes ago, superallysbears said:

Think alot of us are sick to the back teeth of being on the wrong side of the result against them, until we've got players who can handle it better then it'll carry on, root out the perennial bottlers, we all know who they are.

If we keep saying it’s us bottling it. Does it make it easier to ignore the cold facts that the squad isn’t good enough? Thought yesterday had very little to do with bottle and a lot to do with their squad being better than ours at the moment. 

8 minutes ago, left winger said:

He’s certainly currently leagues above Kamara, and there’s plenty between the players. But I do hope Kamara is valued in the multiple millions range, so we can sell him and make an excellent profit.

How is he certainly leagues above Kamara?

You basing this on a game against Partick and a few other cameo outings?

There was fuck all between them in the game against Partick as well. Raskin has actually lost the ball in a few really dodgy positions in the first few games, which people just overlook 'because he is new'.

7 minutes ago, bluenose244 said:

It's not an absolute meltdown at one game though is it.

It's another trophy to them and another we've let slip do you see the pattern? 

Perhaps In the context of the traditional landscape of football in Scotland where the trophies regularly moved between our trophy case and theirs year on year you're argument would stand up, but it's ALL one way.

Calling for the manager to go after his first loss is a meltdown in my book mate.

If we were dropping points all over the place in the league and getting knocked out the cups by diddy teams I would agree with you. But we are not.

We are winning almost all our games and lost a close final.

Its hardly the current run of results to be calling for heads! Its a massive over reaction.

If next season we get knocked out the cups and fall behind massively in the league, then yes, this response would be justified.

25 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

I thought it was pretty close personally. A clear goal stopped by a challenge that missed being an own goal by inches. Hitting the post and missing a tap in.

Even if you feel it was a deserved loss. We have always lost old firms games throughout the decades.

Winning the vast majority of the league games, and not losing in the cups to diddy teams is what we should be expecting.

We expect to beat every team in the league outside of them regularly. This is because we have more money and resources than them. Unfortunately they have more money than us, this means they should have the edge over us until we turn the tide and earn more money than them.

I think youre in the minoriity of one who saw it as pretty even tbh.

Like with Gerrard, Beale needs to punch above his weight and win a title despite spending less than them. Imo him doing better than Gerrard did in cups will buy him more time / leeway with those vocal fans with less tolerance.

The summer trading is huge, it's an opportunity he has to maximise. But even then if he doesn't play his best players, or his own signings, then he's heading towards a huge failure. He's now made huge errors on 2 OF games whilst not getting us playing well consistently (despite winning) since he's been here. I expect much more from him tbh.

1 hour ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Everyone before yesterdays final was on a high. People utterly convinced we were going to give them a doing.

Everyone banging on with posts about how we had actually won so many of the last Old Firm games with far fewer defeats etc. Didnt hear many people talking about them dominating us and expecting us to get thrashed 2 days ago.

Yes they are richer than us at the minute. Yes they have went out and spent £50m+ on players in the last few seasons and we have not. This gives them an advantage.

Yes the board have made mistakes, but for the number of people to be coming out and claiming Beale is a dud and we should get rid of him is utterly fucking mental.

Like it or not, but we dont have the money that that mob have. They used the 10 years we were away (Or rebuilding) to cement themselves financially. 

Like it or not, but this means we go in every season as underdogs until we change it. That will require probably a combination of us getting things right, as we appear to have done with Beale on current showing, and also them to fuck things up a bit.

If their board and football department do things right, and our board and football department do things right, then they are still favourites and will likely win. We have to cease the opportunity at the point they make a mistake to make it count.

Yesterday was not the gulf that many are making it seem. They did not give us a battering like we seen under GVB. We did not see two teams £50m apart.

This season is about building a platform for next season. Next season is about building a platform for the one after. It will likely take them getting a bit stale, or the manager leaving for another post, and at that point, we have to be ready to take advantage of the turmoil and hope they dont get lucky with whatever solution they find.

That is the reality of where we are.

We cant just sack the board, bring in a Billionaire fan to take over and fuck off Uefa FFP rules and spend £50m.

Get real people.  

The only difference between that first half yesterday and some of the hammerings under gio was simply Celtic were not as clinical yesterday as those games . If it had been 3-0 at half time we would have had little complaints 

5 minutes ago, OrangeRab said:

If we keep saying it’s us bottling it. Does it make it easier to ignore the cold facts that the squad isn’t good enough? Thought yesterday had very little to do with bottle and a lot to do with their squad being better than ours at the moment. 

When you the same mistakes happening over a period of years in the really big games I put it down to bottle.

2 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Calling for the manager to go after his first loss is a meltdown in my book mate.

If we were dropping points all over the place in the league and getting knocked out the cups by diddy teams I would agree with you. But we are not.

Its hardly the current run of results to be calling for heads! Its a massive over reaction.

If next season we get knocked out the cups and fall behind massively in the league, then yes, this response would be justified.

Beale has shown in the game at Ibrox and at Hampden that he's going to be a manager that'll continually show them far to much respect and until he changes results against them are unlikely to change which will put him under real pressure. He got his team selection badly wrong yesterday in our biggest game of the season and has given them a huge opportunity to go on and win a treble. 

16 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Yes they have. But as much as people refuse to admit it, they have been quite good for the majority of that period.

Brendan Rogers was a coup for them, Lennon a disaster and annoyingly they got it right with this Aussie.

If you have a big financial advantage along with good managers, then you have a hell of a head start in the race and should expect to win most of them.

Since Beale came in, we have dropped 2 points in the league, against them. We have beaten every singe team we have come up against in the cups outside of one final against them.

So far the only club we have not beaten is the club who happens to have more money than us. And even then, the games have been close. A draw we should have won and a narrow loss.

Since Beale has come in we are going toe to toe with them in the league, and not losing to underdogs in the cups. this is not underachieving.

Like it or not, but under Murray we had a massive financial advantage and this showed with the trophies we won. Now we are second financially and they are winning more trophies than us.

People that expect us to be winning more than anyone else, whilst playing second fiddle financially are just not in the real world.

Its going to take time, its going to require us to take advantage when they make mistakes. Them winning things does not mean our board or manager is failing. It means they are in a stronger position than us, and they are meeting their goals.

Sensible post !

5 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

I think youre in the minoriity of one who saw it as pretty even tbh.

Like with Gerrard, Beale needs to punch above his weight and win a title despite spending less than them. Imo him doing better than Gerrard did in cups will buy him more time / leeway with those vocal fans with less tolerance.

The summer trading is huge, it's an opportunity he has to maximise. But even then if he doesn't play his best players, or his own signings, then he's heading towards a huge failure. He's now made huge errors on 2 OF games whilst not getting us playing well consistently (despite winning) since he's been here. I expect much more from him tbh.

I think winning all but 2 games since he has come in, and a loss and draw against them show a massive closing of the gap and I think he will.

Its fucking bonkers to call for his head now.

3 minutes ago, Loyal72 said:

People's reactions are justified though mate, it's not a one off, it's not just a fluke here and there, for most people aged under 30, those cunts have dominated Scottish football, they've never seen the years that we had.

It's fucking painful, year on year of failure. Wrong choices, project managers, projects on the side, all at the expense of the football department.

We had one good season, and this board failed to improve or consolidate afterwards and sent us out to be the worst team in Champions League history.

If it keeps going, it's not another ten years down the line, it's happening now - they're going to overtake us in trophies. Two years at best.

This board have flung it all away!!

Nope calling for Beale to go is just mental.

Just now, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Nope calling for Beale to go is just mental.

How? You could argue he has made a monumental arse of it already.

Keep in mind this is his rookie season as a manager, and keep in mind the same bottling of finals we saw under this same man involved in another set up.

This is another project by the board, and you could rightfully argue for all change, board to staff.

It's aw mediocre.

5 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

I've not called for the manager's head, but he deserves every bit of criticism he's receiving and was fully aware of what he was signing up for when he took the roll.

Sunday was a massive opportunity wasted and it's not as simple as "we will learn from it and go away and get ready for the next game" 

Sunday WAS the game and it's gone.

Just now, Loyal72 said:

How? You could argue he has made a monumental arse of it already.

Keep in mind this is his rookie season as a manager, and keep in mind the same bottling of finals we saw under this same man involved in another set up.

This is another project by the board, and you could rightfully argue for all change, board to staff.

It's aw mediocre.

Sorry, but this post just completely vindicates my point.

This to me is absolutely fucking bonkers. Proper toys out the pram, spoiled child shit.

People can argue all they like about me being wrong, but I can just point to this one post to demonstrate what I mean.