Fuck the board

4 minutes ago, Dickie said:

When we are happy sharing the same values as the scum then we should chuck it.

Aye a love sharing values with them.

im telling you that they use it as do clubs down south. 

im hardly advocating raping children 

1 hour ago, J-Maestro said:

So basically shouldn't get credit for the stuff he did? That's wild. :lol:

Then he shouldn't be criticised for not selling the players he didn't sign for a lot as he never brought them in. 

Huh? That makes no sense. I’m asking what he should get credit for. If you have a good player and someone puts a bid in for him, what do you deserve credit for? You deserve credit if you manage to achieve a fee above market value for someone. Or if you acquire an asset cheaply.

so Let’s break it down. Incoming transfers. Shite. 35 odd players brought in. 3 starting. And nobody signed by him who has any sell on value. Aribo was signed pre Wilson. Patterson was through the academy. 

Bassey  - Up to each fan as to how much credit he gets. Wilson publicly came out and stated he was scouted before he arrived and Gerrard wanted to sign him. He would have almost certainly signed regardless of who was DoF. 

Then outgoing transfers. He’s obviously fucked us on kamara, Kent, Morelos by not cashing in. He nearly made the same mistake with Goldson and lost him for nothing. 

Letting 3 of your most valuable players run down contracts is criminal. 

As for Bassey, Aribo and Patterson. We don’t know how the process went. I’d imagine Patterson sold himself. Broken into the national team at 19. Everton came in with a bid. 

Bassey likely sold himself. Ajax had to buy a CB. Bassey performed on the biggest stage and Ajax were flush with cash. Maybe he is a master negotiator and eeks out an extra million or two in negotiations. 

But I’d imagine it’s pretty simple given thousands do this daily. “We’re bid for your player.” “I want 25% more”. “Meet in middle?” “Sure deal”.

Comical people trying to defend Wilson, does my nut in. 

Just now, OrangeRab said:

Huh? That makes no sense. I’m asking what he should get credit for. If you have a good player and someone puts a bid in for him, what do you deserve credit for? You deserve credit if you manage to achieve a fee above market value for someone. Or if you acquire an asset cheaply.

so Let’s break it down. Incoming transfers. Shite. 35 odd players brought in. 3 starting. And nobody signed by him who has any sell on value. Aribo was signed pre Wilson. Patterson was through the academy. 

Bassey  - Up to each fan as to how much credit he gets. Wilson publicly came out and stated he was scouted before he arrived and Gerrard wanted to sign him. He would have almost certainly signed regardless of who was DoF. 

Then outgoing transfers. He’s obviously fucked us on kamara, Kent, Morelos by not cashing in. He nearly made the same mistake with Goldson and lost him for nothing. 

Letting players run down contracts is criminal. 

As for Bassey, Aribo and Patterson. We don’t know how the process went. I’d imagine Patterson sold himself. Broken into the national team at 19. Everton came in with a bid. 

Bassey likely sold himself. Ajax had to buy a CB. Bassey performed on the biggest stage and Ajax were flush with cash. Maybe he is a master negotiator and eeks out an extra million or two in negotiations. 

But I’d imagine it’s pretty simple given thousands do this daily. “We’re bid for your player.” “I want 25% more”. “Meet in middle?” “Sure deal”.

Comical people trying to defend Wilson, does my nut in. 

He’s fucking shite, but you cannot say I’m not giving him credit for the sales of Patterson and Bassey cause I don’t want to. :lol:

Bisgrove gets a pass mark. He is just doing his job and on the whole doing it well. But when he went to board with the Sydney proposal it should have been shut down there and then. Bisgrove, not being a fan, would not have realised how toxic this idea was.

I feel that I don't know enough about Wilson's role at the club and in particular what influence he has on recruitment to comment on his fitness for the role.

Capturing 55, making a European final, and winning a SC suggests to me that the patient is on the road to recovery. The board as a whole deserve credit for that.

Just now, J-Maestro said:

He’s fucking shite, but you cannot say I’m not giving him credit for the sales of Patterson and Bassey cause I don’t want to. :lol:

What does he get credit for? Let’s say we have the next Leo Messi in our academy. He comes through and Man Utd bid 50 million for him. The credit goes to whoever identified or developed the asset. Just saying yes to a bid because you have a good player isn’t some kind of genius. Fuck me

3 minutes ago, OrangeRab said:

What does he get credit for? Let’s say we have the next Leo Messi in our academy. He comes through and Man Utd bid 50 million for him. The credit goes to whoever identified or developed the asset. Just saying yes to a bid because you have a good player isn’t some kind of genius. Fuck me

Where have I said he’s a genius? 

11 minutes ago, Loyal72 said:

It's mind-blowing how out of touch the custodians of our club are.

But this is only the latest example in a whole roadshow of shite decisions and utter car crashes.

He’s an investor not a custodian 

2 hours ago, GersInCanada said:

Bisgrove gets a pass mark. He is just doing his job and on the whole doing it well. But when he went to board with the Sydney proposal it should have been shut down there and then. Bisgrove, not being a fan, would not have realised how toxic this idea was.

I feel that I don't know enough about Wilson's role at the club and in particular what influence he has on recruitment to comment on his fitness for the role.

Capturing 55, making a European final, and winning a SC suggests to me that the patient is on the road to recovery. The board as a whole deserve credit for that.

Really? Under their watch celtic are on the verge of 5 trebles in 7 seasons. If that’s us on the road to recovery I’d hate to see us struggling FS!

7 minutes ago, J-Maestro said:

Where have I said he’s a genius? 

Well you’re implying he deservescredit. I think he deserves fuck all. Yeh well done mate. You accepted offers for our two young best assets. That must have been really difficult.

Never mind the fact he’s totally fucked the important bits - recruitment,  let valuable players contracts run down. Identified a bunch of injured prone players. Allowed the average age of the squad to increase. Not identified any new markets. Not identified players who are less motivated and cashed in on them. 

The guy is an absolute charlatan. But this bogus argument gets air that he deserves credit because his predecessor identified a class player

54 minutes ago, Dickie said:

Is castore really the best we can do,totally ignoring the commercial opportunity by catering for fans not going to Seville was a mistake,the total incompetence in dealing with our 150 years anniversary was a disgrace.

whilst you can argue that mygers brings in revenue it has fucked up how many loyal fans now follow the club and shows an utter contempt for ordinary fans who don’t have the finances to become a gold/platinum or whatever level supporter.

The new social club will prove to be a liability and the fact we are still running our ticket office from an oversized garden shed is an embarrassment.

Back then the castore deal was fantastic for us let's no kid ourselves. That side of our club he's rebuilt record breaking income if I remember rightly that's a guy that's really good at his job. 

My only issue with the TO is the poor service in respect to responding to emails in a prompt manner. As for how it looks its a ticket office what are you expecting? More important is getting the website sorted to make it easier to buy tickets online. 

22 minutes ago, OrangeRab said:

Well you’re implying he deservescredit. I think he deserves fuck all. Yeh well done mate. You accepted offers for our two young best assets. That must have been really difficult.

Never mind the fact he’s totally fucked the important bits - recruitment,  let valuable players contracts run down. Identified a bunch of injured prone players. Allowed the average age of the squad to increase. Not identified any new markets. Not identified players who are less motivated and cashed in on them. 

The guy is an absolute charlatan. But this bogus argument gets air that he deserves credit because his predecessor identified a class player

Said he’s fucking shite already, I assumed you were able to read with your ability to write essays of drivel.

He deserves credit for making our two biggest ever sales yes, is that enough for him to remain in the job. No.

It's the on field performances that are pissing people off. In search of a scapegoat it's blame the board time. I for one don't buy that arguement.

Beale did well in his 1st window in securing Cantwell and Raskin for modest fees. We have to give him the summer and then see where we are. Better performances on the park next season and this will all blow over.

31 minutes ago, RFC55 said:

Problem with investors but then an almost one man band was how we got here

Think we’ve been rudderless since King pulled away, not that I think he’s without criticism. They all seem to hide behind each other and pat each other on the back.

We are absolutely missing out on a figurehead.

1 minute ago, GersInCanada said:

It's the on field performances that are pissing people off. In search of a scapegoat it's blame the board time. I for one don't buy that arguement.

Beale did well in his 1st window in securing Cantwell and Raskin for modest fees. We have to give him the summer and then see where we are. Better performances on the park next season and this will all blow over.

Plenty including myself thought the Summer window had went amazing too. :whistle:

1 minute ago, GersInCanada said:

We've won two trophies wit them in charge, it's not making them scapegoats, they deserve every bit of criticism coming their way.

5 minutes ago, J-Maestro said:

Said he’s fucking shite already, I assumed you were able to read with your ability to write essays of drivel.

He deserves credit for making our two biggest ever sales yes, is that enough for him to remain in the job. No.

😂. What are you giving him credit for? Fuck me no wonder the board think they can get away with shite. 

The point is current board members and some fans still giving him undue credit. Ajax and Everton came in with record bids for players he had fuck all to do with.

He said “yes”. Fuck me. Credit my arse. Deserves about as much credit as my estate agent for selling my house.

1 minute ago, OrangeRab said:

😂. What are you giving him credit for? Fuck me no wonder the board think they can get away with shite. 

The point is current board members and some fans still giving him undue credit. Ajax and Everton came in with record bids for players he had fuck all to do with.

He said “yes”. Fuck me. Credit my arse. Deserves about as much credit as my estate agent for selling my house.

You are incapable of any sort of real thought eh? 

2 minutes ago, J-Maestro said:

You are incapable of any sort of real thought eh? 

Dunno what that means. Deal in logic. Apply your brain to things. Instead of lapping up our boards narrative that Wilson deserves credit like a clapping seal. Just because they told you so

5 minutes ago, GersInCanada said:

We shouldn't be in this position that's the issue. Facing a massive rebuild 2 years after being league champions. That should never be happening with a DOF in position we were told those days where over. Add to that the taigs are flying dropped 5 points all season. 

Said it the other day the way this league is heading is a huge worry we've replaced our manager and can still hit 100points you'd think we'd  had a shocker. At our club it's Al about trophies a hard school 🤣