*****The Official Hibernian v Rangers Match Thread*****

There used to be some depth to Scottish football but that is no longer the case. scum are content just to batter dross into submission as they have no European ambitions.

We, I like to think, still have ambitions of making the knock out stages in Europe every season.

To get back on topic just get the 3 points today Rangers.

28 minutes ago, Nk89 said:

McGregor 

Tav Goldson Davies Borna

Tillman Jack Raskin

Cantwell

Morelos  Colak

2 - 0 Gers, try something a bit different 

Is Tillman fit?

44 minutes ago, GersInCanada said:

There used to be some depth to Scottish football but that is no longer the case. scum are content just to batter dross into submission as they have no European ambitions.

We, I like to think, still have ambitions of making the knock out stages in Europe every season.

Your post reads like it’s a bad thing to batter the dross to submission and win titles 👍

1 hour ago, GersInCanada said:

There’s never been any depth to Scottish football in the entire time I have been watching it and I would be delighted if we could batter that same dross into submission aswell 

Its a shite excuse for our piss poor form is what you’ve given there. Basically begging the rest to be better because we can’t hack it 

5 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

There’s never been any depth to Scottish football in the entire time I have been watching it and I would be delighted if we could batter that same dross into submission aswell 

Its a shite excuse for our piss poor form is what you’ve given there. Basically begging the rest to be better because we can’t hack it 

I may be older than you but I remember sheep and Dundee Und making European finals in the 80's. There was similar success in the 60's. I am not excusing our current poor form but a stronger league would help on many levels.

1 minute ago, GersInCanada said:

I may be older than you but I remember sheep and Dundee Und making European finals in the 80's. There was similar success in the 60's. I am not excusing our current poor form but a stronger league would help on many levels.

Aye and we were absolutely wank in the 80s, so what’s your point? We were the depth you’re talking about? :lol:

Outwith 2012-2016 when I didn't pay attention, this is comfortably the worst standard the top flight has been in my lifetime, I don't get the arguments in this thread about how a stronger league would help us or is a reason why we're behind them though?

3 minutes ago, The Specky Liar said:

Outwith 2012-2016 when I didn't pay attention, this is comfortably the worst standard the top flight has been in my lifetime, I don't get the arguments in this thread about how a stronger league would help us or is a reason why we're behind them though?

Because if the rest of the league was stronger they might drop points against the other sides the way we already do, is basically the thought process 

3 minutes ago, The Specky Liar said:

More an observation than an arguement. A stronger league would attract better sponsorship and make for more entertaining games. Benefits the game as a whole. Nothing to do about why we are behind them.

20 minutes ago, GersInCanada said:

Football standard across Europe as a whole has improved though mostly due to money and more players being able to travel and sign to clubs across the world.

I don’t see our league ever matching any of the above average ones nevermind the top leagues.

16 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

Because if the rest of the league was stronger they might drop points against the other sides the way we already do, is basically the thought process 

Exactly :lol: “Oh I wish the other teams were good enough to take points off the paedos, because we aren’t”

43 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

Aye and we were absolutely wank in the 80s, so what’s your point? We were the depth you’re talking about? :lol:

We actually won a fair few trophies in the 80's if you tally them up in the wee red book. In what was undoubtedly a poor period for us. Which makes the last decade all the harder to take it's the closest to utter domination by them I can ever remember in decades of watching us. 

23 minutes ago, SPWF said:

Exactly :lol: “Oh I wish the other teams were good enough to take points off the paedos, because we aren’t”

It's depressing. Hearts will be gubbed tonight I expect the match to be over as a contest by half time. The cup game is more important. We are relying on them pulling of a shock to give us a chance of winning the SC again. Because if we meet Savco in the final and Beale browns his underpants again there's only going to be one outcome. And another treble to boot. 

1 hour ago, .Williamson. said:

I think teams are the weakest they’ve ever been tbh, and set up as negatively as I can ever remember.

I was born in 86, but even dating back to early memories teams were stronger and had a better quality of individual player than they do now. 

1 minute ago, graeme_4 said:

I think teams are the weakest they’ve ever been tbh, and set up as negatively as I can ever remember.

I was born in 86, but even dating back to early memories teams were stronger and had a better quality of individual player than they do now. 

aye but money has taken over football and Scottish football is shite and nobody cares to put money into it 

It’s basically the Irish league with a couple of massive clubs thrown into it