Cantwell

DiamondDan

3 hours ago, Darth Bear said:

You don't think it was the defence and a dodgy decision that cost us the game?

Very simplistically yes those two aspects cost us.

There has been a general theme now for over a year against them though that we’re not doing much in open play against them. And that’s the bigger problem that needs to be addressed.

1 minute ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Very simplistically yes those two aspects cost us.

There has been a general theme now for over a year against them though that we’re not doing much in open play against them. And that’s the bigger problem that needs to be addressed.

So you don't actually disagree with me you just said so out of habit 😅

Just now, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Well, no.

You were downplaying any criticism of our attacking play and I pointed out why I disagreed with that.

I didn't downplay any criticism of our attacking play I said the criticism of our attacking play has been over the top. In fact most of it wouldn't have happened if the Morelos goal stood.

People are just lashing out because they are pissed of with the result. Blindly it seems at times. 

5 minutes ago, Darth Bear said:

I didn't downplay any criticism of our attacking play I said the criticism of our attacking play has been over the top. In fact most of it wouldn't have happened if the Morelos goal stood.

People are just lashing out because they are pissed of with the result. Blindly it seems at times. 

:confused:

1 hour ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Not including a set piece as attacking play. We never really created anything from open play. Goal aside.

So you are saying that if we hadn't been cheated out of a legitimate goal and didn't give two stupid goals away and won 3-0 that you would be on here moaning about our attacking play 😂

It is nothing but a hysterical knee jerk reaction. One of the few things we are good about.

As for set plays we still have to win the opportunities to have them. In fact it wasn't that long ago that people were complaining about our lack of goals from corners and set plays in general.

That is not to say that improvements can not be made but that will always be the case. 

3 minutes ago, Darth Bear said:

So you are saying that if we hadn't been cheated out of a legitimate goal and didn't give two stupid goals away and won 3-0 that you would be on here moaning about our attacking play 😂

It is nothing but a hysterical knee jerk reaction. One of the few things we are good about.

As for set plays we still have to win the opportunities to have them. In fact it wasn't that long ago that people were complaining about our lack of goals from corners and set plays in general.

That is not to say that improvements can not be made but that will always be the case. 

If my auntie had balls she’d be my uncle, nobody would complain about anything if we had won.

I wouldn’t say being good at set pieces is the same as general attacking play, at which we created what, three chances?

6 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

If my auntie had balls she’d be my uncle, nobody would complain about anything if we had won.

I wouldn’t say being good at set pieces is the same as general attacking play, at which we created what, three chances?

So you admit that you are only moaning about our attacking play because of the result not because of our attacking play.

Defensive errors and a cheating ref cost us the game not our attacking play.

1 minute ago, Darth Bear said:

So you admit that you are only moaning about our attacking play because of the result not because of our attacking play.

Defensive errors and a cheating ref cost us the game not our attacking play.

I never said it cost us, and I never complained. None of that changes the fact it was still poor

18 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

I never said it cost us, and I never complained. None of that changes the fact it was still poor

It wasn't poor. It could have been better, even if we won 5-0 that would be the case. 

With decent replacements for Kent and Morelos our attack will be in a good place next season. It is our defensive play that needs more work and better players. One of those goals conceded would have been avoided if we had someone even approaching being mobile in goals.

Our attacking play is our main problem in my opinion and is where the bulk of money needs to be spent.

Do we have a mistake or two in us at the back and could we improve? of course but for me the main issue is none of our front three carry any significant and consistent threat I'd even say a new keeper takes precedence over looking at the defence.

From all the players at our club that play in the front 3 positions only Roofe I think has all the attributes of being a top player but he is made of glass. Morelos and Kent showed signs of it but have severely tailed off in regards to their desire to perform as Rangers players. 

Could see he was annoyed at 2-2 and showed personality to take game by scruff of the neck and make things happen.

We've signed too many ppl who crumble with the weight of the shirt and expectation at home, early signs are that he's not one of them. Hopefully he kicks on, think theres more to come 

5 minutes ago, GabrielTomato said:

I thought he was tremendous today.

Brings bags of energy, a goal threat and obvious quality in his play within the final 3rd.

Dare I say he really flourished when Tillman came off and he got to have more control of the middle of the midfield. 

I said before but I actually prefer Cantwell as a 10 rather than Tillman. He won't get you as many goals but he links the team far better and makes others around him better.

Tillman will score more, but he doesn't add that much more to the team outside of his goals and I think we've seen that in the Old Firm games especially.

Cantwell can have a very good game without scoring, but Tillman can't.

I'd like to try Tillman as a striker with Cantwell in behind him. That would be a perfect combo if we could get it to work.