Pablo Torre

Apparently we’re interested in him (for a loan deal it seems), 20 year old Barcelona midfielder.

Rangers keep an eye on Pablo Torre

The Scottish club was interested in the midfielder last summer, before his move to Barça, and could try again to incorporate him.

Pablo Torre (20) has not featured as much as expected in his first season at Barça and there is a possibility that the young midfielder could go out on loan in the summer in order to get more regular minutes and continue his growth. Xavi Hernández acknowledged that the Cantabrian is "the best player in the squad on set pieces", but despite the absentees in recent games he has not had opportunities to show his talent and a loan move could be the best solution to avoid slowing down his progression.

Despite the few minutes with the first team, Pablo Torre is still a valued player and a former suitor could resume interest in the midfielder if the exit door of Barça opens. We are talking about Scottish side Rangers, a team that tried to sign Pablo Torre last summer, but the player ended up opting for the Barça side, who paid five million euros to Racing Santander to sign him.

Rangers have been successful this season with the loan of Malik Tillman, attacking midfielder of Bayern Munich who has 12 goals in 40 games, and could repeat the formula with Pablo Torres, according to the latest information coming from Scotland. If confirmed the bet of the Rangers, Pablo Torre would have the opportunity to play in the Champions League next season.

While waiting for news, Pablo Torre is still focused on finishing the season with Barça in the best possible way and hopes to have more minutes in this final stretch of the season, with LaLiga on track.

5 hours ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Like the sound of him. Not sure it’s an area that we need a big focus on though.

He's probably better than those options, but there are so many more glaring demands on our limited budget.

That said, if Barcelona are still a financial basket-case, willing to pay his wages for the year and give us a set price...welcome Pablo!

Definitely an intriguing talent and struggling to break into the Barca first team at 19 is nothing to be ashamed about and he must have had something about him to get signed by them.

He played at Racing Santander before this and has 50+ league games under his belt with them although these were all at the third level of Spanish football so think he’ll still be quite raw.

Would need to be a loan to buy deal ala Tillman for me.

6 hours ago, middli said:

I've got a feeling Tillman isn't going to sign permanently. Just from the things that have been said about 'the player has a say in it' and him hedging his bets a bit when asked about it.

I think he'll stay at Bayern if they say he'll be involved, I think he'll sign for us if they say he won't be. And I don't think they will tell him he'll be involved because he simply won't be. I think he'll sign.