General Transfer Talk

Broxi

1 hour ago, MisterC said:

I can remember doubts about Mcgregor when he properly broke into the first team in 06/07 and look at how he turned out. McRorie hasn't put a foot wrong when he's played so he deserves a chance imo

I think the difference is McGregor was just off the back of a loan where he played 30+ games for an SPFL team and we had established keepers like Letizi and Klos still at the club. 

McCrorie's barely kicked a ball for 2 years and the only other keeper we have has already proven to not be good enough. Going into next season as him as our number one is a huge risk. 

McCrorie is a no brainer for me if the wages are to be utilised on a top striker.....if we get a better defence then for the league McCrorie will be fine based on what I have saw.....we qualified for the champions league with McLaughlin so no reason to suggest we wouldn't manage it with McCrorie 

4 hours ago, graeme_4 said:

I understand it. Do we really want to be paying big wages on a guy who’s mostly sat on the bench in recent years?

Good luck then mate, because its absolute waffle. 

2 minutes ago, 6superbarry6 said:

David Edgar saying he expects us to have a £15m budget this season plus players sales on top, that would be a very decent budget if we could shift a few for decent fees 

Should be pushing the boat out on players of a high quality then at centre back, centre mid and striker.

19 minutes ago, SkylineBlue said:

If the choice is McCrorie as number 1 or Butland on 40k then its McCrory every day if the week for me.

Fingers crossed that's not the choice.

I’m not being awkward here mate, but how have you even come to that conclusion? 

Just for the record, I do think McCrorie looks a decent keeper and i’m by no means writing him off.

That being said, the same fan base who have seen the club starved of serious investment for years now appear to be almost pushing for a young, barely proven, keeper who’s not even been our SECOND choice to be our No.1. I cant get my head around that. Based on what? A handful of games and a couple of decent saves? Our number 1? 

Then I remember its the same fans who’ve been clamouring for Lowry to be in the starting 11. 

7 minutes ago, WWTC said:

I’m not being awkward here mate, but how have you even come to that conclusion? 

It was more just me clumsily saying that I'd rather have McCrorie as number 1 than paying Butland 40k a week. 

I don't know if McCrory is actually good enough.

Just now, SkylineBlue said:

It was more just me clumsily saying that I'd rather have McCrorie as number 1 than paying Butland 40k a week. 

I’d rather have the best keeper we can reasonably afford and limit the risk of wrecking a season and potentially ruining a career. 

fuck it, McCrorie as Number 1 and Mcglaughlin as Number 2. Champions written all over it. 

Just now, WWTC said:

I’d rather have the best keeper we can reasonably afford and limit the risk of wrecking a season and potentially ruining a career. 

fuck it, McCrorie as Number 1 and Mcglaughlin as Number 2. Champions written all over it. 

Aye, me first choice is bringing in a number 1 but not breaking the wage structure.

12 minutes ago, 6superbarry6 said:

David Edgar saying he expects us to have a £15m budget this season plus players sales on top, that would be a very decent budget if we could shift a few for decent fees 

Don’t expect much in sales income tbh.

Barisic, Kamara, Colak, Davies might bring in 8-10m?

Thats the best we can hope for.

The world knows we’re having a house clearance and will want bargain prices.

2 minutes ago, Colin Traive said:

Sales in that ballpark would give us £20-25m to spend. That’s huge money for us. 

3 minutes ago, SkylineBlue said:

Aye, me first choice is bringing in a number 1 but not breaking the wage structure.

We wont break the wage structure though that’s obvious. 
So Butland within our wage structure, or McCrorie then?

1 minute ago, Colin Traive said:

Davies - 3

Hagi - 2

Kamara - 4

Barisic - 1

Colak - 1

That would be £11m. Even if people think we don't get that, we should be bringing in another £5-10m at least with any luck. In which case, a transfer budget of £20-25m is a good budget if true and there can't be any excuses not to be strong next season. 

14 minutes ago, WWTC said:

Just for the record, I do think McCrorie looks a decent keeper and i’m by no means writing him off.

That being said, the same fan base who have seen the club starved of serious investment for years now appear to be almost pushing for a young, barely proven, keeper who’s not even been our SECOND choice to be our No.1. I cant get my head around that. Based on what? A handful of games and a couple of decent saves? Our number 1? 

Then I remember its the same fans who’ve been clamouring for Lowry to be in the starting 11. 

Probably the fact he has impressed every time he has played, looks as if he is the style of keeper we want in terms of distribution and coming off his line and it allows us to invest more on other areas that badly need it.

There are very few people who want Lowry to be starting, it's certainly not something 'the fan base' has been shouting for.