General Transfer Talk

Broxi

Just now, BlueSuedeSambas said:

We are always quick to criticise but somebody will deserve massive credit if we end up with Raskin, Cifuentes and Cantwell as our midfield purely because we will have for all three for a fraction of their true value.

Empire said on FF today that this window will be all the work of Beale and John Park. Wonder if Wilson was being edged out behind the scenes a bit

18 minutes ago, The Specky Non Liar - Sometimes said:

There's not a single person said we don't need a new goalkeeper from the period you're using stats from.

Yes there is. There is 2. That’s why I wrote the original post. In reply to the post that claimed we don’t need a new gk and it’s only the attack that matters and why we’ve not won matches

22 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

Where do you even get the “22% average” figure from? 

That was the premier league average for last season. 21% was the other figure I found which was for the World Cup. 

Can only go by the video but, on the face of it, a midfield of Cantwell, Raskin, Cifuentes and Lawrence, looks promising for next season.

Jack, Lowry and either Arfield or Lundstram as back up.

Need to start hearing about progress in recruiting forwards next.

9 minutes ago, OrangeRab said:

Yes there is. There is 2. That’s why I wrote the original post. In reply to the post that claimed we don’t need a new gk and it’s only the attack that matters and why we’ve not won matches

Who wants McGregor to stay?

11 minutes ago, MisterC said:

Hearing from a contact at Firhill that we will have scouts watching the play off match there tomorrow night. Be interested to know who we're scouting, I'm hoping it's Akinyemi the Ayr striker

So actually think he’ll score some goals in our league next season, either for Ayr or a move to a midtable side. Looks big, powerful and a decent finisher. Type of player our defence has struggled against at times 

Over 700k followers

The representatives of José Cifuentes spent the whole weekend meeting with Glasgow Rangers, the offer is very strong and interesting, the fact of playing in European leagues is very attractive and there is talk that the transfer is almost a reality.

SOURCE: Cifu’s agent

2 minutes ago, Somemightsay7 said:

Cifuentes said his dream was to play for Man City or celtic.

Some staunch fans won't be happy.

From a foreign players perspective there's nothing wrong in what he's said (if he's even said it?)

8 minutes ago, The Specky Non Liar - Sometimes said:

Who wants McGregor to stay?

You can just go back and re-read the posts yourself.. anyways the OP point was we have we not won games because of our attack and not to do with McGregor. And McCrorie is fine because it’s just the attack letting us down.

My reply was we are conceding more goals b/c of McGregor (and also dropping points b/c of our attack and defence). And whilst I agree if McCrorie is as good as he’s shown for 5 matches we’re fine. But 5 matches means It’s too big a risk not to invest in another gk. Because if he turns out to be no better than McGregor or McLaughlin, those extra goals could cost us the title.

23 minutes ago, MisterC said:

Hearing from a contact at Firhill that we will have scouts watching the play off match there tomorrow night. Be interested to know who we're scouting, I'm hoping it's Akinyemi the Ayr striker

I hope not. Woeful everytime I've seen him play. Would struggle like fuck a level above.

2 minutes ago, DeanMK said:

Chat of Artem Dovbyk on FF. No real links though, just someone claiming to have heard that we're interested.

Class stats

52 goals and 14 assists in 80 games for Dnipro. 

6 goals in 15 caps for Ukraine.

Contract is up in January, so 6 months left on his deal, same as Cifuentes

9 minutes ago, OrangeRab said:

You can just go back and re-read the posts yourself.. anyways the OP point was we have we not won games because of our attack and not to do with McGregor. And McCrorie is fine because it’s just the attack letting us down.

My reply was we are conceding more goals b/c of McGregor (and also dropping points b/c of our attack and defence). And whilst I agree if McCrorie is as good as he’s shown for 5 matches we’re fine. But 5 matches means It’s too big a risk not to invest in another gk. Because if he turns out to be no better than McGregor or McLaughlin, those extra goals could cost us the title.

You're claiming people want him to stay, you show me the posts.