Gutless, spineless & clueless

hammer93

1 hour ago, Bronzy said:

This is from March 2020, yet we’re still saying the same things about these players.

Depressing.

Tav should have lost the captains armband that day. The programme notes fiasco then this result. Yes we won 55 and the SC after that but we will never be dominate again with him as captain and the shower of losers beside him 

2 minutes ago, Madina said:

Tav should have lost the captains armband that day. The programme notes fiasco then this result. Yes we won 55 and the SC after that but we will never be dominate again with him as captain and the shower of losers beside him 

I maintain that it was Gerrard’s first mistake keeping him as the captain. 

Please can we stop with the same ridiculous bed wetting after every defeat? 

We played fine. We wasted plenty of chances, had a shot cleared off the line and their keeper made a brilliant save. Aberdeen's first goal was a total fluke and the second was Barisic being Barisic and falling asleep at the back post. 

Not every defeat is some sort of colossal character failure on the part of the team - sometimes in football you just lose matches that, on the basis of performance and chances created, you should have won. It's annoying but I'd be much more concerned if we'd lost 2-0 and Aberdeen had absolutely battered us.

6 minutes ago, hammer93 said:

I take it you include Sakala in that?

We would be in worse trouble without tinman novo-sakala.

Hes a free bosman signing whos ability and composure lacks, still causes chaos, assists and scores.

Least of our worries. Hes a squad player.

Just now, SonicWill said:

We played fine. We wasted plenty of chances, had a shot cleared off the line and their keeper made a brilliant save. Aberdeen's first goal was a total fluke and the second was Barisic being Barisic and falling asleep at the back post. 

Not every defeat is some sort of colossal character failure on the part of the team - sometimes in football you just lose matches that, on the basis of performance and chances created, you should have won. It's annoying but I'd be much more concerned if we'd lost 2-0 and Aberdeen had absolutely battered us.

Feels like im watching the never ending story when i hear of baradic sleeping at the back post.

3 minutes ago, SonicWill said:

lol 

Just now, falkirkNS said:

Feels like im watching the never ending story when i hear of baradic sleeping at the back post.

I agree but it's who he is and we shouldn't be surprised. It's been evident for a few years that he lacks awareness in those situations and, at the age of 30, he's not suddenly going to improve this area of his game.

He's a player that will likely need replaced, although Yilmaz has shown absolutely nothing since he came in so it remains to be seen if he's the answer.

3 minutes ago, SonicWill said:

Get you accepting mediocrity and 2nd place finishes. Shows how far the club has fallen when the aftermath of results like this are deemed "bed wetting" 🙄

1 minute ago, SonicWill said:

I agree but it's who he is and we shouldn't be surprised. It's been evident for a few years that he lacks awareness in those situations and, at the age of 30, he's not suddenly going to improve this area of his game.

He's a player that will likely need replaced, although Yilmaz has shown absolutely nothing since he came in so it remains to be seen if he's the answer.

Devine did well in Barasic's position. The lad was playing out of his preferred position and was competent. Give me a young lad who wants to play for the team and has passion as well as the ability over an injury prone dud any day of the week 

8 minutes ago, SonicWill said:

I didn't see the game. But defeatist attitudes do fuck all. Bad day at the office blah blah blah. We shouldn't  be losing to they sheep shagging rancid cunts. Period! 

6 minutes ago, falkirkNS said:

We would be in worse trouble without tinman novo-sakala.

Hes a free bosman signing whos ability and composure lacks, still causes chaos, assists and scores.

Least of our worries. Hes a squad player.

Seriously fuck off mate....if Sakala is anywhere near our squad next season then we are fucked...the fact you think he is the least of our worries is alarming 

1 minute ago, Madina said:

Get you accepting mediocrity and 2nd place finishes. Shows how far the club has fallen when the aftermath of results like this are deemed "bed wetting" 🙄

We've won 14 out of 17 under Beale in the league and will potentially hit 90+ points, and likely top the points total we won two of our last four leagues with. If we were throwing away points left right and centre then fair enough but that's just not the case. If you expect your team to win every single match then you're deluded.

We need to strengthen and get better next year, but to claim that today was "gutless, spineless and clueless" is bed wetting. The drubbings from celtic under Gio and the 7-1 from Liverpool match that description. Today we clearly had the better chances and just didn't take them.

There's a middle ground where not every loss is the end of the world or some indication of a character defect in the squad. Sometimes it's just a loss. It happens.

4 minutes ago, hammer93 said:

Seriously fuck off mate....if Sakala is anywhere near our squad next season then we are fucked...the fact you think he is the least of our worries is alarming 

He might not be the most skillfull but at least he makes some sort of effort. Can't say that for everyone in our team. They've fucking given up! 

2 minutes ago, SonicWill said:

We've won 14 out of 17 under Beale in the league and will potentially hit 90+ points, and likely top the points total we won two of our last four leagues with. If we were throwing away points left right and centre then fair enough but that's just not the case. If you expect your team to win every single match then you're deluded.

We need to strengthen and get better next year, but to claim that today was "gutless, spineless and clueless" is bed wetting. The drubbings from celtic under Gio and the 7-1 from Liverpool match that description. Today we clearly had the better chances and just didn't take them.

There's a middle ground where not every loss is the end of the world or some indication of a character defect in the squad. Sometimes it's just a loss. It happens.

The proof in the pudding will be nxt Sunday. Separate the shitebags from the players that want to be here. 

1 minute ago, Leftpegcoopz11 said:

He might not be the most skillfull but at least he makes some sort of effort. Can't say that for everyone in our team. They've fucking given up! 

They did not give up today. One of the last acts of the game today was Tillman winning a foul after chasing back into his own half to nick the ball away from an Aberdeen player. This happened one minute after Arfield had sprinted back and cut out a pass across our box which could well have made it 3-0.

There was nothing wrong with the application today, just the finishing and (in Borna's case) the defensive awareness.

7 minutes ago, SonicWill said:

The games we didnt win were the games that mattered though 🙄

1 minute ago, SonicWill said:

They did not give up today. One of the last acts of the game today was Tillman winning a foul after chasing back into his own half to nick the ball away from an Aberdeen player. This happened one minute after Arfield had sprinted back and cut out a pass across our box which could well have made it 3-0.

There was nothing wrong with the application today, just the finishing and (in Borna's case) the defensive awareness.

Like I said, didn't see the game today so can't slag players. I'll leave that to others. 

Irrespective, if we want to win titles, that doesn't wash. Should, coulda, woulda. Who gives a fuck mate, we got beat off a team that we should be pumping. If our standards have slipped that much. Sad day. 

Just now, Madina said:

The games we didnt win were the games that mattered though 🙄

The game against Aberdeen mattered no more than the games against any team other than celtic. You can make a case that they're a historic rival but they're not competing with us in the table so it's hardly a six-pointer.

We were a couple of minutes from beating celtic at home and, bar terrible refereeing and two absolute shitshow individual errors, would have gotten at least a point at their stadium. celtic are currently a better team than us and that's where we need to improve in the summer. The only performance/result combo under Beale that has been totally unacceptable was the League Cup final - I'll grant you that. Otherwise, in every game either the performance, the result or both has been okay in my eyes.

Just now, SonicWill said:

The game against Aberdeen mattered no more than the games against any team other than celtic. You can make a case that they're a historic rival but they're not competing with us in the table so it's hardly a six-pointer.

We were a couple of minutes from beating celtic at home and, bar terrible refereeing and two absolute shitshow individual errors, would have gotten at least a point at their stadium. celtic are currently a better team than us and that's where we need to improve in the summer. The only performance/result combo under Beale that has been totally unacceptable was the League Cup final - I'll grant you that. Otherwise, in every game either the performance, the result or both has been okay in my eyes.

🤣 you're at it. 

In Jan we could have cut the gap to 6 points if we'd held out for a win. Psychologically that could have went a long way. The final we looked beaten walking out the tunnel. The Prem is dross compared to previous seasons, so realistically the OF games go a long way to deciding the title. Just because Gio dropped points v dung like Ross county etc, that shouldnt be the barometer we measure ourselves on. For me it will always be games like celtic and the sheep 

2 minutes ago, SonicWill said:

Shoulda, coulda, woulda doesn't win you titles mate, you're failing to understand that. 

We  need quite a major overall. Look at the state they were in after 55. We've went backwards. One of the culprits of that is gone, but the other Specky wee cunt remains, but should be Jettisoned! 

5 hours ago, bluenoz said:

We don't have any choice until we make summer signings. The team is decimated by injuries. Unless you think bringing on young Lovelace at Pittodrie is the answer.

When you bring on Matondo & Arfield to make a difference, you realize the task at hand.

The point is more that some of these guys should’ve been out the door ages ago 

Just off the top of my head McGregor, Barisic, Jack, Arfield, Morelos, Kent all way past their sell by