Gutless, spineless & clueless

hammer93

6 minutes ago, falkirkNS said:

Thats where we are at,

Go with fatboy morelos and get another doing or sakala who will actually run the lines and close down and try get in behind.

Too many of our support are stuck in 2020 with morelos.

Where he still was shite

3 minutes ago, MacBoyd said:

Where he still was shite

His finishing was shite, correct.

On another day he scores, thats the reality with him. Hes gonna struggle where negativity is high and serial losers vibes about auchemhowie etc.

Only player who caused problems yesterday, ran the lines, got in behind their backline, linked play.

Thats what you get with a bosman signing whos not the finished article.

Fatboy morelos doesn do any that, his heads already in warmer climates. Sad stuff.

1 minute ago, falkirkNS said:

On another day he scores, thats the reality with him. Hes gonna struggle where negativity is high and serial losers vibes about auchemhowie etc.

The game wasn’t played on another day. On the day we needed him to finish it, he shat the bed. 

Bottom line is none of our forwards are clinical enough, can’t wait until I never have to watch Morelos dropping 40 yards to do nothing and being unable to attack the box again.

Sakala is the best of a bad bunch, but he’s shite as well. Although at least he can run the length of himself. 

9 hours ago, SonicWill said:

The game against Aberdeen mattered no more than the games against any team other than celtic. You can make a case that they're a historic rival but they're not competing with us in the table so it's hardly a six-pointer.

We were a couple of minutes from beating celtic at home and, bar terrible refereeing and two absolute shitshow individual errors, would have gotten at least a point at their stadium. celtic are currently a better team than us and that's where we need to improve in the summer. The only performance/result combo under Beale that has been totally unacceptable was the League Cup final - I'll grant you that. Otherwise, in every game either the performance, the result or both has been okay in my eyes.

I agree with most of what you’ve against thr game yesterday but agains them at Ibrox they equalised with 10 minutes to play due to the 7 minutes injury time so it wasn’t just a few minutes.

11 hours ago, hammer93 said:

Tommy McLean was caretaker manager that day if it is the same game you are talking about 

Probably. I was at Tommy's first match,a 2-1 defeat at home to the filth. I think Jock Wallace rejoined the club shortly after that,I'll never forget his first game back at Rangers,a home game v Dundee United who had a strong side back then. A packed Ibrox greeting Jock and Alex Totten. You just knew that day Rangers were to big a club to stay down for long and Jock duly delivered more silverware. Some stand out memories from back then,the overhead kick from Bobby Williamson beating the tarriers,the 3-2 LC final win against them,beating Dundee United in the LC final with an Ian Ferguson goal (the Dundee Ferguson as opposed to the St Mirren one). We had a couple of top quality players Bobby Russell and Coops but what the rest lacked in quality they made up in pride and effort. Souness of course followed and the rest is history. 

I know it sounds harsh but I've never detested a bunch of Rangers players as much as I do this current lot. Gutless spineless clueless but I'd add in pride less as well. Majority don't get what it means to wear a Rangers shirt. 

Just now, The Beast said:

It's the John Bennet mentality.

Many fans under 30 don't remember us being the dominant force in Scottish football season after season. They've been raised on failure and being second best.

It's a boardroom and executive board built for 2nd place and balancing books, fearful of what happened in 2012. This is carried on through the staff and then to the players. 

1 hour ago, graeme_4 said:

Bottom line is none of our forwards are clinical enough, can’t wait until I never have to watch Morelos dropping 40 yards to do nothing and being unable to attack the box again.

Sakala is the best of a bad bunch, but he’s shite as well. Although at least he can run the length of himself. 

him falling on his face instead of going towards the ball for that first goal summed his performance up. 

15 hours ago, Davidorrp said:

I remember fondly the days of Goughs and Browns, McCalls and McCoists and Hatelys and the rest all having a go at each for sloppy play or moments. Remember McCoist running back half the pitch to have a go at Gascoigne. . Winners, who had standards and were greedy to win. 

Then you watch that 2nd goal today  and Borna turns and looks at Davies with his hands out and Davies shoulders and head down just walks away. No fight, no anger, nothing.

And they aren’t the only ones. Not even professional pride. 

nothing worse for fans than watching that. 

edit: McGregor sometimes shows his anger with players and sloppy moments. Think most of the team ignore him tho.

Remember the blowups with ferguson in the dressing room after a shit result. 

That is the sort of attitude we need from our on the field leader.

4 minutes ago, crazy bob swollenbaws said:

Remember the blowups with ferguson in the dressing room after a shit result. 

That is the sort of attitude we need from our on the field leader.

Even going back a few years, look at Wallace and Miller. Went tonto after an OF defeat and were chastised for it. Now you have shitebags like Tav coming out with empty words after each OF disappointment about how we will see the real Rangers the next game etc etc. Scunnering 

3 hours ago, falkirkNS said:

Only player who caused problems yesterday, ran the lines, got in behind their backline, linked play.

Thats what you get with a bosman signing whos not the finished article.

Fatboy morelos doesn do any that, his heads already in warmer climates. Sad stuff.

Sakala was howling yesterday, wasn’t the only one as after 30 minutes you could have subbed off most of the team.

However, he blew the best chance of the period that we were dominant, prior to that had two chances to play in Morelos but like an excited puppy he trundled one at goal and nearly hit me in Glasgow with the other.

When he plays through the middle he consistently is caught offside as he’s either too lazy or too stupid to understand how offside works.

Your comment about on another day is symptomatic to the whole team that on their day they are a good player, where is the consistency?

We are not in a position to rely on players who sometimes do it and sometimes don’t, Sakala is the poster boy for where we are at.

He’s 26 this is the best Sakala will be, this isn’t a kid at 20 who is a bit rough but will make better choices with experience.

46 minutes ago, ayro said:

Sakala was howling yesterday, wasn’t the only one as after 30 minutes you could have subbed off most of the team.

However, he blew the best chance of the period that we were dominant, prior to that had two chances to play in Morelos but like an excited puppy he trundled one at goal and nearly hit me in Glasgow with the other.

When he plays through the middle he consistently is caught offside as he’s either too lazy or too stupid to understand how offside works.

Your comment about on another day is symptomatic to the whole team that on their day they are a good player, where is the consistency?

We are not in a position to rely on players who sometimes do it and sometimes don’t, Sakala is the poster boy for where we are at.

He’s 26 this is the best Sakala will be, this isn’t a kid at 20 who is a bit rough but will make better choices with experience.

Someone should tell that to Iain Ferguson on RTV. Every game referring to him as "young Fashion JR". 

If we are been truthful here how many actually believed Sakala would score when he raced through.....the answer will be not many...here lies the problem, we simply cannot rely on such players if we want to be successful, yes he tries hard and runs about but he is a terrible footballer with zero composure, sad to say but he is never Rangers class but he is not alone in this criticism as we have too many with similar traits

38 minutes ago, hammer93 said:

If we are been truthful here how many actually believed Sakala would score when he raced through.....the answer will be not many...here lies the problem, we simply cannot rely on such players if we want to be successful, yes he tries hard and runs about but he is a terrible footballer with zero composure, sad to say but he is never Rangers class but he is not alone in this criticism as we have too many with similar traits

He was a wilson signing onviously and gerrard project.

In reality, hes a good squad player to have and would be happy to be a squad player.

2 minutes ago, falkirkNS said:

He was a wilson signing onviously and gerrard project.

In reality, hes a good squad player to have and would be happy to be a squad player.

Mate he simply isn't good enough....we can't rely on him to produce the goods when it matters....that includes him as a squad option....just say he doesn't start next week and we trailing 1-0....do you seriously have the faith that we could bring Sakala on and he will win us the game....I know I don't 

5 minutes ago, hammer93 said:

Mate he simply isn't good enough....we can't rely on him to produce the goods when it matters....that includes him as a squad option....just say he doesn't start next week and we trailing 1-0....do you seriously have the faith that we could bring Sakala on and he will win us the game....I know I don't 

I agree he’s just not very good, however he does provide something different. Morelos will drop short and get involved in the play, but won’t scare them by running in behind.

6 hours ago, graeme_4 said:

Yes, we had enough chances to win the game our strikers just are not good enough.