Make Cantwell captain.

beararse

10 minutes ago, Stunels said:

This is nonsense captains are absolutely crucial to the team's mentality.  Tav is a loser and Rangers will be losers for as long as he holds the role.  The rebuild starts with changing the captaincy.  Disagree with the Cantwell shout, however.  

So does Sakala score today if we have another captain?

1 minute ago, KeyserSoze said:

Lol

So let’s see.
Goldson’s the captain, does Sakala score then? Morelos runs about a bit more? 
it’s the biggest myth in football. 

mcgregor will be seen as a great captain because all their players are better than us and have won more whilst he’s been captain. Not because he’s made them better, they are self motivated and the correct characters to win stuff

Who knows if that game wouldve gone differently.  I know for sure that Tav has captained failure after failure.  If you dont see the work a captain does then I dont see the point in this argument as I dont see any way I could see eye to eye with the way you understand the game. 

2 minutes ago, Stunels said:

Who knows if that game wouldve gone differently.  I know for sure that Tav has captained failure after failure.  If you dont see the work a captain does then I dont see the point in this argument as I dont see any way I could see eye to eye with the way you understand the game. 

Is Harry Kane a terrible captain?

3 minutes ago, Stunels said:

So if Tav captained players that were winners  and can graft and battle for each other he would be a good captain?

2 minutes ago, beararse said:

Not sure what your point is here.

You taking offence to him referring to a ‘project’?  
If so, that seems a bit daft.

Only in the context of becoming captain of Rangers.  I don't think you can lose an OF match and describe Rangers winning against them as a 'project'.  It was discussed at the time.

4 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

So does Sakala score today if we have another captain?

Might not need Sakala to score if we had another captain. The game plan, or the application of the game plan, might have changed the game up to that point.

The fact is we have won very little and lost a lot under the current captain. Goldson has also been an ever present in a team winning practically nothing.

Need fresh impetus.

Looking at what we have to hand, Cantwell stands out by a country mile. Passionate, full of drive and energy, clearly a very good footballer, confident in his own abilities and very comfortable dealing with the media. 

Ticks a lot of boxes IMO.

5 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

So if Tav captained players that were winners  and can graft and battle for each other he would be a good captain?

If he could inspire players to be winners and grafters then yes, otherwise no.

6 minutes ago, Inigo said:

IP comes.from the fact that Cantwell was one of the few to show assertiveness and self confidence today. Went about it with the right attitude, unlike many. So I get the sentiment.

He’s been a standout in practically all the games he’s played in. Ran himself into the ground last week too.

5 minutes ago, beararse said:

Might not need Sakala to score if we had another captain. The game plan, or the application of the game plan, might have changed the game up to that point.

The fact is we have won very little and lost a lot under the current captain. Goldson has also been an ever present in a team winning practically nothing.

Need fresh impetus.

Looking at what we have to hand, Cantwell stands out by a country mile. Passionate, full of drive and energy, clearly a very good footballer, confident in his own abilities and very comfortable dealing with the media. 

Ticks a lot of boxes IMO.

It's absolutely mental to put all that down to Tav being captain. But honestly it's equally as mental to make a guy just in the door who has probably played just above average so far as captain.

9 minutes ago, blaudrup said:

Only in the context of becoming captain of Rangers.  I don't think you can lose an OF match and describe Rangers winning against them as a 'project'.  It was discussed at the time.

I’d rather have a captain who considers Rangers an exciting ‘project’ than one who publicly admits we can’t handle pressure.