The confidence in Michael Beale

Smile

Tbh beale really needed a trophy last season to lay down some form of marker, he had a chance at two and lost both to the tarriers 

What may give him some breathing room is fatty leaving for spurs and them bringing tranny guy back, this season beale needs to finish the season with us still ahead in trophy count (preferably with the title) anything less and he has failed and serious questions need asked of him

44 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

This season coming he needs a trophy, or he can GTF. If he can’t beat them, then he’s not good enough. 

If we are accepting that we’ll always be second best, then shut the fucking doors.

Its a difficult job to overturn them, but that’s his remit. Do you think Walter rocked up with a less budget and set second place as his target? Absolutely not - “nae dough 2 in a row”. 

He has to win it I'm far from convinced after the cups and the way we chucked it so easily against them bar the game when they had won the league.

We all want to win the league. Tbh I don't want them winning cups, but the league is what I'll be judging Beale' future on.

But the OP wanted Beale sacked already. Bring a new manager in and start again.

Others seem to have given him this season, regardless of things like transfer budget deficit. They see ripping it up next summer and starting again as better than Beale. Some will give him a pass if he gets a cup.

Others look more at the 2 year term, as long as we don't seem to be completely imploding. Not sure anyone is talking about 3 full seasons to win it even though that's his contracted tenure.

It's not about accepting defeat which the last few pages seem to be about. Its about what we individually think is the best option for getting success soonest with all things factored in. Its guesswork and gut feeling until the season starts.

36 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

We all want to win the league. Tbh I don't want them winning cups, but the league is what I'll be judging Beale' future on.

But the OP wanted Beale sacked already. Bring a new manager in and start again.

Others seem to have given him this season, regardless of things like transfer budget deficit. They see ripping it up next summer and starting again as better than Beale. Some will give him a pass if he gets a cup.

Others look more at the 2 year term, as long as we don't seem to be completely imploding. Not sure anyone is talking about 3 full seasons to win it even though that's his contracted tenure.

It's not about accepting defeat which the last few pages seem to be about. Its about what we infividually think is the best option for getting success soonest with all things factored in. Its guesswork and gut feeling until the season starts.

The issue is, how is beale judged, last season and 2nd half of previous season the tarriers had form that was almost unheard of, we managed it once in the title season and the tarriers pre covid managed it for 8 weels give or take after the winter break

But last season especially they were domestically untouchable until the league was over

If we get to new year and say we are 6-9pts behind them due to them only dropping say 2pts domestically (say we draw first OF game) how do we judge that

Do we say "give it time" etc etc, or is it "bye bye beale" 

Not even walter managed a season where we were untouchable domestically until the title was done, both stints he'd have some losses and draws early in season, 

37 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

The issue is, how is beale judged, last season and 2nd half of previous season the tarriers had form that was almost unheard of, we managed it once in the title season and the tarriers pre covid managed it for 8 weels give or take after the winter break

But last season especially they were domestically untouchable until the league was over

If we get to new year and say we are 6-9pts behind them due to them only dropping say 2pts domestically (say we draw first OF game) how do we judge that

Do we say "give it time" etc etc, or is it "bye bye beale" 

Not even walter managed a season where we were untouchable domestically until the title was done, both stints he'd have some losses and draws early in season, 

It's up to each individual. Stick or twist and replace. Whatever you think is best to get us a title.

But no-one is accepting defeat imo which is rhe recent gist of some posts. Some are arguably being more realistic about the uphill battle faced. 

And interestingly some of the twist and start all over again don't even name who this solution should be, just not the current guy.

I do find  it baffling how few seem to be taking transfer budget into account. If we spend X .and Rodgers gets 2 or 3 times that then I think that needs factored in. Whilst acknowledging like with Gerrard Beale will have to punch above his weight to win a league.

A few have mentioned Walter now. They may try but we'll never see another Walter again and it's an impossible comparison for any manager to get close to.

16 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

It's up to each individual. Stick or twist and replace. Whatever you think is best to get us a title.

But no-one is accepting defeat imo which is rhe recent gist of some posts. Some are arguably being more realistic about the uphill battle faced. 

And interestingly some of the twist and start all over again don't even name who this solution should be, just not the current guy.

I do find  it baffling how few seem to be taking transfer budget into account. If we spend X .and Rodgers gets 2 or 3 times that then I think that needs factored in. Whilst acknowledging like with Gerrard Beale,will have to punch above his weight.

A few have mentioned Walter now. They may try but we'll never see another Walter again and it's an impossible comparison for any manager to get close to.

Like in my example though, transfer budget is a red herring if we are matching them in OF games but shitting the bed against teams who spend less on wages than we spend on some players, 

If the tarriers take 6 off st johnstone at the piggery and we scrape a 2-1 win or drop points is that due to the budget or due to the management and players? 

1 hour ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Like in my example though, transfer budget is a red herring if we are matching them in OF games but shitting the bed against teams who spend less on wages than we spend on some players, 

If the tarriers take 6 off st johnstone at the piggery and we scrape a 2-1 win or drop points is that due to the budget or due to the management and players? 

I dont really agree with the point you are making to be honest.

All teams will have off days, where their quality is not at their peak.

The higher the budget you have, the better your players SHOULD be, which gives you more room to have an off day and still come away with 3 points.

When Walter was our manager, in the 9iar era, we would still drop points to teams who were payed significantly less than us. That did not make our team shit or a failure from the management. Its just that the team had an off day.

I think there were even seasons in the 9iar where they might have had the better results in Old Firms, yet we wen ton to comfortably win the league.

The better quality in a team, the less often they should be punished by having 'off days'. Its not just about how the teams do when they play each other.

2 hours ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Transfer budget isn't a red herring ffs. Its a critical factor in improving the options available for you to sign to improve your squad.

It's not the ONLY important factor. But it's not a red herring ffs.

Our intention is to beat them across the city on points. Do it we win the league.  How we do it and who we accumulate more points against is fairly irrelevant. But if that mob have more saleable assets, a bigger revenue and spend more on transfers then its advantage them and an uphill struggle for Beale (which ultimately he'll still need to overcome).

2 hours ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

I dont really agree with the point you are making to be honest.

All teams will have off days, where their quality is not at their peak.

The higher the budget you have, the better your players SHOULD be, which gives you more room to have an off day and still come away with 3 points.

When Walter was our manager, in the 9iar era, we would still drop points to teams who were payed significantly less than us. That did not make our team shit or a failure from the management. Its just that the team had an off day.

I think there were even seasons in the 9iar where they might have had the better results in Old Firms, yet we wen ton to comfortably win the league.

The better quality in a team, the less often they should be punished by having 'off days'. Its not just about how the teams do when they play each other.

58 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Transfer budget isn't a red herring ffs. Its a critical factor in improving the options available for you to sign to improve your squad.

It's not the ONLY important factor. But it's not a red herring ffs.

Our intention is to beat them across the city on points. Do it we win the league.  How we do it and who we accumulate more points against is fairly irrelevant. But if that mob have more saleable assets, a bigger revenue and spend more on transfers then its advantage them and an uphill struggle for Beale (which ultimately he'll still need to overcome).

You two missed my point

If we spend 20mill and rodgers spends 30mill, then arguably they would be looking to be favourites for the OF games etc 

However, its been games like livi home, st johnstone away that have done us, where our transfer spend absolutely dwarves theirs

So again, if we are behind the tarriers at xmas, having matched them in the OF game(s) but dropped silly points against the jobbers, is the budget really a reason to give the manager leeway

Use my example again, if the tarriers pump at johnstone by 6 and we scrape by or drop points, is it the budget or is it the players and management

3 hours ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

All 3

22 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Why all 3, do you think the difference between 20mill spend and 30mill spend is 5 goals or a points or 3 against st johnstone? 

Not sure what you mean at the end. But yeh more money should mean more goals, less goals conceded and higher expected points.

We’re better than every other team in the league but not by enough that we will win every game over the season.

I didn't want him and I'm no his biggest fan, but if we keep up the post-WC form through next season and even end up losing the league because they beat us one more time than we beat them then that's improvement and forgivable. 

Should always be, at the very least, pushing all the way. 

1 hour ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

You two missed my point

If we spend 20mill and rodgers spends 30mill, then arguably they would be looking to be favourites for the OF games etc 

However, its been games like livi home, st johnstone away that have done us, where our transfer spend absolutely dwarves theirs

So again, if we are behind the tarriers at xmas, having matched them in the OF game(s) but dropped silly points against the jobbers, is the budget really a reason to give the manager leeway

Use my example again, if the tarriers pump at johnstone by 6 and we scrape by or drop points, is it the budget or is it the players and management

Ive not missed your point, I just dont agree with it.

All over the world, teams who are massive favourites will have off days against weaker teams who are payed far less.

The bigger the gulf in spend, the less likely the upset is going to happen.

Swap it from being us and them. Instead think of it as us and the sheep. Im assuming Aberdeen have the 3rd biggest budget, but if not, just pretend they do for the sake of the argument.

We have a bigger budget than Aberdeen. Yet Aberdeen have a bigger budget than Livingston.

Aberdeen would be underdogs against us in matches, but they would be favourites against Livingston.

I would not be expecting Aberdeen to be only about 12 points behind us in the league (the 12 points we take off them).

The gulf between us and Aberdeen is obviously bigger than that of us and celtic, but the point still stands. The bigger the gulf in budget, if recruiting is roughly similar, then the size of the difference in budget affects the likelihood oh dropping points.