Need to start offloading

On 07/07/2023 at 16:02, hammer93 said:

@AGM_72

I didn't miss read @plymouthranger did suggest 60/70% of their value....again if that was to yield between 10-12million I think we would be OK with that

At a rough estimate 

Colak 2million max

Hagi 3million max

Kamara 3million max

Davies 3million max

Those funds would be massive, we could have had a major overhaul for a net spend of 7-8 million

Worrying we don't appear to have a proper bid in for any of our players.

17 minutes ago, Ted E Bayer said:

Worrying we don't appear to have a proper bid in for any of our players.

That's my point through this whole scenario.....some on here are burying their heads in the sand predicting bidding wars ffs:lol:

16 minutes ago, Bad Robot said:

How long until the window shuts as buying clubs might be trying to see how desperate we get ?

Sure we've still got until the end of August.

It shows you how well we've done in getting players in early.

Your point can be looked at two ways, the first in what you're saying about us being desperate, but the flipside is that we've done the bulk of our buying and we hold the power in terms of clubs wanting to buy our players. We can keep them holding on a little and get the best we can. 

3 minutes ago, Negri's lovechild said:

Sure we've still got until the end of August.

It shows you how well we've done in getting players in early.

Your point can be looked at two ways, the first in what you're saying about us being desperate, but the flipside is that we've done the bulk of our buying and we hold the power in terms of clubs wanting to buy our players. We can keep them holding on a little and get the best we can. 

So plenty of time and yes it shows we’ve done our homework and got most in early.

I’m quite happy to let some go just to get rid of the wages but the ones who do have value like GK and Colak, I don’t think it’s all that bad if we don’t let them go and should hold out on what we think they’re worth. 

On 08/07/2023 at 18:06, hammer93 said:

That's my point through this whole scenario.....some on here are burying their heads in the sand predicting bidding wars ffs:lol:

Also doesnt mean if its not in media stuff in background isnt happening. Suspect we will sell a couple (not the value some people are expecting on here) then others will go on loan moves last min end of Window 

If buying clubs know a player is no longer wanted at their current club, then nobody is likely to offer market value - something around 75% would be good business for all parties.  The fact nobody is knocking our door down for players makes it even more likely that we'll have to accept a smaller than ideal % for players we no longer see part of our longer term plans.  

Nobody pays top dollar for players that are surplus to requirements at a club doing a major rebuild.  IMO.  

We'll get £12m tops for Colak, Kamara, Davies, Wright and Hagi.