Your bold predictions for the season?

graeme_4

I liked what I saw last night. Newcastle will be one of the elite teams in Europe this year. 

The squad of 20 or so players is so much stronger than in previous years.

And we still have Lawrence, Goldson, Dessers & Roofe to bring in and probably Cifuentes.

Feeling very optimistic.

26 minutes ago, stuart1994 said:

That this will be Raskin’s one and only full season with us. 

Same goes for Cantwell if they both perform to the level we have had glimpses of in a short space of time 

If they leave with us having done a quadruple then they go with my blessings 

3 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

I liked what I saw last night. Newcastle will be one of the elite teams in Europe this year. 

The squad of 20 or so players is so much stronger than in previous years.

And we still have Lawrence, Goldson, Dessers & Roofe to bring in and probably Cifuentes.

Feeling very optimistic.

I think they will drop off massively this season.

They still have to be mindful and juggle because of FFP so they can’t just go out and spend and they have to balance the champions league and the Premier League, which is never easy for non elite clubs who break into that tournament. 

17 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

I think they will drop off massively this season.

They still have to be mindful and juggle because of FFP so they can’t just go out and spend and they have to balance the champions league and the Premier League, which is never easy for non elite clubs who break into that tournament. 

It’s bold predictions 

3 minutes ago, Blue Nosed Babe said:

Yes, Patrick McGuire is tenacious

What can you see being a likely outcome?

The majority of us expect them to pay money to the victims at some stage and that’ll be that. As someone involved with law, what can you realistically see being the punishment beyond that?

15 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

What can you see being a likely outcome?

The majority of us expect them to pay money to the victims at some stage and that’ll be that. As someone involved with law, what can you realistically see being the punishment beyond that?

Sadly in the civil courts money is all they will be able to get. The more interesting thing will be what the judge says in the judgement. If the judgement is very critical, it will damage reputations and could be used to apply pressure for enquiries into celtic. A Holyrood election in 2026 may even see this hit manifestos not to mention sponsorship issues, Nike dropped Hockey Canada over the poor handling of sex abuse and they never got sued, i think.

Furthermore if celtic appeal and lose, it will likely be a 5 or 7 bencher up here which makes it precedent so others could come forward. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 18/07/2023 at 18:35, DiamondDan said:

Cantwell's good run of form to fade once the honeymoon period is over.

Sterling or Lammers to be the new whipping boy.

Leon King' importance and ability to be vastly over egged.......until he returns from injury.

Lowry to be shipped out.

Dessers to be top scorer.

Season not even kicked off and 2 are looking good already 😎

Beale to be gone by Christmas with the league essentially over.. new manager to maybe get a cup if we still in them. Tav to hide from the media. Raskin to get injured. Sima, barasic,lundstram to keep getting game time. Cantwell to turn into the new Kent with lots of talk but big inconsistent performances. Could go on...