*****Rangers v Ολυμπιακός*****

G.E.C.

2 minutes ago, Swagger said:

The point about the midfield is a big concern. We can write Lundstrum off because he is rotten and Jack only gets fit for Scotland squads. Who knows how the new guy will settle so any kind of injury to Raskin and we are incredibly short. 

I love a good conspiracy theory but no way Jack gets fit to go and get booed by the Tartan Trannies. That’s proper Masochism and he should seek help if true 😂

6 minutes ago, Swagger said:

The point about the midfield is a big concern. We can write Lundstrum off because he is rotten and Jack only gets fit for Scotland squads. Who knows how the new guy will settle so any kind of injury to Raskin and we are incredibly short. 

Only gets fit with them even when he gets injured with them? 

1 minute ago, ForeverAndEver said:

We’ve been piss poor for the vast majority of the 180 minutes tbf

Looked fitter with forward players with decent movement and actually trying to get in to positions.

Making out like we are no further forward was just nonsense. You’d think we’d been pumped of Kilmarnock, rather than a friendly where it sounds like the players are being run in to the ground to get fitness up.

Just read the last few pages and it is all rather depressing.

I did not see that performance coming before the game tonight, it was really poor and can only hope it makes M B and the players realise how much they need to get their act together.

We also still have players who should not be in our squad never mind the starting 11, most of them have been mentioned already in the previous posts. 

We have to hope for a huge improvement on Sat.

14 minutes ago, westenclosure2008 said:

What have you seen that suggests we’re better than last season under Beale? I’m very hopeful that we are going to be better but no evidence of that at all.

They look fitter already, closing down teams and more inventive. Butland will be better than McGregor.

Far more energy in the middle now too. We’ve signed 7 players with another two on the way, anyone who thought they’d click instantly has likely had a lobotomy.

16 minutes ago, westenclosure2008 said:

What have you seen that suggests we’re better than last season under Beale? I’m very hopeful that we are going to be better but no evidence of that at all.

You mean that bar Aberdeen beating us only lost to the Papes in the cup? And through dodgy officiating in the league game at the chamber? 

6 minutes ago, J-Maestro said:

Looked fitter with forward players with decent movement and actually trying to get in to positions.

Making out like we are no further forward was just nonsense. You’d think we’d been pumped of Kilmarnock, rather than a friendly where it sounds like the players are being run in to the ground to get fitness up.

Performance wise we’re not really though, Imo. Which means nothing since it’s pre season 

2 minutes ago, J-Maestro said:

They look fitter already, closing down teams and more inventive. Butland will be better than McGregor.

Far more energy in the middle now too. We’ve signed 7 players with another two on the way, anyone who thought they’d click instantly has likely had a lobotomy.

Look fitter? How did you come to that conclusion? I like your positivity but your argument is based on nothing but hope. Butland being better than McGregor is hope, he could be worse. There is no evidence to suggest he’ll be better yet. Again being more inventive is hope, no evidence to suggest that. We created an alarmingly few number of chances in all the friendlies. To keep with the trend I hope you’re right.

Tonight was dreadful but people really need to get a grip

A couple of seasons ago we got beat by Tranmere yet drew with Arsenal and beat Madrid, it's really not important. If we don't up it against Killie and Genk/Servette we can start to have a moan.

Imo the only thing worth worrying about just now is the left hand side of the defence. 

5 minutes ago, RFC55 said:

You mean that bar Aberdeen beating us only lost to the Papes in the cup? And through dodgy officiating in the league game at the chamber? 

Pretty much yeah. We didn’t do well enough in the big games but all very positive under Beale except that . If we want to kick on we need to be better than that. Do we not? We all want to see us improve and my concern at the moment is that we don’t look anywhere near as structured or have improved. We need the new players to be a step up on last year and the jury is well and truly out at the moment. A perfect example is that I would play Sakala ahead of Sima just now. The same Sakala that missed an open goal in the cup against them. That shouldn’t even be a debate!

Just now, westenclosure2008 said:

Pretty much yeah. We didn’t do well enough in the big games but all very positive under Beale except that . If we want to kick on we need to be better than that. Do we not? We all want to see us improve and my concern at the moment is that we don’t look anywhere near as structured or have improved. We need the new players to be a step up on last year and the jury is well and truly out at the moment. A perfect example is that I would play Sakala ahead of Sima just now. The same Sakala that missed an open goal in the cup against them. That shouldn’t even be a debate!

You’d play sakala? He missed two of the worst sitters I’ve ever seen live in both the cup games we lost

Just now, RFC55 said:

You’d play sakala? He missed two of the worst sitters I’ve ever seen live in both the cup games we lost

At present I’ve seen more from him than Sima. Sakala has also scored the same number of goals against them than Morelos did. I’m not a massive fan of Sakala and that’s pretty much my point. He’s so limited as a player and if we are improving then a 1 million pound loan signing valued at £6m should look so much better than him. The fact that I can put an argument up for Sakala highlights how poor Sima has looked. Your argument is based on the fact that you expect him to be better. Nobody can say just now that he looks a better player. I’m praying that time shows you to be right but I wouldn’t be putting my money on it.

14 minutes ago, The Specky Non Liar - Sometimes said:

Tonight was dreadful but people really need to get a grip

A couple of seasons ago we got beat by Tranmere yet drew with Arsenal and beat Madrid, it's really not important. If we don't up it against Killie and Genk/Servette we can start to have a moan.

Imo the only thing worth worrying about just now is the left hand side of the defence. 

Aye if we can replace Davies and stop playing Barisic I’ll be happy. 

4 minutes ago, westenclosure2008 said:

At present I’ve seen more from him than Sima. Sakala has also scored the same number of goals against them than Morelos did. I’m not a massive fan of Sakala and that’s pretty much my point. He’s so limited as a player and if we are improving then a 1 million pound loan signing valued at £6m should look so much better than him. The fact that I can put an argument up for Sakala highlights how poor Sima has looked. Your argument is based on the fact that you expect him to be better. Nobody can say just now that he looks a better player. I’m praying that time shows you to be right but I wouldn’t be putting my money on it.

So we can forgive that but not a guys performance in friendlies? 

4 minutes ago, RFC55 said:

So we can forgive that but not a guys performance in friendlies? 

I’m not saying that it is unforgivable and writing him off but if we had a big game at the weekend I’d me more inclined to play Sakala. He’s looked more of a threat in the pre season games. As I say I hope time proves me to be in the wrong but I just expected to see a bit more quality from Sima than we’ve seen so far.