***** The Official Servette v Rangers Champions League Qualifier Match Thread *****

PromDeAnglais

25 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

Wright helps us meet the homegrown quota for this round, Motando doesn’t. Not hard to understand and nothing pathetic about it at all really.

if it's purely down to the homegrown issue then that issue takes care of itself

but what if he had gone how would that affected that issue? would we have needed to list a youngster from the reserves?

i'll admit i'm not sure as whenever questions gets asked you get three different answers

5 hours ago, Smile said:

We wont lose this they are a very average team and I'm sure we will get goals against them.

It suits us as they have to come out to win.

The one goal advantage suits us no matter what.  They won't be that risk averse IMHO - they know we can score and will want to avoid conceding too. At one goal down they know a set piece, a mistake or one good attack brings it level.  We still need to score at least once to put the tie beyond them and they'll hope that they can catch us on the break or a ball over the top with our lack of pace in defence as well.   

28 minutes ago, Rowley Birkin said:

but what if he had gone how would that affected that issue? would we have needed to list a youngster from the reserves?

i'll admit i'm not sure as whenever questions gets asked you get three different answers

A youngster from the reserve is automatically included iirc, so the spot would still effectively be free if wright left

1 hour ago, Smile said:

Yes, they may do I'm hoping their first sell out crowd makes them push forward looking for a goal and we finish the game quite quickly.

We have enough to beat them as I never saw much from them to think they could trouble us but we have all thought that and been wrong, Not this time though. 

It will be like an SPFL away game then? Only there to see the Rangers. :lol:

It should be like an SPFL game against one of the lesser teams. As we know though, they can sometimes trip you up away from home. Probably use the same tactics as I outlined earlier. 

I won't feel comfortable until we score the first goal. Let them come at us after that and our quality will shine through. 

14 minutes ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

It will be like an SPFL away game then? Only there to see the Rangers. :lol:

It should be like an SPFL game against one of the lesser teams. As we know though, they can sometimes trip you up away from home. Probably use the same tactics as I outlined earlier. 

I won't feel comfortable until we score the first goal. Let them come at us after that and our quality will shine through. 

Yes, we have to score first it's a difficult game if we let them score.

40 minutes ago, Jack Sparrow said:

The one goal advantage suits us no matter what.  They won't be that risk averse IMHO - they know we can score and will want to avoid conceding too. At one goal down they know a set piece, a mistake or one good attack brings it level.  We still need to score at least once to put the tie beyond them and they'll hope that they can catch us on the break or a ball over the top with our lack of pace in defence as well.   

Yes, as long as we score first to settle the nerves we should really have scored a lot more at home.

But we didn't so I guess that makes this tie tricky. It's five million pound game for us.

12 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Gio again man 😁😁😁

Well it was, we scudded hearts 4-0 at tynecastle "ah it was the red card that did it" 

Funnily enough gerrard seemed to be the opposite, iirc quite a few hoops were jumped through to deflect blame away from him when we inevitably cunted it against jobber sides 

11 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Well it was, we scudded hearts 4-0 at tynecastle "ah it was the red card that did it" 

Funnily enough gerrard seemed to be the opposite, iirc quite a few hoops were jumped through to deflect blame away from him when we inevitably cunted it against jobber sides 

You ever going to let this go mate? :lol:

8 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Well maybe we can get it right this time.

Hold manager and players to account. Give both credit where deserved and due. Full knowledge manager will pay with job if it there's no silverware.

Doesn't seem too revolutionary to me tbh. But am I fuck getting into a Gio chat with you 😂

Just now, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Hold manager and players to account. Give both credit where deserved and due. Full knowledge manager will pay with job if it there's no silverware.

Doesn't seem too revolutionary to me tbh. But am I fuck getting into a Gio chat with you 😂

Just now, BlueSuedeSambas said:

You ever going to let this go mate? :lol:

Hey don't look at me, ive blamed the players since gerrard was here, kinda consistent in that, i only blame gerrard for assembling the shower of shitebags we've struggled to get rid of lol

1 hour ago, Rowley Birkin said:

Space either gets left empty or filled by a youngster.

From memory we have to register 18 players. If we then can’t meet eligibility for homegrown etc then the space gets left empty.

Its basically we have:

17 players we can register no matter what

4 who have trained at the club for 3 years before their 21st birthday

4 who have trained in the country for 3 years before their 21st birthday

If you don’t have enough players who meet the requirements then you can’t register players in that category. 

We can fill the spaces with youth if we want, but U21 players who have been at the academy for more than a year (?) don’t need to be registered so there is no real benefit and some of them (like Lovelace) wouldn’t qualify as they haven’t been at the club long enough to count as club trained.

36 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

This is a family friendly site.

Calm to fuck doon!:furious:

Jim is right btw.

2 hours ago, GA1972 said:

Been doing this long enough to know it’s probably not going to be an easy night 

Do fully expect us to get through though, can’t speak for the players they had missing but the team we played last week was not very good 

For all the players they supposedly had missing they made just 3 changes at the weekend. 

2 hours ago, bluenoz said:

Matondo did well when he came on, but let's have a wee dose of reality here. He's not very good. I hope that wee cameo puts him in the shop window.

🤣

Came on and changed the game but still have a go at him when he's no even in the Euro squad.

We have two players who bring width to the team and you want rid of one. At the same time you want to keep Hagi who is on his fifth season offering very little.

2 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

🤣

Came on and changed the game but still have a go at him when he's no even in the Euro squad.

We have two players who bring width to the team and you want rid of one. At the same time you want to keep Hagi who is on his fifth season offering very little.

I didn't have a go at him. I said he played well, but some posters are talking him up like he is Messi based on 15 minutes in over a year. You have absolutely embarrassed yourself and have done for over a year with your love for Matondo based on nothing.

But go ahead, wire in about Hagi. I can take it.