Dessers

BigBearButt

16 minutes ago, The Specky Forum Organiser said:

Still absolutely steaming?

Kelly for Butland is a slightly bigger drop than Dessers for Danilo...

Our best player was on the bench last night anyway.

Matondo? :craphead:

Just now, ForeverAndEver said:

Average and utterly shite :lol: 

You said he’s the first, and he still isn’t.

I think I said 2nd BTW but can't be arsed checking. As for Sterling he has been shite in some of the positions we've played him, in particular wide left. I'm not blaming the boy as he got fucked out there through necessity but it is what it is. He's either a defensive minded right back or a midfield enforcer but I'm not sure he has the technical skills to play in the centre of the park. Again it's wild to suggest that an unproven player who isn't a regular starter is our best player. 

6 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Thought no chance @Jamie0202 outdoes his ‘Butland is shite’ take and then…

Never ever said that. I said he was a good goalkeeper but not a great one but cheers for misquoting me. Also said that before his fuck up that cost us the Scottish Cup against the filth.

2 minutes ago, Jamie0202 said:

I think I said 2nd BTW but can't be arsed checking. As for Sterling he has been shite in some of the positions we've played him, in particular wide left. I'm not blaming the boy as he got fucked out there through necessity but it is what it is. He's either a defensive minded right back or a midfield enforcer but I'm not sure he has the technical skills to play in the centre of the park. Again it's wild to suggest that an unproven player who isn't a regular starter is our best player. 

I’d maybe take that if you weren’t suggesting Dessers was our best player. Guy’s chronic and a big part as to why we’re already behind in the league.

2 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

I’d maybe take that if you weren’t suggesting Dessers was our best player. Guy’s chronic and a big part as to why we’re already behind in the league.

He isn't great mate and I've never suggested that he is but the hate he gets is completely disproportionate to what he delivers on the park. This is a bit tongue in cheek but he's already scored 100% of our goals in competitive matches this season. Seriously though other areas of the pitch are a far bigger concern. Take Dessers out the team at this moment in time and I don't really know what we're left with. 

Stand by my point in the transfer thread on him. We need better than him I don't disagree but he won't be the reason we fail this season the quality behind him is the issue. 

Am no convinced shankland is the answer either. 

1 minute ago, KingKirk said:

Stand by my point in the transfer thread on him. We need better than him I don't disagree but he won't be the reason we fail this season the quality behind him is the issue. 

That’s fine because I highly doubt we are after him

35 minutes ago, Jamie0202 said:

Did you notice that when Sterling came on we controlled the midfield for the last twenty minutes after being overrun for the previous 160 minutes?

11 minutes ago, King Jela said:

Old age is playing tricks on me, did he not have to do a lot to even get that on target?

Rockwell fkd it - he's meaning the one that was offside in 1st half.  The keeper had a great save from his 2nd half header.

15 minutes ago, evenstevens said:

Rockwell fkd it - he's meaning the one that was offside in 1st half.  The keeper had a great save from his 2nd half header.

2 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

He’ll be thinking of the offside one

Sound. 

I genuinely can't remember that one, bit it definitely sounds Dessers-esque.

1 hour ago, Jamie0202 said:

Sterling has a decent attitude and a great engine on him but he's average as fuck in his best positions and utterly shite in other areas of the park where he has been played. The fact that nobody knows his best position or that he has been unable to make himself a nailed on starter in any one of those positions makes it a wild statement that he's our best player.

I said to you last week that Dessers is one of the first names on the team sheet and absolutely stand by that. 

🤣

44 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

He could easily have had the matchball against Hearts at the weekend. Surely him missing a few really good chances at Tynecastle resulted in us not winning that game?

50 minutes ago, King Jela said:

5:05 ? Not a point blank header, not even close.

Nah there was one right in the middle, right in front of goal, straight at the keeper. Don't recall when it was and didn't see a replay tbf

The one you quoted was a decent effort

1 hour ago, JackAlex93 said:

He could easily have had the matchball against Hearts at the weekend. Surely him missing a few really good chances at Tynecastle resulted in us not winning that game?

Forwards will miss chances we do need better but I don't think he's a major issue for now shankland is a better finisher but does he make the runs etc dessers makes I have my doubts. 

5 hours ago, Number5 said:

The amount of chances he seems to get is incredible.

His decision making is terrible and will cost us time after time.

The amount of times he takes what would/could be an easy chance and turns it into a more difficult one by cutting back or poor footwork etc 

Same with when you think just lay it off first time rather than take 3 touches then the assist has gone.

He has a real knack of making horrific decisions but still getting 2 or 3 superb chances every game.

Look at a lot of the chances he gets though .He makes a lot of the chances himself ,Great first touch .2nd touch not so much .He’s just a frustrating fucker .He’s a cross between McCoist and Morelos at Morelos worst .Gets in the right area but knows how to fuck it up more often than not 😂

I do reckon folk would have a better opinion of him if it wasn’t for his horrendous start under Beale .