Welcome to Rangers, Philippe Clement!

4 minutes ago, BigBearButt said:

Disagree the real tests have been the old firm games and he has failed at every one so far. Not only that he hasn't shown me he has the tactical ability to change things. We had a new manager bounce and results improved but by christ we have been a hard watch for months and when you look at us playing there isn't a clear structure or playstyles the players just seem to roll out onto the park and we hope something will happen.

From what I have seen from him I fully expect him to go with the same tactics, shape and personnel as started this game.

I am concerned. Really concerned. 

To be fair though, mate, you can't plan for a 20s freak deflection (in the previous game) and a player scoring an OG then getting sent off 3 mins later today.

Given the performances against Ross County and Dundee, I too have some concerns about him being able to change the game but I think it's too early to start doubting him.

1 minute ago, BigDak said:

To be fair though, mate, you can't plan for a 20s freak deflection (in the previous game) and a player scoring an OG then getting sent off 3 mins later today.

Given the performances against Ross County and Dundee, I too have some concerns about him being able to change the game but I think it's too early to start doubting him.

It's not just one offs its the overall performances, mentality and refusal to actually change and try something different and then him talking about oh the team would have given up 6 months ago and other shite like that.

47 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Why would anybody keep a sick note in Yilmaz and a guy in Cantwell who shows up 5 times a season?!!

Mate we have 9 first team.players out of contract or leaving on loan. I would keep.them on board. 

Just watched his comments looked absolutely gutted/destroyed - that’s what you want to instil in the team the sense of needing to win.  Anyone turning in the manager now is a bit ridiculous - look at the dross he’s had to work with and how shite we were under Beale (and latterly Gio). 

5 minutes ago, BigBearButt said:

It's not just one offs its the overall performances, mentality and refusal to actually change and try something different and then him talking about oh the team would have given up 6 months ago and other shite like that.

Aye, the performances have been a concern for the past few months as has the seeming inability to change a game.

We can only hope him getting players to his order changes that.

But as others have pointed out, if we manage to get the SC in the bag, as much as losing the league hurts, it has been a pretty successful season overall.

6 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

Back him fully still. Need to see what he can do with his own players and a full pre season before proper judgement is passed 

If he can manage a cup double after having pulled us back into a title race from nowhere and got us qualified out of our EL group when it too looked all but dead at the time you’d have to say it’s been a pretty successful season all things considered. Tragic the manner in which the title challenge collapsed over the past month but I’m pinning most of that to the players 

Cup final is a one off game, I’d like to hope he doesn’t fuck about with things like not risking players if they’re only back from small injuries. I hope most of them won’t be here next season so just play the strongest possible side we can and end the season on some kind of high. Want to see him go into the summer with the fans behind him after a cup double 

Has to be a worry own players or not that he doesn’t seem to know tactically how to beat them.

Our approach to the game from a footballing perspective is what you see when a really limited team plays a team from the league above. All ideas of passing the ball out the window, long balls down the channel or crossfield ones from Davies.

Just now, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Has to be a worry own players or not that he doesn’t seem to know tactically how to beat them.

Our approach to the game from a footballing perspective is what you see when a really limited team plays a team from the league above. All ideas of passing the ball out the window, long balls down the channel or crossfield ones from Davies.

I’m putting it down to the lack of quality we had on the pitch tbh. We finished that game with Davies, McCausland, Raskin and Wright on the pitch as we were a man down and chasing an equaliser. None of them should be anywhere near a Rangers side playing a title decider 

2 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

I’m putting it down to the lack of quality we had on the pitch tbh. We finished that game with Davies, McCausland, Raskin and Wright on the pitch as we were a man down and chasing an equaliser. None of them should be anywhere near a Rangers side playing a title decider 

That's the sort of talent that would get hammered of them too. We've arguably been close to drawing or winning every game under Clement.(against them)

Not happy about today at all, but you get Clements preferred XI out there it's a different story and discussion.

1 minute ago, J-Maestro said:

That's the sort of talent that would get hammered of them too. We've arguably been close to drawing or winning every game under Clement.(against them)

Not happy about today at all, but you get Clements preferred XI out there it's a different story and discussion.

Have to believe that if this was available it would have been a different game 

Butland

Tav Goldson Souttar Yilamz

Sterling Diomande

Sima Cantwell Cortes 

Danilo 

1 hour ago, Jimfanciesthedude said:

Yes he can, this fucking shower has this type of collapse in them, the fact clement got them into a position that they could do their annual collapse and shit the bed is pretty damn good from him

If you truly believe that our recent form/absolute collapse is solely on the players then there's no discussion to be had here. 

I don't. I think that for as badly as the majority of these players have let us down yet again, there is undeniably blame to be laid at the managers feet aswell. From team selection, to substitutes, to tactics, to the transfer window, even as far as whats been said in press conferences he has definitely made some questionable decisions. 

Just now, KBOO72 said:

If you truly believe that our recent form/absolute collapse is solely on the players then there's no discussion to be had here. 

I don't. I think that for as badly as the majority of these players have let us down yet again, there is undeniably blame to be laid at the managers feet aswell. From team selection, to substitutes, to tactics, to the transfer window, even as far as whats been said in press conferences he has definitely made some questionable decisions. 

The transfer window? Cortes, Diomande and Silva without a penny being spent?

What?

Just now, Blue72 said:

Thats an absolutely mad take 

Doesn’t even make sense. The last game was 3-3, so how’s that a copy of anything and the two at celtic park we went a man down in both and went into both with injuries all over the place 

1 minute ago, .Williamson. said:

The transfer window? Cortes, Diomande and Silva without a penny being spent?

What?

Have any of them been successful signings?

Did you want us to bring in another striker? Because just about every Rangers fan I know or spoke to in the run up to the window did. 

3 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

Yes that undoubtedly contributed but he’s not adapted anything tactically to combat their midfield 3.

I’m still staggered he went with Lawrence, just a genuinely baffling decision.

There’s nothing clever about our play, it’s back to basics hoofing it with players not comfortable playing through their press.

I agree we have to back him and hope for the best. Equally think while I’m convinced about his leadership qualities I think it’s poor from him that he hasn’t had us looking like winning an OF.

2 minutes ago, KBOO72 said:

What questionable decisions made

Dessers miss a sitter at county for us to likely win the game, instead for the same players who have shat the bed time and again to shit the bed

Made tav shit the bed at home to the papes in the first 30 seconds 

Made the same group shit the bed at home to motherwell, souttar and goldson major culprits there

Made the same group shit the bed away to dundee

He isn't just working with his hands tied, he's fucking blindfolded and kneecapped by this shower of shite squad and he still dragged the league out to the 2nd last week of the season 

Just now, KBOO72 said:

Did you want us to bring in another striker? Because just about every Rangers fan I know or spoke to in the run up to the window did. 

I'm not really sure what you're wanting Clement to do, pull £3m out of his arse to get Shankland?

I back him still. He hasnt been faultless but he has been up against it with the squad he inherited regarding injuries, ability and their collective tendency to collapse under pressure. We have to at least see what he can do with more of his own players. Im getting heart sick of looking for a new manager every season, it wears you down.   

1 minute ago, KBOO72 said:

Take it you had a spare few mill to spend, because he never and he specifically said his budget in jan was fucking nothing

Just now, KBOO72 said:

I thought Cortes looked very good from what we seen of him and I think Diomande could develop into a decent player for us. Silva hasn’t been great but he’s a loan that we obviously won’t hold on to so no harm done 

Everyone did want a striker but apparently there was no money available to spend so can’t really pin that to him 

1 minute ago, J-Maestro said:

I'm not really sure what you're wanting Clement to do, pull £3m out of his arse to get Shankland?

Are you happy with the signings we made in January? 

3 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

Doesn’t even make sense. The last game was 3-3, so how’s that a copy of anything and the two at celtic park we went a man down in both and went into both with injuries all over the place 

Just the usual toys out the pram because we fucked it (which I understand not exactly on cloud 9..).  

people wanting PC chased are clearly forgetting our run of managers over the last 10 years - he’s clearly bright, driven, desperate to win and brought this squad (that we pretty much all agree has some/many major issues) so close.