Ex player to join coaching staff

MisterC

15 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

He may have known the league but he didn't treat the league like he should have as Rangers manager. Big difference. That's what having someone with that knowledge brings. I'm sure with him watching all our matches this season before even taking the job and now watching other matches in the league that Clement will have a fair idea about the league. 

Yeah, what’s to say a coach who knows the league doesn’t treat it wrongly too. I think we should just let Clement do what he feels is needed.

6 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

If the manager wants it then he should get it. Don't know why folk lose their shit for or against it tbh

I just can’t be arsed with the need argument, he’s an experienced manager. He will build the backroom team to suit him.

Even had people question his ability if he wanted Alex Rae. :lol:

18 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

If the manager wants it then he should get it. Don't know why folk lose their shit for or against it tbh

Just an excuse to moan mate.

If it weren't an ex-Ranger this thread would have been a couple of pages long. 

The manager is just in the job. His decision to make. Trust his judgment imo. 

15 minutes ago, docspiderman said:

If he has been told to work with Rae, yes. If he has looked at his coaching cv  would Rae really be a suitable candidate or just a token ex player?

So maybe you can explain Rae’s coaching style and his positives/negatives he brings to a managerial setup then?

Or just know nothing.

1 hour ago, The Godfather said:

I highly doubt the person appointed will be there doing a lot of actual training ground coaching either. They will more than likely be be involved in providing advice to Clement on the opposition and being a 'vibes' person around the training ground. 

2 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

I highly doubt the person appointed will be there doing a lot of actual training ground coaching either. They will more than likely be be involved in providing advice to Clement on the opposition and being a 'vibes' person around the training ground. 

IMG_5314.gif

14 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Mcallister type would do the job. If they can be adaptive and help Clement n Co with training then it's a bonus. 

On 18/10/2023 at 20:36, Blueshoff said:

We shouldn't even be looking at ten of the teams in the league - we should be destroying them and letting them worry about us.

The other team is slightly different but still try to impose our game on them.

All the most successful Rangers teams had contempt for their domestic counterparts.

All the least successful have had too much respect for them.

• 1 month later...
On 20/10/2023 at 10:38, The Specky Forum Organiser said:

Manager Philippe Clement commented: “I am really happy to have Stephan join me here. We have known each other a long time and he has a lot of experience. 

“He is someone who wants to work really hard, he is somebody who is humble, he is really passionate about football, and he is really focused on making players better, so it is a good support. 

“For me it is also important to work together with the local staff and with people who know the club, who know the history, who have the passion for the club. I don't want to have this small Belgian island, I want to create one big family together.”

Arbroath: Dick Campbell resigns after seven years in charge

On 15/10/2023 at 23:45, Super Ally Scores Again! said:

Make it Barry 

For no other reason he needs to speak to the players 90secs before they leave the changing room to emphasise how much they hate us - Our players need to know how much they need to raise their game!

£10k a week for that and I bet we start to win more games 

The fuck is this?  getting Barry F  to fire up players about how much they hate us?   he runs about with most of their fans it seems.