*****The Official Sparta Prague v Rangers Match Thread*****

G.E.C.

27 minutes ago, Blue72 said:

Watched the Liverpool Toulouse game after - Toulouse spend £34m a year (I think we’re up around £60-£70m?) - some players played out of their skins despite the result, they looked to have much more quality about them than most of our first team squad, more commitment and desire to chase lost causes rsther than just pass the ball side to side. 

It’s easier for French clubs to attract players because of the league they play in. Means we often have to overpay for players or can’t attract better young talent. 

What’s inexcusable is teams like Sparta/Slavia/Malmo being better than us when their leagues are worse and they spend 3-4x less a year than us

6 minutes ago, Bigeasy said:

Just watched the highlights again. One particular thing pissed me off early in the game and speaks volumes of us at the moment: Tav clapping to Lammers when he just passed the ball straight out of play. WTF.

Probably encouraging him to do better.

33 minutes ago, Bigeasy said:

Just watched the highlights again. One particular thing pissed me off early in the game and speaks volumes of us at the moment: Tav clapping to Lammers when he just passed the ball straight out of play. WTF.

The passing move from the team before he did that was good, that’s why

Watched the game back as i was travelling with work when it was on and the feed was pish. First half? Fuck me as bad as it gets, more dynamic when Wright and Denilo came on and could have robbed the game at the end.

thank fuck we have a top class keeper.

the ref was a Homer, unbelievably shite our bookings on the whole were really poor.

Small rant - Something about Czech teams play acting is really fucking annoying, though Slavia players screams when touched during Covid were embarrassing, the referees fell for it.

8 hours ago, dummiesoot said:

Watched the game back as i was travelling with work when it was on and the feed was pish. First half? Fuck me as bad as it gets, more dynamic when Wright and Denilo came on and could have robbed the game at the end.

the ref was a Homer, unbelievably shite our bookings on the whole were really poor.

Small rant - Something about Czech teams play acting is really fucking annoying, though Slavia players screams when touched during Covid were embarrassing, the referees fell for it.

The RB that was it Tav brushed by and then went down screaming was a disgrace. 

8 hours ago, dummiesoot said:

The two "fouls" in their box when Dessers and Wright cut inside were infuriating. Possibly fouls but two players rolling about ridiculously. Standout "foul" that was a joke for me was the Lundstram one, he had control of box and slid to keep control. 

Ultimately pleased to come away with a draw and could have nicked it at the end. Had some Slavia fans on flight to London saying they were cheering us on :unsure: 

Take them and Limassol at home and we are in a good position.