*****The Official Sparta Prague v Rangers Match Thread*****

G.E.C.

UEFA Europa League List A Squad

Goalkeepers: Jack Butland, Robby McCrorie, Kieran Wright 

Defenders: James Tavernier, Connor Goldson, John Souttar, Borna Barisic, Dujon Sterling, Ben Davies 

Midfielders: Jose Cifuentes, Ryan Jack, John Lundstram, Nico Raskin 

Forwards: Cyriel Dessers, Todd Cantwell,  Sam Lammers, Rabbi Matondo, Tom Lawrence, Danilo, Kemar Roofe, Abdallah Sima, Scott Wright 

A player may be registered on List B if he is born on or after January 1, 2002, and since his 15th birthday has been eligible to play for the club for any uninterrupted period of two years. The likes of Leon King and Adam Devine, regular fixtures around the first-team, will be included on List B.

Sterling, Devine or Davies at left back isn't ideal. But probably makes more sense than going to a back 3 that the players aren't used to.

SP are far better than Hivs, but yesterday has given me more confidence that this group of players can lift their game and put in a winning performance.

Please let’s not play sterling. Boy looks like dug meat.

would actually play Davies, bit more experience and has played the position before. Devine for me is an average player, maybe different if it was right back we were talking about 

5 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Don’t think we’ve ever won a European game in Prague:

Dukla in 81/82 lost 3-0
Sparta in 91/92 lost 1-0
Zizkov in 02/03 lost 2-0
Slavia in 20/21 drew 1-1
Sparta in 21/22 lost 1-0

The home tie against Viktoria Zizkov was my first ever European game.

1 hour ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Don’t think we’ve ever won a European game in Prague:

Dukla in 81/82 lost 3-0
Sparta in 91/92 lost 1-0
Zizkov in 02/03 lost 2-0
Slavia in 20/21 drew 1-1
Sparta in 21/22 lost 1-0

Well that is encouraging, I know that in reality there is no such thing as the law of averages, however some may choose to believe that a win in Prague is overdue. I was at Sparta 91/92 not long after the iron curtain fell, it was still basically a Communist country and we were like millionaires, it was something like 10p for a litre, yes litre not pint of what in my opinion is the best beer in the World. Those making the journey to Prague are in for a treat beer wise but I imagine that it will be a bit more expensive now, and given that our last two trips there have not exactly been cordial, I would imagine that the natives will not be so friendly.

After the last horror show in the group I was fearing the worst, but now that we seem to have someone in charge who can actually organize a team, I am hopeful if not overly confident of getting the overdue win in Prague and setting us up nicely for the return fixture.