Ice Hockey player dies in EIHL game

ayro

Same happened to a young player last year. I'm sure US Hockey discussed mandatory neck guards. Decided on continued advisory only. It'll eventually come, hope no more die before it does. No-brainer, surely.  Think youth players in England have to wear them.

Tragic.

25 minutes ago, Madina said:

It was dangerous play. obviously the guy hasnt meant to seriously injure/kill the lad but still doesnt take away from the fact it was reckless. He will be feeling terrible though and hope hes getting the support needed. RIP Adam

Pretty much every single hockey expert/fan is saying it was a freak accident and that it wasn't dangerous play.

He was apparently clipped before the contact with Johnson occurred and that's what has caused his skate to ride up.

And no I haven't watched it because I'm not a ghoul.

1 hour ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Pretty much every single hockey expert/fan is saying it was a freak accident and that it wasn't dangerous play.

He was apparently clipped before the contact with Johnson occurred and that's what has caused his skate to ride up.

I'm seeing pretty mixed responses. The clip was very minimal, on first (and only) viewing it didnt seem to warrant a skate going so high. Just hope he can still have a career after this. Cant say I'd be keen to play again if it happened to me 

4 hours ago, Madina said:

I'm seeing pretty mixed responses. The clip was very minimal, on first (and only) viewing it didnt seem to warrant a skate going so high. Just hope he can still have a career after this. Cant say I'd be keen to play again if it happened to me 

The boy was knocked off balance by a hit, causing his leg to swing up backwards. It was all perfectly normal hockey. Nothing strange about it.

15 hours ago, McEwan's Lager said:

I have seen it, because my dipshit brother sent it to me without warning, and this was exactly my impression of what happened. A freak accident that he couldn't have done on purpose if he tried. 

7 minutes ago, JamieD said:

I have seen it, because my dipshit brother sent it to me without warning, and this was exactly my impression of what happened. A freak accident that he couldn't have done on purpose if he tried. 

:lol:

I'm quite lucky that I'm not in any group chats or have people that send me stuff like this un-solicited.

5 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

:lol:

I'm quite lucky that I'm not in any group chats or have people that send me stuff like this un-solicited.

There's always one morbid bastard that gets a kick out of sending all that shit. Don't watch a single thing until am satisfied it's no gore 😂

Ended up seeing the video earlier on, I'm honestly not sure what to think, it's a weird angle for his body to be at. 

But is that because he tried to bodycheck the other guy first, and ended up falling off balance past him and tried to correct in the air colliding with his leg out like that?

At the very best, you could say it was manslaughter, but genuinely don't believe there's anything the guy can do if he's unbalanced because of the previous bodycheck.

3 minutes ago, Bluekev said:

Does this happen much over there mate.

Seen a few bad accidents mate. No deaths, but very bad cuts to various parts of the body. Remember seeing one guy lose an eye in a game. Fucking grim. Achilles tendons, wrists. Facial injuries. I’ve said to my wife many times that someone will die in a game. The speed they move at is incredible.