Ice Hockey player dies in EIHL game

ayro

7 minutes ago, Hadron Collider said:

Seen a few bad accidents mate. No deaths, but very bad cuts to various parts of the body. Remember seeing one guy lose an eye in a game. Fucking grim. Achilles tendons, wrists. Facial injuries. I’ve said to my wife many times that someone will die in a game. The speed they move at is incredible. 

I used to go and watch it with my family when I was a kid and was young and naive at the time and didn’t realise the dangers involved but this tragedy just brings home how dangerous it actually is. 

9 minutes ago, Bluekev said:

I used to go and watch it with my family when I was a kid and was young and naive at the time and didn’t realise the dangers involved but this tragedy just brings home how dangerous it actually is. 

I played when I first came to Canada. Loved the game, but I was not going anywhere as I started when I was 11. Most kids learn to skate around 3/4 years old. I just went back to making a cunt of them at footie. 😉. An ice hockey rink is 200 ft long. There’s a guy that plays for Edmonton (Conor McDavid), fuck me he’s the fastest player I’ve ever seen. He was timed at just under 41 mph in an all star race just recently. It’s mind boggling. It would be like getting hit by a car. 

I just saw the clip.

Looks like he's tried to take the legs out of the player that skates across him, misses and the momentum of missing and losing balance at the same time carries his leg up into the boy.

Horrific outcome but I think it would be a hard one for a court to prove intent to kill.

32 minutes ago, roboscot said:

I just saw the clip.

Looks like he's tried to take the legs out of the player that skates across him, misses and the momentum of missing and losing balance at the same time carries his leg up into the boy.

Horrific outcome but I think it would be a hard one for a court to prove intent to kill.

Pure accident mate. 

11 hours ago, ForeverAndEver said:

There was a goaltender that got his throat cut and it cut an artery in the NHL years ago, somehow survived it

I read a retired Vietnam vet rushed on the ice and reached into his neck to pinch his artery until it could be stitched together. Nothing short of a miracle and the medic deserves a medal

20 minutes ago, Dan Deacon said:

Sean Avery is a shit stirring cunt mate. He was always in bother in the NHL. Led the league in penalty minutes one year I remember. Always controversial. Let me put it this way, he’s a fucking twat! 

1 hour ago, Dan Deacon said:

Sean Avery is a good guy and really knows his stuff, this could change a lot of minds. 

• 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, WilliamMunny said:

It's really hard to tell from the clips I've seen.

It’s not mate. At the speed they travel at and on ice skates the slightest nudge can knock them off balance. The fact people think he could control his feet at that speed to hit someone in the neck is just ridiculous 

Horrendous decision to arrest him. Imagine thinking a professional hockey player went out to at best severely injure an opponent 

21 minutes ago, 10pshortof17pound said:

Ffs - based on?

The fact he has killed him. 

He obviously hasn’t meant to kill him, but he has intended to do him harm and he's died from it. 

Shouldn't get a pass purely it happened in a sporting environment when he did intend to hurt him