Cup Final Allocation

ForeverAndEver

2 hours ago, folkestoneger said:

Not old enough to have been to Third Lanark but I’ve been in the likes of Shawfield and can’t imagine what it would have been like with 50000 in there. A bit cramped I would think.

Funnily enough, for whatever reasons, I can’t recall ever going to Firhill. I don’t know why as I used to go home and away by supporters bus so it can’t have been the travelling that stopped me. 

I was only at Shawfield once for a Glasgow Cup match when I was about 15. The thing I remember, unless I'm too old to properly remember, is that it didn't have normal terracing- it was more like paving slabs, so you could get 2 or 3 folk at the same level, one on front of the other.

What sort of attendances were Clydebank able to attract at their peak ? Time I have grown up Glasgow has always just been us , them ,Thistle and Queen’s Park in their current stature so always fascinates me that at one point there was 5 or 6 teams in the city able to attract decent numbers 

edit: I know Clydebank isn’t technically Glasgow before someone jumps in :lol:

15 minutes ago, cr3_bear said:

What sort of attendances were Clydebank able to attract at their peak ? Time I have grown up Glasgow has always just been us , them ,Thistle and Queen’s Park in their current stature so always fascinates me that at one point there was 5 or 6 teams in the city able to attract decent numbers 

Assuming you mean Clyde they had pretty small attendances by the 70s or 80s. The last time  I remember seeing us there was about 1979 or 80 in the cup and there was about 10 maybe 12000 and that was a huge gate for them

10 minutes ago, folkestoneger said:

Assuming you mean Clyde they had pretty small attendances by the 70s or 80s. The last time 8 remember seeing us there was about 1979 or 80 in the cup and there was about 10 maybe 12000 and that was a huge gate for them

Nah was meaning Clydebank and their old stadium at kilbowie . What sort of attendances were they attracting ? They were still kicking about the top division in the early 80’s weren’t they ?

1 minute ago, cr3_bear said:

Nah was meaning Clydebank and their old stadium at kilbowie . What sort of attendances were they attracting ? They were still kicking about the top division in the 80’s weren’t they ?

Not sure but don’t remember them getting that many in but that was common due to the crowds we ( and the scum) drew in. Not many left to share out I suppose.

All I can really remember is we got Cooper from them 

ps

I  assumed you meant Clyde because I didn’t think of Clydebank as a Glasgow team , and I had mentioned Shawfield . My mistake🤦

2 minutes ago, folkestoneger said:

Not sure but don’t remember them getting that many in but that was common due to the crowds we ( and the scum) drew in. Not many left to share out I suppose.

All I can really remember is we got Cooper from them 

ps

I  assumed you meant Clyde because I didn’t think of Clydebank as a Glasgow team , and I had mentioned Shawfield . My mistake🤦

Neither were Clyde (well for the vast majority of the time) :lol: 

24 minutes ago, cr3_bear said:

edit: I know Clydebank isn’t technically Glasgow before someone jumps in :lol:

I remember being there when we lost 2-1 the season before Souness came. But no idea what their attendances were like 🤷

5 minutes ago, left winger said:

I remember being there when we lost 2-1 the season before Souness came. But no idea what their attendances were like 🤷

Probably a bit smaller smaller than our worst in the period 😂

We fell off a cliff footballing wise between the 70s trebles and Souness. Only winning a few cups kept it interesting

1 minute ago, folkestoneger said:

Are Clyde technically in Rutherglen? Always seemed liked a Glasgow team being just across from Bridgeton Dalmarnock area and between the scum and Hampden

Shawfield is, aye. It’s pretty much right on the boundary though

5 minutes ago, folkestoneger said:

Can’t say I ever heard that but it’s understandable.

That’s the boundary.

They finished third, and the Fairs Cup only allowed one team from Glasgow so we got it, Dundee took their place and got to the Semi’s and played Leeds who put us out :lol: 

41AD9FC9-AFE1-4904-A430-B929C138A643.jpeg

6 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

That’s the boundary.

They finished third, and the Fairs Cup only allowed one team from Glasgow so we got it, Dundee took their place and got to the Semi’s and played Leeds who put us out :lol: 

So the boundary cuts through the stadium :lol:

14 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

That’s the boundary.

That was fortunate for us. Looks like most of the stadium is outside Glasgow boundary . Oh well .

14 hours ago, The Specky Forum Organiser said:

Mate, for the 3rd or 4th time, someone not on the CCCS isn't getting a cup final ticket. It has to go through everyone in group 1 and 2 before it reaches you. There are over 30k people signed up to the CCCS.

unnamed (1).png

Thanks for taking the time to explain, safe to say, I should cancel my rail tickets then. 

1 minute ago, sandyboyblue said:

Thanks for taking the time to explain, safe to say, I should cancel my rail tickets then. 

Always a chance outside the ground on the day. Also if an absolute miracle happens and you do get somehow I dont want to be the reason why you cancelled so don't do that cheers.

54 minutes ago, Assegai said:

Got a ticket through my RSC. First non-league game for me this season.

Wait until you discover it is for the East Stand.:thumbsup: (We are not supposed to call it the Sellik End anymore apparently). I would imagine that there are still a fair number of the Sheepie allocation in the hands of Rangers supporters.

1 minute ago, Jakes Pal said:

Wait until you discover it is for the East Stand.:thumbsup: (We are not supposed to call it the Sellik End anymore apparently). I would imagine that there are still a fair number of the Sheepie allocation in the hands of Rangers supporters.

It'll always be the dirty end of that shitehole to me.