Cup Final Allocation

ForeverAndEver

Anyway - getting back on topic.

Anybody know where we are at present with our own sales? Are they moving down the MyGers points list? Has anyone had a ticket email recently? Is it likely to get to Group 2 (CCCS & Season ticket)?

Don't think Aberdeen will be handing any back!

12 minutes ago, East Enclosure Row N said:

Anyway - getting back on topic.

Anybody know where we are at present with our own sales? Are they moving down the MyGers points list? Has anyone had a ticket email recently? Is it likely to get to Group 2 (CCCS & Season ticket)?

Don't think Aberdeen will be handing any back!

No chance 

4 hours ago, Johnstone Burgh said:

How big should it be? Should we build a 60-70k seater football stadium right next to a 60k seater football stadium? 

Much older bears like @kplfishtank will remember a time where Glasgow has 6 stadiums that could hold over 50k including Hampden with a capacity of 150k

9 minutes ago, MisterC said:

Much older bears like @kplfishtank will remember a time where Glasgow has 6 stadiums that could hold over 50k including Hampden with a capacity of 150k

Six?

Ibrox, Hampden, Firhill, their dump, Shawfield. I don’t think Cathkin Park ever held that many. 

4 minutes ago, MisterC said:

Catkin could hold about 55k 

Just googled it - Third Lanark’s record attendance seems to be against us at 45k, but saw a figure of over 51k for the ground, but couldn’t see any info on it. Dunno if they had an international with the higher attendance..

10 hours ago, .Williamson. said:

Cathkin Park is so weird. It’s a mixture of sad and interesting in equal measure 

Were Third Lanark just a mixed side supporter wise in terms of religion etc?

Think they were formed by a group of soldiers from the same regiment 

Probably made up of mostly Protestants but their rivalry with Celtic never took on the dynamics of ours 

7 hours ago, cr3_bear said:

Think they were formed by a group of soldiers from the same regiment 

Probably made up of mostly Protestants but their rivalry with celtic never took the dynamics of ours 

3rd Lanarkshire Rifle Volunteers, who BB founder Sir William Alexander Smith served with.

Just having a read on some of the third Lanark stuff this morning

Interestingly one article claiming they were maybe the team most linked with Glasgow’s Jewish population at the time due to location. 

Also claiming at the beginning Queen’s Park where more seen as “the gentleman’s club” aka a bit snobby :lol:while Third Lanark with their military ties tapped into a more patriotic and working class fan base

probably off on a tangent now for the topic of the thread so apologies 

37 minutes ago, cr3_bear said:

Interestingly one article claiming they were maybe the team most linked with Glasgow’s Jewish population at the time due to location. 

Also claiming at the beginning Queen’s Park where more seen as “the gentleman’s club” aka a bit snobby :lol:while Third Lanark with their military ties tapped into a more patriotic and working class fan base

Believe some of Aiden McGeady’s family were / are Third Lanark fans. His uncle is well known for being a Thirds fan. 

2 hours ago, cr3_bear said:

i wonder if there are any bears on here that watched third lanark play? certainly is interesting reading about them.

1 hour ago, stevemac said:

i wonder if there are any bears on here that watched third lanark play? certainly is interesting reading about them.

One half of my in laws were Third Lanark supporters. When they were dissolved all became Rangers fans except for one that went to them.

We probably benefitted quite a bit in that sense.

1 hour ago, Inigo said:

One half of my in laws were Third Lanark supporters. When they were dissolved all became Rangers fans except for one that went to them.

We probably benefitted quite a bit in that sense.

Then when we died in 2012 they were on to their third club 

5 hours ago, cr3_bear said:

Probably the most interesting tangent a thread has gone off on for a while, tbh.

6 hours ago, cr3_bear said:

Its allowed during international breaks 

8 minutes ago, sandyboyblue said:

I’m still waiting Rangers tickets office, happy to accept one or two………..

Has anybody received a pleasant surprise mail at all? 

Mate, for the 3rd or 4th time, someone not on the CCCS isn't getting a cup final ticket. It has to go through everyone in group 1 and 2 before it reaches you. There are over 30k people signed up to the CCCS.

unnamed (1).png

22 hours ago, MisterC said:

Not old enough to have been to Third Lanark but I’ve been in the likes of Shawfield and can’t imagine what it would have been like with 50000 in there. A bit cramped I would think.

Funnily enough, for whatever reasons, I can’t recall ever going to Firhill. I don’t know why as I used to go home and away by supporters bus so it can’t have been the travelling that stopped me.