Another Castore post

marka1979

Hi fellow bears i see we recently published our accounts and im just wondering if there is any mention of the castore deal ie revenue generated. I've many concerns about our deal after the details of Newcastle's deal with Castore were made public.  I got a feeling again we've been shafted and its all hush as usual due to confidentiality clauses within the deal.  Hopefully I'm wrong and is their any share holders on here thats been to the agm that can shed some light on this or will be asking these questions at the next agm?.

9 minutes ago, marka1979 said:

Hi fellow bears i see we recently published our accounts and im just wondering if there is any mention of the castore deal ie revenue generated. I've many concerns about our deal after the details of Newcastle's deal with Castore were made public.  I got a feeling again we've been shafted and its all hush as usual due to confidentiality clauses within the deal.  Hopefully I'm wrong and is their any share holders on here thats been to the agm that can shed some light on this or will be asking these questions at the next agm?.

£7.2m up from £5.5m.

I think we are in far stronger position now to re-negotiate our deal with Castore as we are going into the last year I'm sure. I'd like to think the club will go out to tender to various brands and get the best deal for the club although I have my doubts. Gong by Bisgrove's comments recently it looks like it'll be Castore again! We know have tangible evidence of the kind of numbers we'll sell as apparently that was an issue before due to the boycott of kits due to Ashley. One thing I'd like to change, whoever it is, is that we only produce three kits a year. We really don't need 4.

27 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

We're not being shafted by Castore but next year we could get a better deal, probably with them again. We don't have the infrastructure to take over their distribution etc if we did go to another kit supplier.

We've went from over £5 million profit to above £7 million profit over the last year. You'd like to think with a new deal we'll see an increase in that again. You'd like to think we sell the most kits in the country so our new deal should reflect that. 

1 hour ago, B1872 said:

I think we are in far stronger position now to re-negotiate our deal with Castore as we are going into the last year I'm sure. I'd like to think the club will go out to tender to various brands and get the best deal for the club although I have my doubts. Gong by Bisgrove's comments recently it looks like it'll be Castore again! We know have tangible evidence of the kind of numbers we'll sell as apparently that was an issue before due to the boycott of kits due to Ashley. One thing I'd like to change, whoever it is, is that we only produce three kits a year. We really don't need 4.

Club are very happy with Castore. Making more money from retail than ever previously, Castore value is as their biggest account (their losing Newcastle to Adidas shortly which is the only football team that comes close in terms of sales), and pay on time. 

36 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

We're not being shafted by Castore but next year we could get a better deal, probably with them again. We don't have the infrastructure to take over their distribution etc if we did go to another kit supplier.

I'm not an expert but I wonder how complicated it would be to split kit supply and distribution and go out to market on both separately. 

2 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

I'm not an expert but I wonder how complicated it would be to split kit supply and distribution and go out to market on both separately. 

Complicated, by the time you’ve taken all the staffing costs in house, your carrying a lot more risk for little extra

2 hours ago, B1872 said:

If Bisgrove is worth his salt he’ll be going to Nike, Adidas etc with our sales figures from the last few years and getting offers from them. Even if it’s only intended as leverage to get more money from Castore, it’s a win win situation. Either we get a huge offer from one of the big teams that blows Castore away, or they match it and we stick with them like the board seem to want. 

1 hour ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Then you would need both parties to be working together and be able to manage the demand. Something alot of kit suppliers have failed to manage with us in the past and something Castore have just about got to grips with after 4 years.

As suggested above, the best scenario would be the club putting it out to tender and then going to Castore with a slightly lesser figure but more than what it is currently with the same agreement.

3 hours ago, esquire8 said:

Then you would need both parties to be working together and be able to manage the demand. Something alot of kit suppliers have failed to manage with us in the past and something Castore have just about got to grips with after 4 years.

As suggested above, the best scenario would be the club putting it out to tender and then going to Castore with a slightly lesser figure but more than what it is currently with the same agreement.

Have they really got to grips with the demand? I buy the kits on launch day for the wains and usually there is always some sort of issue. If you order online it can be a couple of weeks before it’s delivered as well. Think they’re pretty amateur in all honesty 

On 14/11/2023 at 11:17, B1872 said:

Might be wrong but didn’t Castore make a significant contribution to NEH? Which might indicate an extension to our deal?  

9 hours ago, VanVeenRangers said:

They arent as good as they used to be. The quality is average. 

The Nike training gear still beats any other brands by some distance imo.

Anyway just think it would be nice for a change. Same with 32red/Unibet.

On 14/11/2023 at 14:36, marka1979 said:

The reason the previous deal was so bad was because the pieces of shit who put it in place (Green, fat slug Ashley etc) did so on the sole basis of wringing as much out of us and our club as possible.

While Jim Blair has had his share of criticism (some deserved and some not) he is a blue nose and wouldn't have put in place a deal with the purpose of shafting the Club.

I haven't seen the deal but I feel fairly secure in the knowledge that the people negotiating it were doing it for the right reasons.