Tav, Goldson, Barisic and Lundstram

9 hours ago, KeyserSoze said:

He is the actual reason we are still in this race. Can’t understand people’s hatred for him. 
mental. 

Easy to say when captain ma baw has to take everything going, yes he scores goal but he is officially a defender, last time I looked a defender had to defend. He is defensively pish him and Goldson is utter mince defensively.

On 27/11/2023 at 00:37, Colin Traive said:

I’d love to know the comparative percentages of forward and backward passes he makes.

Goldson to Balogun/Davies to Barisic - stop - pretend like you’re considering a positive, forward pass - stop - pass back to Balogun/Davies. Repeat.

Ive seen countless honest Rangers left backs including Numan, Davie Robertson, two Munros, the mighty Sasa, all the way back to Willie Mathieson and this arsehole Barisic is the absolute worst.

I‘d take Mel Sterland or even Jan Bartram ahead of him.

Get Yfeko or Balogun to play there, even Sterling who can supposedly play anywhere across the back four but, for God’s sake, get this spineless pretender out the team ASAP.

There does need to be an option further up the park for this to change. Usually there isn’t.

7 minutes ago, dummiesoot said:

Easy to say when captain ma baw has to take everything going, yes he scores goal but he is officially a defender, last time I looked a defender had to defend. He is defensively pish him and Goldson is utter mince defensively.

Wing back is more accurate 

16 minutes ago, dummiesoot said:

Still supposed to defend.

My point is that it’s crazy to think he’s to blame for many of our goals against - when he’s  not. There’s midfield not protecting properly, wingers not chasing back etc that lead to goals. Plus we currently have the best defensive  numbers in the SPFL

As a “defender” he’s contributed more to our current league position than many.  
On saying that he’s probably needing replaced next season or two due to his age/fitness - but by fuck he’s going to be missed with his contribution.  

8 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

My point is that it’s crazy to think he’s to blame for many of our goals against - when he’s  not. There’s midfield not protecting properly, wingers not chasing back etc that lead to goals. Plus we currently have the best defensive  numbers in the SPFL

As a “defender” he’s contributed more to our current league position than many.  
On saying that he’s probably needing replaced next season or two due to his age/fitness - but by fuck he’s going to be missed with his contribution.  

We give up easy chances, poor finishing saves us many times. We have win little with this defence and I fail to understand why some seem to get a free pass for mediocrity. We learn nothing and lose the same goal over and over again. They are shit, regardless of the numbers. I trust my eyes before stats.

1 hour ago, OrangeRab said:

It was Balogun’s man for the goal. And their only really other attack was from a Lawrence mistake.

Not sure why Tav is getting so much heat. Really didn’t think Goldson was as bad as made out on here either.

Problem was midfield and attack

They were both pish

It was Balogun’s man for the goal. And their only really other attack was from a Lawrence mistake.

Not sure why Tav is getting so much heat. Really didn’t think Goldson was as bad as made out on here either.

Completely missing in action the entire first half. 

46 minutes ago, dummiesoot said:

We give up easy chances, poor finishing saves us many times. We have win little with this defence and I fail to understand why some seem to get a free pass for mediocrity. We learn nothing and lose the same goal over and over again. They are shit, regardless of the numbers. I trust my eyes before stats.

Tims have 8 goals against we have 7. 
I don’t think it’s a defensive problem just now 

Arguably, aye - but if Goldson doesn't attack the first ball (which he didn't) he can't let the Aberdeen player run behind him the way he did. Balogun obviously should have tracked it in any case.

1 hour ago, psb07158 said:

Arguably, aye - but if Goldson doesn't attack the first ball (which he didn't) he can't let the Aberdeen player run behind him the way he did. Balogun obviously should have tracked it in any case.

Yeh but there’s no way he can attack that ball. That would be suicide as he likely won’t get there. It was too flat and close to half way.

Thats a midfielders ball all day. But yeh after the flick on and Balogun loses his man he could react quicker. 

But by that point after 2 mistakes he’s just done for pace against a fast striker with good movement.

Think it’s harsh to blame him

1 hour ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Completely missing in action the entire first half. 

Aye but the defended fine. Aberdeens 2 attacks - the Lawrence dispossession and the goal weren’t anything to do with him.

So folk want him to defend first and foremost. But when he does but he isn’t getting forward and leading the attack he’s “missing”.

Cant have it both ways. Personally I think we’re much better with him higher up in games like this. As the sheep play with 0 width. All their threat comes through the middle and trying to get Miovski in behind

On 26/11/2023 at 15:14, Jamie0202 said:

Mate you're usually reasonably level headed but you've named 4 defensive players when it is clear for all to see that our problems today were putting the ball in the back of the net.

I think the problem is that since we've been back in the top flight, we've won 2 trophies.

The players mentioned have been at the core of the teams in all of those seasons and may now be used to mediocrity.

There's no denying they are still good players, but it's questionable wether or not the have the required winning mentality

9 minutes ago, RoboBearToo said:

I think the problem is that since we've been back in the top flight, we've won 2 trophies.

The players mentioned have been at the core of the teams in all of those seasons and may now be used to mediocrity.

There's no denying they are still good players, but it's questionable wether or not the have the required winning mentality

I don't think it's questionable at all. They don't and because of their influence over the dressing room it spreads quickly to whoever is added to said dressing room while they are still here.

Too many scars deep rooted that cannot ever heal properly compounded by the majority of new signings not being anywhere good enough to play for a league winning side.

2 hours ago, OrangeRab said:

Yeh but there’s no way he can attack that ball. That would be suicide as he likely won’t get there. It was too flat and close to half way.

He ran off our right side. They went 2 up front with Goldson and Balogun marking the 2 strikers. Goldson lost his and Balogun couldn't keep up with Miovski.

100% Goldson to blame. 

Unfortunately we are in the position of deciding who to keep as most of the squad is done for one reason or another. We are suffering the consequences of years of poor recruitment. PC has his work cut out to get the players in almost all positions that are of the right standard to win trophies and have good runs in Europe.

Both CB were to blame for the goal.

Goldson is slow to react to the ball forward and gets caught in no man’s land by neither committing to win it or dropping back.

Balogun is square on and too slow to react to Goldson failure and let’s Miovski in the gap between them.

We lost a similar goal to the filth in Goldson not dealing with the first contact well and Souttar ball watching rather than covering Furuhashi.

Its a simple ball forward that should be dealt with a lot better than those two instances.

Whether you want to blame Balogun or Goldson or both for the goal, the fact of the matter is they should have sufficiently bucked their ideas and concentration up after letting Aberdeen in one on one with Butland before hand and getting away with it. That should have been enough warning.

This is the issue with this team. Celtic have dropped points and we are going to Pittodrie which is a place we know will be a battle. Senior players need to want it and lead from the front. For the first twenty odd minutes Lundstram was garbage, second to every ball, Tav was anonymous, Balogun and Goldson. We got a reprieve off Butland and yet we still continued to play like we didn't want to close the gap.

Four experienced, senior players who should be leading the team and dragging the rest of the team with them and they start off like that. It's ridiculous that people are finding excuses to defend them. 

16 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Whether you want to blame Balogun or Goldson or both for the goal, the fact of the matter is they should have sufficiently bucked their ideas and concentration up after letting Aberdeen in one on one with Butland before hand and getting away with it. That should have been enough warning.

This is the issue with this team. celtic have dropped points and we are going to Pittodrie which is a place we know will be a battle. Senior players need to want it and lead from the front. For the first twenty odd minutes Lundstram was garbage, second to every ball, Tav was anonymous, Balogun and Goldson. We got a reprieve off Butland and yet we still continued to play like we didn't want to close the gap.

Four experienced, senior players who should be leading the team and dragging the rest of the team with them and they start off like that. It's ridiculous that people are finding excuses to defend them. 

Agree with most of your post but other than them being here longer I don’t see why the 4 individuals are being criticised heavier than our attacking players.

Our best opportunities were Balogun headers from corners, including our penalty.

Edit forgot the Lammers header.

We don’t create enough clear cut chances for our main striker from open play but when we have invested the amount of money in our front line and some of it doesn’t come off the bench when we are trailing, then it shows our attacking options and depth is still sadly lacking and has been a real fuck up that PC has to find the correct formula to make us more clinical.

Hate bringing those cunts into it but heard a stat that v Aberdeen they had 16 shots to our 15 but scored 6 to our 1, unsure of its accuracy but if so this shows our issue is still up front, which in no way excuses the poor defending at the weekend.