*****The Official Hearts vs Rangers match thread*****

.Williamson.

4 hours ago, MacBoyd said:

Horrible fixture for a midweek. Imperative we are on top form to win this.

Weirdly I think this is one of our easier fixtures. We certainly have played well there and got some of our best results at Tynecastle in the last couple of years.

4 minutes ago, East Enclosure Row N said:

Anyone else think Tom Lawrence was just missing in the game v St Mirren? You'd barely have known he was even playing.

Watched him intently in the 2nd half and the game went on round about him.

Yeah I mentioned that in the match thread. We've been very accommodating with him with regards to the injury but he was awful yesterday.

I'm not sure CM is his natural position however, was he not used wider and/or more attacking at Derby?

8 hours ago, PromDeAnglais said:

Yeah I mentioned that in the match thread. We've been very accommodating with him with regards to the injury but he was awful yesterday.

I'm not sure CM is his natural position however, was he not used wider and/or more attacking at Derby?

Yeah he was more attacking midfield left hand side.

10 hours ago, PromDeAnglais said:

Hes a far better player when in a more attacking role. Done well in his time at Derby playing on the wing

14 hours ago, PromDeAnglais said:

He was honking.

There is no need for two holding midfielders in this league though, hopefully PC has realised that.

Might just be that we’re so limited in options though. 

2 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

He was honking.

There is no need for two holding midfielders in this league though, hopefully PC has realised that.

Might just be that we’re so limited in options though. 

We said the same with Gerrard, Gio and Beale.

It never changes for whatever reason

16 hours ago, East Enclosure Row N said:

Anyone else think Tom Lawrence was just missing in the game v St Mirren? You'd barely have known he was even playing.

Watched him intently in the 2nd half and the game went on round about him.

A cardboard cut-out would be better option than Cifuentes. 

In the press conference today the question of where the fuck is Kieran Dowell was asked and the manager’s response was particularly positive, to say he’s training and part of the squad but there are a number of options in his position.

With Jack and Raskin injured, Cifuentes just back from injury and not in good form are we in danger of burning out Lundstram by refusing to use him as even an option off the bench?

4 hours ago, CoplandRoad83 said:

Some laugh after signing Raskin, Dowell, Cifuentes that we still need a new midfield. And after signing Dessers, Lammers, Danilo we still need a striker. And after signing Ridvan we still need a new left back. And after Souttar, Davies and Balogun we still need a CB.

You would think this would be on shareholders minds instead of fucking net zero.

4 hours ago, CoplandRoad83 said:

Some laugh after signing Raskin, Dowell, Cifuentes that we still need a new midfield. And after signing Dessers, Lammers, Danilo we still need a striker. And after signing Ridvan we still need a new left back. And after Souttar, Davies and Balogun we still need a CB.

You forgot to mention that we still don't have a right winger mate 👍

18 hours ago, graeme_4 said:

He was honking.

Might just be that we’re so limited in options 

I had hoped that was the idea on Sunday with just Lundstram holding and Lawrence pushing forward.  Didn't really work as Lawrence was poor - if Cifuentes or Lammers had played some of those passes people would have been howling for him to be hooked.  

The difference, of course, is that we know Lawrence is capable of much better 

Mental that we’ve only been given about 500 odd tickets when Hearts have nowhere near sold out their ground. Plus the fact that we are playing Hearts 3 times in about 6 weeks sums up the state of our game up here. We really need a total overhaul of Scottish football but unfortunately with the current cunts running the game, change won’t be happening any time soon. The excuse of clubs not wanting to give up 4 old firm games a season for ticket money surely goes out the window now as well. Hearts, sheep, St Mirren & Kilmarnock have all cut our allocations and would rather have empty seats than let our fans in. Now the 4 old firm visits should no longer be an issue they can look at expanding the league. 

16 minutes ago, B1872 said:

Mental that we’ve only been given about 500 odd tickets when Hearts have nowhere near sold out their ground. Plus the fact that we are playing Hearts 3 times in about 6 weeks sums up the state of our game up here. We really need a total overhaul of Scottish football but unfortunately with the current cunts running the game, change won’t be happening any time soon. The excuse of clubs not wanting to give up 4 old firm games a season for ticket money surely goes out the window now as well. Hearts, sheep, St Mirren & Kilmarnock have all cut our allocations and would rather have empty seats than let our fans in. Now the 4 old firm visits should no longer be an issue they can look at expanding the league. 

Arsenal are playing Liverpool 3 times in a similar timescale