*****The Official Dundee v Rangers Match Thread*****

Absolute shite from start to finish theyve again proved how little they give a fuck for anything .

Barely changed team same shite approach and tactics that make the oppositions job easy once again whilst they fail to.convince anyone they can actually look like a competent football team .

They don't even have the basic incline to make a pass of a decent standard or manage to create something that results in a foray into the opposition half and see it through to having a shot on goal .

They constantly run into defenders rather make a pass or.hoof.kt.up.hoping it falls to someone generally it's.mopped.up and results in a counter attack.

It's.fucking garbage what's being served up to pass as football clueless cunts the lot of them .

It's also quite clear that Clement's 4-2-3-1 doesn't work if our wide players are not effective in pulling the defence out to defend in a wide line and we get overwhelmed in the middle of the park.

2 hours ago, MattyBlue said:

Won’t be happening, not a chance imo and nor should it

Just pray PC has the balls to do something about the constant let downs in the summer

2 hours ago, Scottywellhousetb said:

Don't talk a load of shite :lol:

I didn’t mean that Clement was about to get sacked. I just meant in general it  reminded me of a performance you’d see when a manager is about to lose his job. 

1 minute ago, The Beast said:

It's also quite clear that Clement's 4-2-3-1 doesn't work if our wide players are not effective in pulling the defence out to defend in a wide line and we get overwhelmed in the middle of the park.

Ridvan being out alongside natural wingers has killed his system. 

Just now, The Beast said:

We are getting overwhelmed in the middle because the 2 players in the middle are part of a David Copperfield show.

The wingers aren't creating. The #10 is getting surrounded with no options. The defence is all over the place.

It's a shit show because of the players.

1 hour ago, downviewbear said:

We didn't actually buy anybody in the window silva was a loan ,diomande is an obligation to buy and cortes is an option to buy I'm sure if the money had of been there we would have got a striker .

The point I’m making is…. We had to four months to find a solution to our goalscoring.  That problem was never going to magically disappear nor were duds like Roofe and Dessers ever going to start scoring goals frequently. 

Just now, chris182 said:

Ridvan being out alongside natural wingers has killed his system. 

The system needs players who can play in that style. Having Silva and Sima neither of whom are natural wide players play in that system is fucking madness. At the very least put Sima on the left where he was so effective for us before he got injured.

1 minute ago, kanjo said:

The point I’m making is…. We had to four months to find a solution to our goalscoring.  That problem was never going to magically disappear nor were duds like Roofe and Dessers ever going to start scoring goals frequently. 

We could of singned Shankland. We could have even signed van der veen or any other half decent natural finisher but we didn't.  Roofe is done. Dessers for all his good movement can't actually score. It was a massive mistake in January not to bring in a proper striker even a decent journeyman.

4 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

We are getting overwhelmed in the middle because the 2 players in the middle are part of a David Copperfield show.

The wingers aren't creating. The #10 is getting surrounded with no options. The defence is all over the place.

It's a shit show because of the players.

Yes but the manager has to cut his cloth accordingly.  If they players are too shit to effectively play his preferred system he needs to adapt.

1 minute ago, The Beast said:

We could have singned Shankland. We could have even signed van der veen or any other half decent natural finisher but we didn't.  Roofe is done. Dessers for all his good movement can't actually score. It was a massive mistake in January not to bring in a proper striker even a decent journeyman.

Hear hear.  A truly monumental fuck up by the club. Not the first this season right enough. 

7 minutes ago, The Beast said:

Yes but the manager has to cut his cloth accordingly.  If they players are too shit to effectively play his preferred system he needs to adapt.

His system is that basic and understandable that any player should easily get it. Why the players lauded him a month or so after he came in. The players are too shit regardless of the tactics. There's nothing you could adapt to.

1 minute ago, islanderbear84 said:

I agree to an extent. But at the same time how many clear cut chances did we cover out for the strikers? Midfield and defence made nothing!!

Because we were overrun in midfield. This and the last game is on the manager. If playing a wide game isn't working for whatever reason we need to win the middle of the park.

4 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

His system is that basic and understandable that any player should easily get it. Why the players lauded him a month or so after he came in. The players are too shit regardless of the tactics. There's nothing you could adapt to.

There's no energy in the middle. Play Sterling there. Try a back three to include Balogun who has been our best CB at times this season but now can't get a shout. Rather than have Sima and Silva wide right and left respectively. Put Sima wide left where he was very effective pre injury and Silva in the middle. With either McCausland or Wright on the right. 

None of the above is perfect far from it but it's miles better than what we just witnessed.

Because we were overrun in midfield. This and the last game is on the manager. If playing a wide game isn't working for whatever reason we need to win the middle of the park.

But who's the answer in there for us? Because I'm not convinced we have any steel for those positions! And that's where we fall down. Weak as fuck from front to back. Taverner and goldson are poor and have been for far too long but tonight was on every fucking one of them!

4 minutes ago, islanderbear84 said:

I agree to an extent. But at the same time how many clear cut chances did we cover out for the strikers? Midfield and defence made nothing!!

I said at the time of signing Diomande that midfield was the least of our concerns.  I stand by that albeit I think he will be a good player for us.  We signed the wrong type of player in January and now we need to watch a bang average rival walk the league because of it. 

Totally unacceptable what we are watching h these past few weeks and questions need asked because it’s happening too often to be coincidence. 

16 minutes ago, The Beast said:

The issue is that we don’t have decent wide players. Something that we’ve been unable to address since Gerrard’s first season. Beale decided to try and address it by playing a narrow 3 which is bonkers in the Scottish game. Our only natural wide players are Matondo, McCausland and Wright. It doesn’t take a tactical genius to know they aren’t good enough. We effectively started tonight with 3 strikers playing as a front 3. Tactics are second to personnel. 

Just now, westenclosure2008 said:

The issue is that we don’t have decent wide players. Something that we’ve been unable to address since Gerrard’s first season. Beale decided to try and address it by playing a narrow 3 which is bonkers in the Scottish game. Our only natural wide players are Matondo, McCausland and Wright. It doesn’t take a tactical genius to know they aren’t good enough. We effectively started tonight with 3 strikers playing as a front 3. Tactics are second to personnel. 

Yes I agree to a point but pre injury Sima looked pretty good on the left. Since he's come back we have played him exclusively on the right where he's done very little. That simply does not make sense.

What system would you have went for with our squad?

Three at the back if Ridvan is out. Sterling in Central midfield. Sima on the left not right and Silva in the middle before Dessers or Roofe. 

For a start.

Yes I agree to a point but pre injury Sima looked pretty good on the left. Since he's come back we have played him exclusively on the right where he's done very little. That simply does not make sense.

Aye it does! To shoehorn silva into his team somehow even if he's offering fuck all!

I don’t disagree with that but his effectiveness was being in the box really. I still reckon his best position would be a number 9. He’s not really a creative player his success has came from getting in the box to finish. There is just no creativity in that team. We all thought Cantwell would be that guy but he’s another imposter that can only do it when it means nothing! 

I don’t disagree with that but his effectiveness was being in the box really. I still reckon his best position would be a number 9. He’s not really a creative player his success has came from getting in the box to finish. There is just no creativity in that team. We all thought Cantwell would be that guy but he’s another imposter that can only do it when it means nothing! 

So why not play Sima as a 9?