*****The Official Dundee v Rangers Match Thread*****

2 hours ago, Malkytfp1 said:

Whit shite are you talking? Of course the players are to blame nobody is suggesting otherwise, that doesn't mean however Clement is exempt.

you where putting the blame on clement and after everything i was pointing out he can only piss with what hes got and what hes got is a shit team thanks to beale and wilson

2 hours ago, The Beast said:

We could have singned Shankland. We could have even signed van der veen or any other half decent natural finisher but we didn't.  Roofe is done. Dessers for all his good movement can't actually score. It was a massive mistake in January not to bring in a proper striker even a decent journeyman.

We could have kept Colak in the squad for goodness sakes. Say what you will, he would have put away a lot of the chances Dessers has pissed away. He’d be of more use than Roofe.

Why do we insist on playing a back four when in reality its a back three.

Calling Tav a right back is like calling Dessers a striker because neither one do the job their supposed position calls for.

Tav wanders around the field very rarely in his position 90% of the time he is chasing back trying to catch up to an opposition player running up the sideline.

Against Ross County he was over in the left midfield on a number of occasions then having to scramble over to the right to catchup to an out ball from the opposition.

Dessers is never a striker, some of his attempts from in the 18 yard box are abysmal and yes he has scored a number of goals but statistically, chances against conversions are terrible.

We do not perform well against teams that are willing to attack us, we are so used to teams with ten men in defence we don't seem to be able to adapt to teams that are prepared to attack us.

3 minutes ago, bluenose48 said:

Why do we insist on playing a back four when in reality its a back three.

Calling Tav a right back is like calling Dessers a striker because neither one do the job their supposed position calls for.

Tav wanders around the field very rarely in his position 90% of the time he is chasing back trying to catch up to an opposition player running up the sideline.

Against Ross County he was over in the left midfield on a number of occasions then having to scramble over to the right to catchup to an out ball from the opposition.

Dessers is never a striker, some of his attempts from in the 18 yard box are abysmal and yes he has scored a number of goals but statistically, chances against conversions are terrible.

We do not perform well against teams that are willing to attack us, we are so used to teams with ten men in defence we don't seem to be able to adapt to teams that are prepared to attack us.

good point but its not even a back three its a back two borna's a shitebag who wants to emulate tav and ridvan as much as i like him doesn't have the muscle to be a defender

and the two we have there are also shit who should be shown the door in the summer

as much as beale fucked us this season (fuck can you imagine where we would be if he stayed :huh:) a lot of blame has to go to wilson and whoever else gave them all extensions

Could play until next week and still not score.

Glad to see us get a clean sheet and weren't too bad defensively apart from that first 10 minutes and when we were "chasing" late on. If we were going to do anything tonight and going forward we need clean sheets because, as we seen tonight, we dont have the firepower.

Slow, ponderous and unbalanced. Sterling is wasted at left back, absolutely wasted, and when you look at how unathletic that centre of midfield is Sterling is, along with Dio, what we're crying out for in there. For me, as much as a shitebag he is, Barisic has to play if Yilmaz isn't available. We have 4/5 other bed wetters out there but at least another one might help us out tactically, even at least so I don't have to watch Tav hit about 10 corners in succession.

Since we're on the left Silva is shite as is Matondo. Get Sima back out there and get McCausland back on the right with Tav getting forward. One side you have Barisic playing balls down the channel for Sima and on the other McCausland coming inside while Tav exploits the space.

I'm not his biggest fan but alongside Sterling we should be trying Raskin. As I said that midfield tonight was as unathletic as you can get. At least Raskin and Sterling can sprint and I suspect he might be a better number 8 than Lawrence, Dowell and whoever fucking else we can chuck in before him.

Cantwell is our only 10 at this point and he was a huffy we shite tonight. Didn't turn up and was right to get hooked.

As much as Desser is a pain in the arse there is a reason he plays before Roofe and we seen why tonight. Roofe, unfortunately for him, is done.

The manager is very limited here but I think there's other things he could be doing rather than what he is.

I’m not even sure you can blame the manager for the style of football either. They shitebags on the park have literally reverted to type in every other aspect, so going back to playing within the shell they need protection for isn’t really a surprise either. We’ve seen it under 3 managers and I highly doubt the manager has changed tactics from blowing Hearts, Hibs away, to the performance against Benfica away to not being able to string two passes together. 

The core of this time has had enough time, couldn’t care about their length of service, I hope there is banners at Ibrox demanding they are put out the club

Have slept on it and they really are a bunch of fucking inept gutless cowards. Flying high and we fuck it against Motherwell, Dundee and Ross fucking county. This is the most shameful bunch of imposters I've seen in my 37 years supporting the club. The sooner the vast majority are away the better. We don't need great players to win this league , we need a group who aren't a bunch of snivelling pussies. Shameful.

1 hour ago, Rowley Birkin said:

roofe has been done for ages i only hope his contract is out after this season

Contract expires this summer. It would be utter negligence and a sackable offence to offer an extention.

Unfortunately the even worse Tom Lawrence has another year unless we can find a mug club to take him.

25 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Contract expires this summer. It would be utter negligence and a sackable offence to offer an extention.

Unfortunately the even worse Tom Lawrence has another year unless we can find a mug club to take him.

thats just it if we really want to reach what we once where balls need to be booted and arses kicked out the door and not just players but those that without question just hand over contracts to make their life easier

fuck goldson got a contract because no one else wanted him im quite sure we could have got a younger fitter better player for a lot cheaper than that liability

1 hour ago, Prso's headband said:

I’m not even sure you can blame the manager for the style of football either. They shitebags on the park have literally reverted to type in every other aspect, so going back to playing within the shell they need protection for isn’t really a surprise either. We’ve seen it under 3 managers and I highly doubt the manager has changed tactics from blowing Hearts, Hibs away, to the performance against Benfica away to not being able to string two passes together. 

The core of this time has had enough time, couldn’t care about their length of service, I hope there is banners at Ibrox demanding they are put out the club

I can't say I agree with everything he's said in his past 2 interviews but I can understand why he's saying it as he doesn't really have many viable options and is perhaps too trusting of some. But after Ross County he looked quite upset and you could see on the touchline last night he was raging. Hopefully he's now finally seeing what a shower of shite he's inherited and gets rid of them because I honestly still believe he is the man for the job. 

3 hours ago, SIRB_72 said:

Could play until next week and still not score.

Glad to see us get a clean sheet and weren't too bad defensively apart from that first 10 minutes and when we were "chasing" late on. If we were going to do anything tonight and going forward we need clean sheets because, as we seen tonight, we dont have the firepower.

Slow, ponderous and unbalanced. Sterling is wasted at left back, absolutely wasted, and when you look at how unathletic that centre of midfield is Sterling is, along with Dio, what we're crying out for in there. For me, as much as a shitebag he is, Barisic has to play if Yilmaz isn't available. We have 4/5 other bed wetters out there but at least another one might help us out tactically, even at least so I don't have to watch Tav hit about 10 corners in succession.

Since we're on the left Silva is shite as is Matondo. Get Sima back out there and get McCausland back on the right with Tav getting forward. One side you have Barisic playing balls down the channel for Sima and on the other McCausland coming inside while Tav exploits the space.

I'm not his biggest fan but alongside Sterling we should be trying Raskin. As I said that midfield tonight was as unathletic as you can get. At least Raskin and Sterling can sprint and I suspect he might be a better number 8 than Lawrence, Dowell and whoever fucking else we can chuck in before him.

Cantwell is our only 10 at this point and he was a huffy we shite tonight. Didn't turn up and was right to get hooked.

As much as Desser is a pain in the arse there is a reason he plays before Roofe and we seen why tonight. Roofe, unfortunately for him, is done.

The manager is very limited here but I think there's other things he could be doing rather than what he is.

There is - but in the end it won't work till the shitebags have gone they bring down every aspect of the team and there really isn't a personality amongst the new players who has the influence to change that at the moment. Which is rather sad and pathetic really. 

13 minutes ago, Moody Blue Legend said:

Not as angry as I was after Motherwell, tarriers or County.  Just felt inevitable last night.  We look absolutely spent and clueless again.

I was more angry at the fireworks going off last night at half 10.

I fucking hate those bastards 

Never came in here last night as was fuming, never try to be too negative and living 10 mins away from Dens doesn't give too much reflective time,  but that last night was horrendous, no fight, no leadership, no desire as professionals to give their all, by fuck we were still going for the title.

Looking at it again, the same individuals look like they don't give a fuck and are throwing their manager under, surely Clement can see this? there is a common denominator that is glaring for everyone to see, But by accounts ( I can't stomach to watch) it appears his presser he was trying to save them? Fuck man get the brush out and get rid for yourself, the fans and the weak mentality of the club.

Was going to start a thread on who should stay go, but they can all go excluding Butland. It's quite clear that the constant in our failures is this group of players and not the management, although tbh at this point I would also not be upset to start afresh there as well after his responses to the last three results. Not the mentality I want to see from a Rangers manager. 

I hope we have a good plan for the summer because we've just handed them an enormous cheque.

9 hours ago, MayboleLoyal_atb said:

When was our last 0.0 draw in the league? Can think of Prague away this season but can’t think of any in the league for a while?

Livi away.

7 hours ago, Rowley Birkin said:

you where putting the blame on clement and after everything i was pointing out he can only piss with what hes got and what hes got is a shit team thanks to beale and wilson

Read what I've written. I'm not blaming Clement solely. The players are the main issue but Clement isn't exempt from criticism here. He's made plenty baffling decisions and hasn't reacted. 

You're lying to yourself if you're saying this squad isn't good enough to beat Ross county and Dundee. He's got a hell of a lot better options to piss with than both those teams.