Clement: I had other expectations when I came.

Just now, Redmond7 said:

Are we really any better off as a club, are the people in charge really any better, than when we had the likes of Charles Green around? I had kind of forgotten - probably on purpose, you have to block some shit out in life to survive - just how bad it was in those days, but I'm not really convinced we have moved forwards. A few of us on here remember when in the 80's we had the take over by Murray and the lead up to that and how shit we were, bit a lot of that was caused by the stadium re-build during that period. It was, to an extent, understandable, and, I can't speak for anyone else, but every season, no matter how bad we are, always believed we would be in there fighting. I don't know if I can see that anymore, it seems to me that current custodians of the club are happy to be 2nd rate. I hope to fuck im wrong but right now, you look at where we are and nothing has changed since last season. I dont  even know what to think anymore and I cant even describe how it makes me feel, but I know mostly everyone here feels the same. Its tragic.

Murray had fucking cash, and wanted Rangers to be the best.

These guys want to make a profit and give little fuck about the footballing department.

I'd rather have someone that wants to actually improve the team, above all else.

Football and us succeeding in that, pays for everything else. This dereliction of the footballing department is fucking atrocious.

2 minutes ago, Loyal72 said:

I still don't think that's any reflection on him though - I think that's still board, Bennett etc chopping and changing, and the stadium mess taking even more funds away.

Edit: as Negri says too, certain deals falling through.

We're kinda fucked, and can see why he's a bit disappointed.

Clearly a bit of a war now with the board by his comments.

Wouldn’t be surprised if they’re also pointing fingers at not getting the maximum out of the players (I’m not necessarily saying that’s true before anyone jumps in on this).

1 minute ago, STEPPS BOY said:

NEH was to be almost entirely paid for by selling part of Albion Car Park.

We still have the car park and it cost us £15 million.

I actually chuckled at this. But truthfully, that's fucking tragic business 😂

Things are looking really grim for this season. The only slight glimmer of hope was how well the young guys that came on today did. Maybe i'm clutching at staws, but if we can't sign anyone decent, maybe worth giving them a chance. 

Looks like it's that, or the same shit we've seen for the last few years.

1 minute ago, AlbertzLoyalRSC said:

Things are looking really grim for this season. The only slight glimmer of hope was how well the young guys that came on today did. Maybe i'm clutching at staws, but if we can't sign anyone decent, maybe worth giving them a chance. 

Looks like it's that, or the same shit we've seen for the last few years. 

Yes you’re clutching at straws.

1 minute ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Clearly a bit of a war now with the board by his comments.

Wouldn’t be surprised if they’re also pointing fingers at not getting the maximum out of the players (I’m not necessarily saying that’s true before anyone jumps in on this).

Look at the training video that  was posted during the week, he's encouraging players to pass and press, hes giving what appears to me to be clear instructions on how he wants them to play. Look at todays match, I'm not seeing that happen. Sure its early and we've still got a few weeks to go, but it would appear to me, and I have no clue what goes on behind closed doors, that what the manager wants and what this group of players are able to deliver, are almost polar opposites now. And yet, as much as I love the guy, I have to ask why he persevers, for instance, with Goldson as captain. We are going nowhere fast.

We've spent fortunes on the peripheral stuff at the expense of the most important thing - the first team.

Fuck knows how we fix this cluster fuck in the next few seasons. It's like the Board enjoy self harming us as a club. 

At a time they cunts aren't great and could be got at we've completely fucked it. Sickening.

One thing for sure is you need to see how he spoke about this as reading it always makes it look worse,the media will love this and he will get a rough ride in the pressers by those usual pricks that ask those fucking stupid questions.

Lets see what happens the rest of the transfer window,I have every faith in him 

7 minutes ago, Loyal72 said:

Murray had fucking cash, and wanted Rangers to be the best.

These guys want to make a profit and give little fuck about the footballing department.

I'd rather have someone that wants to actually improve the team, above all else.

Football and us succeeding in that, pays for everything else. This dereliction of the footballing department is fucking atrocious.

I mean, in the end, Murray fucked us over and I get the hatred a lot of us had for him, but right now we need that kind of moment to happen again. I remember as a kid wondering if I was born in the wrong era as we lurched from failure to failure, but in the end we came good and got a good few years of success. I really feel for younger bears today. 

5 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Yes you’re clutching at straws.

Probably.:lol: But i don't see us winning anything with the players who started the first half today.

Remember Hanson "You can't win anything with kids"...

This seems like the only time i would even try it.  Almost the whole 'first team' are garbage.

4 minutes ago, AlbertzLoyalRSC said:

Probably.:lol: But i don't see us winning anything with the players who started the first half today.

This seems like the only time i would even try it.  Almost the whole 'first team' are garbage.

I'd try anything at this point. I just want something different, a bit of hope and good vibes about the place.

Instead, fuck alls going to plan, the manager is pissed off, and it looks even more hopeless than when we were coming back up the leagues etc.

It's grim this. I've never seen us so bang average.

Honestly I’ve no felt like this pre-season (2012 aside) ever. Just sheer rage at the board. See those benches with their names outside NEH, get them fucking smashed. Need to chase these cunts, we’ll be one hand behind our back until we do. Absolute arseholes. 
100% back the manager. Get the board to fuck though, lying spineless pricks.

7 minutes ago, AlbertzLoyalRSC said:

Have no problem with half a team of kids if they’re good enough - would love us to sign Miller and just throw him in.

But McKinnon, Fraser, Lowry etc. aren’t good enough. Plenty of energy from the first two but no quality.

Having been told a few months ago it speaks volumes of his character that he's still here and prepared to carry on . 

Mickey Mouse stuff with this board . Shocking really to be run like that . 

Just now, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Clement’s not averse to a (white) lie or two either.

Says Cantwell’s been injured and we’ll know in the next couple of weeks yet he’s been in all the training game videos looking as lively as everyone else.

Are you suggesting he's not being truthful here?

50 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

This probably wont go down well, but why are we doing stadium infrastructure work when money is tight?

That’s the sort of work you do after a big sale and a year or two CL money come in.

It’s the same as that glorified pub we built out the back of the Copland.

Yep. Success on the pitch first the rest could have come later. 

6 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Clement’s not averse to a (white) lie or two either.

Says Cantwell’s been injured and we’ll know in the next couple of weeks yet he’s been in all the training game videos looking as lively as everyone else.

Bit different pretending to supporters that someone is injured so you don't have to keep justifying leaving them out etc, and actually publicly saying hey this isn't what this job was presented as, not what I expected.

Board and support are different, one controls his job. And he doesn't seem to mince.