graeme_4’s official Clement discussion thread

4 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

I’m still on the fence with it, if he keeps us winning domestically he has until the LC final probably v them.

Mate I'm sorry but there's nothing to show us what he's trying to achieve. I don't think anyone knows what we are supposed to be playing or what the style or end outcome is.

T

6 minutes ago, RM Monitor And Standards Officer said:

Mate I'm sorry but there's nothing to show us what he's trying to achieve. I don't think anyone knows what we are supposed to be playing or what the style or end outcome is.

T

Pass the baw roon the houses until the other team gets bored into leaving an opening then sit back and pray we don't lose from 1 nil up. 

Pretty effective style imo

18 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

I’m still on the fence with it, if he keeps us winning domestically he has until the LC final probably v them.

Good grief, imagine him overseeing us in the league cup final against them. Good grief 

7 minutes ago, born a blue nose said:

Pass the baw roon the houses until the other team gets bored into leaving an opening then sit back and pray we don't lose from 1 nil up. 

Pretty effective style imo

Keep the zero 

50 minutes ago, RWB72 said:

“I just don’t see any progression — at Ibrox or Old Trafford — and it seems both clubs are simply delaying the inevitable.”

seems that way to me

He's saying there's an inevitability, he's not calling for it. I wish he would.

27 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

”I just don’t see any progression”

”it’s excuse after excuse from Clement”

”It looks like the inevitable is only a few months away”

Referring to similarity with Ten Hag ”it seems both clubs are delaying the inevitable”

You’re right mate, he’s fully backed him there.

He's not calling for it though. That's the next stage. You literally posted quotes and in none of them hes seeking a sacking. It'll come.

3 hours ago, .Williamson. said:

You’re a dopey bastard

Literally all 3 of the names you mentioned had a positive reaction when they came in mid season. Clement almost but for a bizarre collapse could have won a treble and Gio won a Scottish Cup and took us to a European final ffs :lol: 

Even Beale got an initial  lift from the team he came into and we went on a bit of a winning run. Even battered celtic at Ibrox at the end of the season, albeit a weakened side.

None of them were judged negatively on the half seasons they came into the club. It was the full seasons following when they had their own sides and their own stamp on it

What happened after all that "good start"? The exact same thing would happen here again sacking the manager mid season isn't the answer. We will be in this position again next season if it happens. 

4 hours ago, Rangers_no1 said:

It nearly worked massively last season. It got us a cup and bar a collapse out of nowhere a treble was available!

Yet here we are again probably weeks away from another change. Am no saying a change isn't needed just not whilst in the middle of the season. 

11 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

He's not calling for it though. That's the next stage. You literally posted quotes and in none of them hes seeking a sacking. It'll come.

SemanticsMyArse imo

I said essentially. Mental thing for you to be arguing about here.

3 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

Yet here we are again probably weeks away from another change. Am no saying a change isn't needed just not whilst in the middle of the season. 

If it's not going to work out, which seems pretty obvious now, then what difference will waiting until May make?

22 minutes ago, Fear no foe said:

If it's not going to work out, which seems pretty obvious now, then what difference will waiting until May make?

Puts the next manager on the backfoot if things go wrong, which with the group of players we have, could easily happen. There’s a reason most top managers don’t go into clubs in the middle of the season.

Sacking him now achieves nothing while the fire is still burning around him. Get a Chairman and CEO in position and then at the end of this season we can talk about a change in manager if things turn out as bad as what's feared. 

1 hour ago, DT78 said:

Diomande, Cortes didn’t look the same player, Cerny looked ok at the start looks terrible now. 

Cortes ?  Cortes has been fucked with injury.  Cerny, you can't coach not ballooning a ball over an empty net at his age. Diomande, it's the system that's fucking Diomande. 

34 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

SemanticsMyArse imo

I said essentially. Mental thing for you to be arguing about here.

I actually went to read the article thinking it was a development that a high profile pundit was effectively calling for Clement's sacking. Only to find he wasn't.

Only thing I'm raging about is not paying more attention to you being the poster talking shite and saying it.

The thing is the current version we have of Clement isn’t the same version that walked through the door, when he come in he seemed a tough talking no nonsense type, he had players running through brick walls for him pressing high up the park and at a high tempo, now we have him bumbling about and talking pish to the press, making excuses for the board, slow passive boring football, and doesn’t have the balls to drop our atrocious captain. 

5 minutes ago, 6superbarry6 said:

The thing is the current version we have of Clement isn’t the same version that walked through the door, when he come in he seemed a tough talking no nonsense type, he had players running through brick walls for him pressing high up the park and at a high tempo, now we have him bumbling about and taking pish to the press, making excuses for the board, slow passive boring football, and doesn’t have the balls to drop our atrocious captain. 

Been clear to see this since his "not what I was expecting" interview back in July. 

Initially I had a lot of sympathy for him as it looks like he was promised one thing and got another, but it's like he's now sitting back a bit because he knows he won't get any real pressure on him from board level. 

5 minutes ago, 6superbarry6 said:

The thing is the current version we have of Clement isn’t the same version that walked through the door, when he come in he seemed a tough talking no nonsense type, he had players running through brick walls for him pressing high up the park and at a high tempo, now we have him bumbling about and taking pish to the press, making excuses for the board, slow passive boring football, and doesn’t have the balls to drop our atrocious captain. 

I think he has mentally checked out tbh. Even a new contract hasn't sweetened anything. Once you make that decision in your head it's nigh on impossible to change 

16 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

I actually went to read the article thinking it was a development that a high profile pundit was effectively calling for Clement's sacking. Only to find he wasn't.

Only thing I'm raging about is not paying more attention to you being the poster talking shite and saying it.

You’re an utter oddball :lol:

I'd be all for giving him time if he showed he was actually trying something but its the same system and same subs he makes every single time no matter what position we are in on the pitch,

I dunno if hes stubborn or just doesnt know anything else but it cant go on forever.