graeme_4’s official Clement discussion thread

2 minutes ago, Stunels said:

Not saying youre wrong but the toughest game in that 5 is sheep at pittodrie so its really not inconceivable that we win all 5.  Wouldnt put money on it happening but its also not the worst run of games we will see this season.

I have us winning every game outwidth the Aberdeen game and a potential cup final against celtic in my post tbf. I just think with the form Aberdeen are in this season and with us being quite shite looking they’ll be well up for it at home. I think they’ll probably pull a bigger crowd than usual too because of the confidence they’ll be feeling atm 

Obviously hope I’m wrong and we win the lot of them but I’ve absolutely no expectations of that being the case knowing how we’ve looked in practically every game domestically this season with the exception of Ross County 

3 hours ago, .Williamson. said:

I think he’ll see out the entire season unless he walks himself. Like you said it would take a couple of serious doings for him to be in danger of a sacking and it would need to be a couple of random sides and not celtic or some big European side, because he’ll not get the boot for getting battered by sides like that 

He won't survive many more celtic defeats let alone batterings

It's a tricky run of League games after this International break and while I wouldn't confidently predict we'll win all four games, I think our mood will depend on what the tims do as much as us, if we somehow win all four, which I think we're more than capable of doing, we'll get a good feel good factor, even more so if they drop points in this next batch of games.

I've heard folk say Clement won't surivive if we drop points at Rugby Park and/or Pittodrie, but they have Aberdeen at home straight after an Int break, which is always a struggle considering they never have a full squad until the Friday, and their two away trips are Fir Park and Rugby Park, grounds they struggled at last season, for some reason they tend to struggle against Motherwell home or away, so if both of us drop points I don't think the negativity would get too bad, in fact we'd probably look at their poor results as a base for positivity, even if we don't think we could finish ahead of them this season, it'd be enough for us to talk ourselves into thinking they're not this insurmountable force we're told they are.

Basically, if as long as we don't end up further behind over the next batch of games, throw in a European win and a spot in the League Cup Final, we'll head into December with a real feel good factor.

I'm no concerned at all about Aberdeen, it doesn't matter if they're flying or they're dying, they'll always give us a game, they won't sustain their league form and while I don't think they'll drop like a stone, over the next 11 games we'll be well clear of them (10pts), in fact in the next 11 League games I'm expecting 29-33 points, couple of tough away games early in that run but it's a very favourable run after Pittodrie, I think at worse we'll have 9 wins and 2 draws, and that'll set us up for the Ibrox Old Firm game at New Year.

(A) Kilmarnock       W/D
(H) St Mirren            W
(A) Aberdeen          W/D
(H) Hearts                W
(H) Dundee United  W
(A) St Johnstone     W
(H) Kilmarnock        W
(A) Ross County      W
(H) Dundee              W
(A) St Mirren            W
(A) Motherwell         W

The big thing here though is we'll have a few really tough European games and the likelihood of an Old Firm Cup Final sandwiched in between these games, if we don't do well in them then the run we'll go on in the League won't have the same feel good factor as it should have.

1 hour ago, MacBoyd said:

He won't survive many more celtic defeats let alone batterings

I just don’t really see us ever sacking a manager after a defeat to them. We’ve had some horror shows against them in recent times and I can’t remember anyone getting the boot in the immediate aftermath of them 

12 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

I just don’t really see us ever sacking a manager after a defeat to them. We’ve had some horror shows against them in recent times and I can’t remember anyone getting the boot in the immediate aftermath of them 

Murty after the 5-0, that was off the back of them taking 4 off us at Hampden the week before, other than that, I can't think of any other time we made the change after an Old Firm.

46 minutes ago, Blueshoff said:

Not an excuse but he's had a lot to deal with.  Overhaul a squad (when noone wanted the players) no real cash to spend, injury after injury and now fucking international breaks (another coming up in November).

I see what your saying here however the international breaks should be giving us a chance to put some kind of plan of action into place re style/press etc 

54 minutes ago, Amokachi said:

I see what your saying here however the international breaks should be giving us a chance to put some kind of plan of action into place re style/press etc 

Not when a good whack of the guys you want to coach have fucked off across europe

Noticed tonight bajrami playing wide left for albania, and helping set up their first goal

1 hour ago, Amokachi said:

I agree to an extent but players missing and interrupting any momentum counters that.

3 hours ago, Blueshoff said:

Not an excuse but he's had a lot to deal with.  Overhaul a squad (when noone wanted the players) no real cash to spend, injury after injury and now fucking international breaks (another coming up in November).

No having this tbh, every manager in world football every season has this at the same time, the rest you could maybe have a case but not blaming international breaks.

3 minutes ago, NixonRFC said:

No having this tbh, every manager in world football every season has this at the same time, the rest you could maybe have a case but not blaming international breaks.

Does every gaffer rip their squad apart in the summer for a rebuild and only get 3 of his first team starters in the dying days and hours of the transfer window though

2 minutes ago, Jimfanciesthedude said:

Does every gaffer rip their squad apart in the summer for a rebuild and only get 3 of his first team starters in the dying days and hours of the transfer window though

What's that got to do with International breaks?

50 minutes ago, Jimfanciesthedude said:

RFC55 wishes it was Jupiter, you clearly wish it was Uranus.

We should be winning those 5 games and don’t see why we would accept that we wouldn’t. And quite frankly if we lose to Aberdeen then the season might turn out to be a disaster. They will think they can finish 2nd and I wouldn’t blame them.

I think we will win all 5 and if we don’t it’s another nail in Clement’s coffin. 

There’s a more than decent chance Aberdeen beat us. That would leave us 8 adrift of them. Acting like second is a given isn’t great. We’re in a shocking state, the players are as bad as what we had in 2017-18. Routinely scudded off them, capable of dropping points to anyone in the league and going through the motions in October as the league was done before a ball was kicked. 

In terms of trophy count, if Clement somehow flukes the league cup, he’ll be our most successful manager in 12-13 years. That’s sickening and shows how bad we’ve been run. 

Aye no looking good lads. Have Anderlecht appointed a new manager yet? I read they were interviewing Ryan Mason but not sure if he got the job yet. Probably best for all parties that someone else comes in for him as don’t see him being sacked this season.

10 hours ago, NixonRFC said:

What's that got to do with International breaks?

Destroys any momentum and reduces time you can spend training together.  Harder to develop understanding between players.  We started to see that with Jefte and Bajrami and then two weeks apart.

4 hours ago, Broxi said:

We should be winning those 5 games and don’t see why we would accept that we wouldn’t. And quite frankly if we lose to Aberdeen then the season might turn out to be a disaster. They will think they can finish 2nd and I wouldn’t blame them.

I think we will win all 5 and if we don’t it’s another nail in Clement’s coffin. 

If we lose to Aberdeen I think there's no way back for the manager. 

Same as it was last season when Beale lost to them at this stage. 

It's one thing chasing the tarriers but being further behind the sheep would be the last straw.